Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Microsoft Purchases Mojang

• Throni360Throni3602,545,664
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 07:56
    Why would you want to see that movie on the One? Just watch it on youtube.
  • Posted on 20 September 14 at 17:15
    Craiglionheart said:DOOM The Return said:Craiglionheart said:Martinio140 said:Modifications to the game can be made into DLC now i guess? Microsoft will be the most stupid company in the world if they don't bring mods for consoles out. Thats all console gamers want from Minecraft, none of these absolue rubbish mash-up and texture packs.^Yes x 1000
    I played Minecraft on the PC for years, and the vanilla version gets boring quickly, things like Industrial Craft and Build Craft need to be added in, fuck it, I would even pay another £40 if they brought out a FTB Ultimate version. And yes, mash-up and texture pack stuff, only appeals to the small minority, bring in the shit that everyone wants!

Cw Icecold said:As a thank you from PlayStation, that MS allows Mojang to finish the PS4 version, they should make Little Big Planet available for XboxLittle Big Planet was fun for a bit, but kinda got boring, we would be much better off if we got The Last Of Us, that seems to be the biggest thing Sony has over us.
    Minecraft for The Last of Us? Get the fuck out of here. laugh
    hahaha, well I like to aim high laugh
    I liked last of us and all, but you guys are way overvaluing it. I played it through and didn't touch it again until I traded it in toward the definitive version on ps4. I wound up starting the story again, barely got into it before switching to the dlc. Once I was done dlc, I haven't got back to it. Minecraft on the other hand, is getting played more by me than other games that cost over 80 dollars like destiny. That says a lot IMO about replay value. Minecraft will still have tons of people playing it long after destiny and last of us taper down.

What ms should do is make a deal to put minecraft on the 3ds and wii u for some mario on xbox one.
  • Posted on 26 September 14 at 17:37
    I don't get how modding would work on the Xbox. They're hardly gonna let every monkey and his uncle code mods for the game and publish them. So what ends up happening is exactly what did. They look at what the community wants most(or what will make them lots of money) and release it as dlc.

I'm no expert but wouldn't it be a MASSIVE undertaking for them to create a platform in which people could create content for the game without releasing the game completely open source(this is Xbox not pc)? essentially allowing anyone to do anything to it?

I'd love to see mods but imho the 'majority' of players are casual. That is the industry now, in every franchise. So unfortunately they will always market content based on what the 'majority' of players are more likely to pay for. Still really curious to see what happens to the pc community in the coming months, once Microsoft start fiddling...
    Dying is half the fun...!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads