Game Discussion: D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

Achievements not unlocking?

• FakeRinginFakeRingin80,412
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 15:30
    I just finished up season 1 and realized some achievements didn't unlock, such as the action scene with Amanda achievement in episode 2.
    The finishing the action scene with no poor/misses ones don't unlock for me either even when it says I got 0.
    Also does anyone know if you go get achievements when replaying episodes? I replayed the prologue and couldn't get any achievements to unlock or even progress.
  • REALFOX81REALFOX81472,991
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 21:10
    maybe reload the game from store or re-download your profile. for me this above mentioned achievement unlocked when it should. i played with controller not with kinect.
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,342,737
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 22:07
    Happened to me as well. Went back to get the 75% synchro with Amanda, got 100% and nothing. Also boosted most stats to 75%, still didn't help.
    ABOYNE - vb: To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.
  • b30118218b301182183,538,946
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 22:15
    So this is weird, I too went back through the prologue twice to try to pick up the sync achievement I missed as well as poor miss and they didn't pop for me either, however on my 3rd run of the prologue i then went to Amandas store before exiting and the achievements popped up that I was owed as soon as her screen loaded. Try that guys see if it works for you
  • EvilTrovisEvilTrovis264,047
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 22:31
    I'm also having this issue. Here's a post I made on another website:

Hi guys.

Just completed episode 2, and the game was fantastic, but I wanted to warn you guys about the achievements. At some point in the game, I just stopped earning achievements at all. Not even cumulative progress based ones were counting (for example, I'm at 97% for the "Collect 40 pieces of clothing" achievement, and if I get more clothing, it stays at 97%).

I did not get any achievement for beating the "machinery" QTE in episode 2 (I should have gotten both the regular achievement and one for no miss/poor). I did not get an achievement for doing any of Olivia's side missions, when I did several (possibly all, not sure, but at least a few). I did not get an achievement for beating episode 2/season 1, even though I got to the end, got a results screen, and clicking "Continue" starts me back at the prologue. I did not get an achievement for beating the game without doing any retries. At the end of episode 2, it told me I consumed something like 70 fl oz of alcohol in that episode alone, but the achievement tracker for the 100 oz is showing something like 30%. Etc., etc. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch but you get the point.

Not sure why I just stopped earning progress/achievements. I am on the preview Xbox One dashboard. It showed me (EvilTrovis) as being logged in the whole time (I'm the only account on this Xbox). I did the entire game in two play sessions; the issue started during the second one. My theory is that is has to do with that instant game resume thing (where you can turn the Xbox off, then come back later and turn it on and be exactly back where you were). Haven't tested it but perhaps making sure to completely exit the game and relaunching before playing is a good idea.
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 23:02
    b30118218 said:So this is weird, I too went back through the prologue twice to try to pick up the sync achievement I missed as well as poor miss and they didn't pop for me either, however on my 3rd run of the prologue i then went to Amandas store before exiting and the achievements popped up that I was owed as soon as her screen loaded. Try that guys see if it works for youI was coming back just to say that. Gave it one more shot, thought it might have something to do with switching control schemes, but everything started popping the third time around.

Interesting to note, I'm on the preview Xbox program as well as EvilTrovis. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but worth noting.
    ABOYNE - vb: To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.
  • FakeRinginFakeRingin80,412
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 05:12
    b30118218 said:Interesting to note, I'm on the preview Xbox program as well as EvilTrovis. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but worth noting.So am I. On Metro 2033 I also have a achievement that shows 100% progression but hasn't unlocked. So it may be an Xbox issue rather than the game.
  • Clad masterClad master3,880,006
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 16:11, Edited on 20 September 14 at 16:12 by Clad master
    Same for me...Once i finished the game,none of the cheevos unlocked for me and that's the same thing for progress.Very bad...

Edit: And i've not the beta.Looks that's the same for all players
  • Clad masterClad master3,880,006
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 16:30
    Okay,i've quitted the game and disconnected and reco my profile and that's good.But but I have to redo everything from the bug :-/
  • b30118218b301182183,538,946
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 22:27
    ok update from me on this, i have now finished the story and all my achievements have become locked and i cant do anymore progression to them, as anybody figured out a way to get them to work again without deleting your save and starting fresh?
  • ericinlondonericinlondon268,036
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 23:07
    Same here, achievements stopped unlocking during episode 2 for me.
    The only way to unlock them for me is to do something related to the achievement on the game again (replaying a sidequest unlock the play all sidequests achievement for that character etc). But then I replayed the prologue and had no miss/poor and synch above 75% but didn't unlock those achievements.

Both times achievements stopped unlocking after my xbox was quickly disconnected and reconnected to the internet.
  • BachlottBachlott861,277
    Posted on 21 September 14 at 03:21
    I've found out if you exit the game and tell it to quit. Then restart the game it will let you collect achievements again. Some of the achievements will pop once you get the requirements for the next higher one (collectibles) but a lot of them you have to just do over again. This really seems like more of a game issue and not an xbox issue.
  • SakoriSakori596,255
    Posted on 21 September 14 at 13:36
    I also got this reply from someone else having the issue. Going to give it a go later.
  • peeveenpeeveen792,850
    Posted on 21 September 14 at 23:37
    Same problem here. Someone on another site says that you should never play more than one chapter without quitting the game entirely and reloading it. Haven't tested that theory yet.
  • yKAUAN LTyKAUAN LT187,178
    Posted on 22 September 14 at 01:01
    skyrym one with the shadows dont pop up for me
  • Posted on 25 September 14 at 06:54
    How are these glitchy achievements STILL a mystery after 21 people have finished?
    Posted on 25 September 14 at 14:34
    angry often said:How are these glitchy achievements STILL a mystery after 21 people have finished?A variety of reasons. Some may not want to help, or they don't look at the forums, or once they're done, it's deleted and they move on. I'm guilty of the last one for so many other games.

Still, peeveen is right. The only way I've found that's foolproof is to exit out completely and reboot the game after each episode. If you had the achievement app snapped, close that first. Good way to check if you're making progress is to snap the achievement app, move Nothing Escapes My Gaze to the top, then activate vision. You should see a lighter colored bar emerge out of it. If you don't, dashboard, quit the achievement app, then the game, then try again.
  • Posted on 01 October 14 at 17:28
    I cannot confirm this, but I have a suspicion that switching from controller to kinect mid-chapter might be derailing people. For instance, I'd be playing and earning achievements with the controller. Then, the Kinect would sense me or someone else in the room and then switch controls to Kinect. I'd have to stand up and raise my hand to take control, then reset the controls to controller based play. I have a feeling that this may register you as a "new player" and deactivate achievements. This situation coincided with 2 different missed cheevos. First was accidental kinect activation. Second was intentional (trying for an action scene with kinect controls after switching from controller based play). It might just be a coincidence, but other kinect games have a similar functionality. You can be signed in but a "guest" can stand up and start playing. It doesn't sign you out, necessarily, but you aren't earning cheevos on that signed in profile because a guest is playing. If D4 thinks you become a guest, it may appear as though you're still signed in but you're actually playing as a guest. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  • Milki TeaMilki Tea309,176
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 22:59
    I think your correct about kinect being part of the mystery. I finished game, reloaded prologue to try and get 75% synch cheevo, and my girlfriend did the action sequence using gestures, no achievement popped. Could be because she was a guest and it didnt give me the achievement...
  • Milki TeaMilki Tea309,176
    Posted on 03 October 14 at 13:20
    It seems that my kinect was signing me in as 'guest' whenever i started using gestures in game. Had to calibrate it to recognise me and achievements started rolling in again. Ive recently grew a beard so it figures how kinect recognised me as a different person to who it once knew haha kinect is hilarious, poor thing didnt know who i was!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads