Game Discussion: World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)

New Tier X achievement

• Posted on 19 September 14 at 22:42
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry about the new 'reach Tier X' achievement. If it was there when I started the game then I would have it by now, but I've spread my battles & XP over too many different tanks (enjoying the game and hoping Tier X wouldn't be required).

I doubt I'll complete the game now as I'm finding higher tier battles a bit boring.

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)AbsoluteThe Absolute achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 224 pointsResearch a tier X tank.
  • kingrich06kingrich062,272,254
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 00:19
    It's not that bad of a grind, pick a tank which makes you easy xp and silver and go up that tree till Tier X. I would suggest a TD from either the German or USA tech lines since those lines seem to be the easiest to grind due to the power of the gun most of the TDs have.

Use one of your other tanks in your garage which you are good at or enjoy playing as a gold xp maker for your grind to your main grinding Tier X tank.

Back in February I assumed wargaming would eventually release cheevos attaining Tier X since most games do release cheevo requirements of attaining the highest possible level of its units, so I did grind out to my Jpanzer E100. Now that tank is basically gathering dust in the garage due to its ammo cost and repairs after a Tier X battle.

Don't give up, I just looked at your stats and you do have the T29 and the GW panther. You can try and get 2 cheevos in one, by actually levelling your arty to Tier X and getting the killing 2 tanks with 1 shell cheevo. That GWE100 arty packs a punch!!
  • Posted on 20 September 14 at 08:39, Edited on 20 September 14 at 08:40 by Geordie Scout
    Thanks for the encouragement. I had considered the German Arty as my best approach to tier X so will give it a go. I sold the T29 as I didn't like having to play hull-down against tier 8 and 9 all the time. I hardly ever got into matches where I was top tier with it.

I'll check out the 1st German TD line as I enjoyed them up to tier V but read the Tier VI was terrible (so stopped that line). If I hadn't tried out so many tanks it would have been easier.
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 17:16
    read the last comment on this thread:
    World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)AbsoluteThe Absolute achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 224 pointsResearch a tier X tank.
    , too much to cut and paste into here.

I do not play heavies often, and have not even went up the USA Heavy line so this info is from the net and others ingame.
    as for the T29, that is a solid Tier VII tank, not much pens you in your tier. The T32 is an upgraded T29 and plays the same way. The M103 is what you should work for and use, you can dominate with that tank if you learn how to use it and it make the grind to tier X easier with a strong tank.
  • Posted on 20 September 14 at 19:24
    Yeah I've read the same stuff about the T29 so that was why I went for it. Trouble is that I always end up against higher tier opponents not other 7's or lower. The gun is painfully slow compared to other heavies so I don't fancy more of it.

I'm going with the German Arty line as I'm doing quite well as long as the rest of the team don't roll over quickly. Cheers.
  • Posted on 20 September 14 at 21:25
    Yeah as King Rich said stick with the German arty as you need Bombardier anyway.

As I said before when you use XP to buy certain upgrades or guns it makes them free to research on other tanks. I researched the big gun package for my Tier 9 arty for 0XP because I'd already acquired it for the Tier 8. I'm now just working towards unlocking the Tier X.

Basically at first the XP requirements seem harsh but as you unlock things, other things reduce in cost so it gets easier.

I was working towards Tier X anyway as I always suspected this achievement would come around. I'd probably already be there but I seriously needed a break from the game laugh

On the plus side, anyone can get this achievement as it's just a grind so I'm okay with it. I'll also try to hunt for light tanks from now on in an effort to combine that achievement.

As you say though, the game has forced you to go off in several directions. The Soviet heavies really took away a lot of the Silver I had and now I'm trying to earn some more to buy those Shermans from the American line after having just forked out 3.6million silver for the Tier 9 arty and a further 360,000 silver for the big gun!!!

The way I have been working is that anything I buy, I get it to Elite status before selling it as I have been trying to unlock as much as possible. The only mistake I made was selling my Tier VII British before I'd really even used it and I've never had the silver to re-buy it to finish it.

As you commented earlier, this game and many other free games are geared towards paying to fast track your way through. With achievements like Bombardier and one or two others you may as well just go it the hard way and hope you pick up the luck based ones on the way.

Chin up man, as said above you're a good way through the game, the ratios are pretty good, the amount of completionists will be low and it will make you feel good when you get there. Rich has earned many medals over and over and I have two Bombardiers and two Pascuccis under my belt which I never thought I'd get. Keep those tracks rolling buddy!!!!
    http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=2772&findgamerid=86026
  • Posted on 20 September 14 at 21:29
    Oh and another thing that I've been doing for a while is to just have a basic FREE crew because I can do amazing or badly for match after match and my tank will reach Elite before my crew even start getting the XP bar filled then it's time to fork out to put them in another tank.

I use free crews for tanks I am just blitzing and pay to transfer the highly trained crews to my serious tanks such as artillery. Far cheaper way of doing things smile
    http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=2772&findgamerid=86026
    Posted on 20 September 14 at 21:49
    Seems like some players on TA do not like my hints and tips lol, I seem to always get negative feedback on the tips. You cannot get any simplier with those tips. i am guessing the ones giving the negative feedback are ones with less than 500 games played and have no clue how to play WOT.
  • Posted on 21 September 14 at 11:20
    Yeah you're probably about right with the negative feedback being from people that just want a quick & easy way to do everything.

I've rarely had much trouble with getting the silver together (but I do have some premium tanks) it's the XP that's my issue. I wish the game was retail, not F2P, and the XP was always awarded at premium rate. I'm still enjoying it so will keep plugging away for a while yet. Cheers!
  • Posted on 21 September 14 at 15:53
    I have up-voted your solutions but there are plenty who will down-vote. I see neg votes as people who are admitting that they're crap at the game and looking for someone else to blame. I think TA should show who votes for solutions and we'd probably see the same spiteful, pathetic little group of losers neg-voting everyone laugh
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 14:53
    DID this cheevo pop for anyone who already had a tier X in their garage? Or do we have to redo another tech line?
  • ChaosAlertChaosAlert1,549,853
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 15:15
    kingrich06 said:DID this cheevo pop for anyone who already had a tier X in their garage? Or do we have to redo another tech line?Others at the WoT forums are reporting this is not unlocking if you had already researched prior to the update. They'll be looking into it, and hopefully a small hotfix should allow everyone to get it without needing to go down another tech tree.
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 16:23
    ChaosAlert said:kingrich06 said:DID this cheevo pop for anyone who already had a tier X in their garage? Or do we have to redo another tech line?Others at the WoT forums are reporting this is not unlocking if you had already researched prior to the update. They'll be looking into it, and hopefully a small hotfix should allow everyone to get it without needing to go down another tech tree.That's a pretty bad oversight by the Dev's. I hope they get it sorted quickly for all you guys that have already put the effort in.

I've had a change of heart after I had a moan in my opening post and I'll be going for the Tier X German Arty after I eventually got 'Bombardier' (a day after the OP). It has come just at the right time to keep me going!
    Posted on 23 September 14 at 17:18
    The cheevo should pop if you do research it. I think the retroactive part is not working
  • Posted on 23 September 14 at 23:38
    I hate this game wave
  • CubivoreCubivore528,693
    Posted on 24 September 14 at 07:48
    TurboBadger0078 said:I've had a change of heart after I had a moan in my opening post and I'll be going for the Tier X German Arty after I eventually got 'Bombardier' (a day after the OP). It has come just at the right time to keep me going!Good luck with that. Artillery has a larger amount of XP to grind between tiers, and you also earn less XP per battle, so grinding to a tier 10 artillery is literally the slowest way to get this achievement.
  • Posted on 24 September 14 at 09:54, Edited on 24 September 14 at 10:32 by Geordie Scout
    Cubivore said:TurboBadger0078 said:I've had a change of heart after I had a moan in my opening post and I'll be going for the Tier X German Arty after I eventually got 'Bombardier' (a day after the OP). It has come just at the right time to keep me going!Good luck with that. Artillery has a larger amount of XP to grind between tiers, and you also earn less XP per battle, so grinding to a tier 10 artillery is literally the slowest way to get this achievement.I'm already at Tier VIII with the GW Tiger P (my highest) so I may as well continue. I've got the Tier VII Tiger I heavy, so I'll work on that as plan B.
  • Posted on 24 September 14 at 10:08
    I've got about 200,000XP to go for Tier X arty so sticking with it too. It is true that the silver and XP rewards for arty are too low and could do with being boosted up.
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 17:49
    Cubivore said:TurboBadger0078 said:I've had a change of heart after I had a moan in my opening post and I'll be going for the Tier X German Arty after I eventually got 'Bombardier' (a day after the OP). It has come just at the right time to keep me going!Good luck with that. Artillery has a larger amount of XP to grind between tiers, and you also earn less XP per battle, so grinding to a tier 10 artillery is literally the slowest way to get this achievement.Yes you are definitely right it is a longer and more frustrating grind with the Artillery. I gave up on it about 40k short of unlocking the Tier IX GW Tiger as it was becoming a nightmare. I'm having much more fun using the German heavies and TD's instead to go for it.
  • Posted on 18 November 14 at 08:51
    That Tier IX GW Tiger was a pleasure to use in my Tier X quest. The couple of hundred thousand XP needed flew by as I smashed the enemy in this wonderful machine.

I hope there are new achievements in future that force me to actually buy the Tier X arty so I can test it out as I simply didn't have quite enough silver to buy it without selling some other stuff first.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads