Xbox 360

Forum for Xbox 360 related things

What new game should I start?

• zr122zr122579,490
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 04:39, Edited on 19 September 14 at 01:05 by zr122
    I have a relatively large backlog of games (for me, at least) and I'd like to start whittling it down a bit. Instead of weighing pros and cons and ratios and all that fun stuff, I've decided to let the community decide for me.

I'll give this thread until the end of the month before I make my decision. I'll go through the list on October 1st, and start the winning game on October 2nd.

So, without further ado, my backlog:

Batman: Arkham Origins (no DLC)
    BattleBlock Theatre
    Charlie Murder
    Dead Island (with DLC)
    Dead Rising 2: Off The Record
    Deadlight
    Dishonored (with DLC)
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
    Dungeon Defenders
    Dust: An Elysian Tale
    Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
    Gotham City Impostors
    Hitman: Absolution
    Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
    Rayman Legends
    Shoot Many Robots
    Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
    Singularity
    Sleeping Dogs (no DLC)
    South Park: The Stick of Truth
    Super Street Fighter IV (with Arcade Edition DLC)

This is an experiment, letting others control my gaming future. The point is to have fun! Post what game you think I should play, and if you have a specific reason, share that too!
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13542,205
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 06:42
    South Park. I thought it was funny.
    What the brown?
  • pezza888pezza888179,765
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 07:59
    Saints row the third. Great fun
  • NimaconNimacon303,703
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 12:40
    Either Saints row the third for the hilarity that comes with driving around steelport and making trouble or Batman Arkham origins for the nitty gritty soar into the night and land on a criminals face type fun.
  • Posted on 18 September 14 at 15:13
    I'm with DarthGoose13... South Park. It was a fun game!
  • F3AR AvengerF3AR Avenger1,021,181
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 18:25
    id go with Batman: Arkham Origins = Brilliant game, I enjoyed the story more than Arkham City smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 September 14 at 22:28
    South Park!
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,464
    Posted on 18 September 14 at 23:17
    South Park. Although Rayman Legends is a lot of fun too
    TA Walkthrough & Game Info Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • zr122zr122579,490
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 01:06
    Had to edit out Saints Row The Third. I didn't mean to put it in there. I still haven't finished Saints Row 2!

It's nice to see people responding already. I'm looking forward to the final tally!
  • OjotangoOjotango217,810
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 08:37
    Arkham, definitely.

1: It's awesome
    2: It's Batman
    3: It's the first on the list. Just do them alphabetically already!
    So much for pathos...
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 11:56
    zr122 said:Had to edit out Saints Row The Third. I didn't mean to put it in there. I still haven't finished Saints Row 2!

It's nice to see people responding already. I'm looking forward to the final tally!
    If you haven't finished saints row 2 then why don't you play that before starting a new game?
  • DakyDaky418,014
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 12:46
    Hitman Absolution (not hard 100% completion)
    Rayman Legends (really fun)
    South Park The stick of truth (if you are a fan of the show like me than this is a definitive must)
    Daky1001
  • o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,825,512
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 13:07
    I have just done deadlight working through my backlog. Really fun and different game. Closely followed by dead island. Got to get ready for the next one!
    Happy Gaming
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,704
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 14:03
    Civilization Revolution.
    Deep into that darkness peering.. Long I stood there.. wondering..fearing.. doubting..
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,324
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 15:31
    Gotham City Imposters, for reasons that trump Ojo's:

1. It's a real laugh...
    2. It's Batman...
    3. It is online only, and was free recently, so the community is pretty large, enabling you to play regular folk...like me, and not just the people that love it and are really good at it.

Word of caution though, you do have to download some updates the first time you play, so set them going while you have dinner or something!
    Legohead 1977
  • OjotangoOjotango217,810
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 18:39
    Whaaaaa?!

The nerve!

1: You have to play with other people. Eurgh.
    2: It's not Batman. The clue's in the title.
    3: It is online only, and Lego is clearly just looking for someone... Anyone to please play with him.

:P

In the meantime, though, pick up Battleblock Theatre - it's the kind of game you don't have to do in one go and can return to between the others.
    So much for pathos...
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,240,098
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 21:12
    Dragons Dogma

Brilliant RPG
  • zr122zr122579,490
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 23:52
    pezza888 said:zr122 said:Had to edit out Saints Row The Third. I didn't mean to put it in there. I still haven't finished Saints Row 2!

If you haven't finished saints row 2 then why don't you play that before starting a new game?
    I'm playing through 2 in co-op with a friend, and he's not available on a regular basis. Otherwise I'd have finished it a while ago.
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 00:02
    zr122 said:pezza888 said:zr122 said:Had to edit out Saints Row The Third. I didn't mean to put it in there. I still haven't finished Saints Row 2!

I'm playing through 2 in co-op with a friend, and he's not available on a regular basis. Otherwise I'd have finished it a while ago.
    Fair enough. I see why you are looking for a new game to start then!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm652,917
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 00:43
    zr122 said:I have a relatively large backlog of games (for me, at least) and I'd like to start whittling it down a bit. Instead of weighing pros and cons and ratios and all that fun stuff, I've decided to let the community decide for me.

I'll give this thread until the end of the month before I make my decision. I'll go through the list on October 1st, and start the winning game on October 2nd.

So, without further ado, my backlog:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

This is an experiment, letting others control my gaming future. The point is to have fun! Post what game you think I should play, and if you have a specific reason, share that too!
    I'm having a lot of fun playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. There's a new walkthrough that's just been published that's pretty good.

The game has a unique approach to your four member party. There's your playable character and three AI members called pawns. Your main pawn is tied to your gamertag and progresses with your playable character. The other two pawns are either generated by the game or borrowed from another player.

You use a kind of in-game currency to 'pay' for the use of other players pawns. Pawns at or below the level of your playable character are free. You 'pay' for pawns more advanced than yours--the higher the level, the higher the price. However, you do not have to 'pay' for pawns created by your XBox Live friends.

The bottom line is, if you decide to play the game, send me a friend request. I've got a killer pawn that is already at level 125 and will be maxed out before the end of the month. When you reach the point at the beginning of the game where you acquire your support pawns, pawns belonging to your XBox Live friends automatically appear and you have the option of accepting them into your party or not.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads