Community News

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Extra Life 2014 Update

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,222
  • CraphexCraphex744,197
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 10:53
    Me and my friends already made a little team together, can you join multiple teams on the site? :D
    Craphex
  • ChknFingrsChknFingrs1,227,690
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 11:02
    This is right where my mid-term exams are, so I'll have to see about doing it another time.
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 11:15
    Just joined up! Can't wait to stream Destiny for 25 hours and get some money for the kiddos! headspin
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,949,124
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 12:23
    Craphex said:Me and my friends already made a little team together, can you join multiple teams on the site? :DYou can't be on more than one team, but you and your friends are welcome to join Team TrueAchievements.

If you want to join or change which team you are on after you have registered, just log into your Extra Life account and select "Change Team Membership" on the right-hand side of our player toolbar. You will then have the choice to switch to an exisiting team or create a new one of your own!
    Yes, I know I am.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,655,132
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 12:29
    Already started doing the odd stream, nothing raised yet unfortunately but I am looking forward to doing the 24 hour stream, luckily thats the day after I start half-term at college laugh
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,949,124
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 12:38
    I've found the best way to raise money is through social media - Facebook, Twitter, etc, and posting your fundraising link on your status. It takes a little work to get donations, but hey, you get to play games for 24 hours after, and it helps sick kids, so it is worth it!
    Yes, I know I am.
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 12:42
    imaidiot19 said:I've found the best way to raise money is through social media - Facebook, Twitter, etc, and posting your fundraising link on your status. It takes a little work to get donations, but hey, you get to play games for 24 hours after, and it helps sick kids, so it is worth it!Would work but most of my friends have next to no money or just don't listen, ah a portion of the youth. But it is worth it, I might want to get a few more games ready for the stream and work out what I'm gonna play during it soon laugh
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 13:21
    This year has been so tough to raise money but hopefully it all comes together near the end. I'm planning to film the entire 25 hours of both my self and my gameplay and mashing it all together in a quick video. Should be cool.
    Heroes never die.
  • Chad and JessieChad and Jessie1,707,310
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 13:31
    CanadianWhizKid said:This is right where my mid-term exams are, so I'll have to see about doing it another time.This is one of the things I love about extra-life, they have a contingency plan for those that can't participate on Oct 25th. While it's really fun to go for the 24 hours during the same time period everyone else is doing it, Extra-Life is aware that sometimes this doesn't work for everyone because of prior commitments and allow people to pick the times and dates that work for you. If you can't get 24 hours in a row in, no worries. Get as much as you can done and 'make up' the rest when you can. The point is to make a commitment, raise awareness and money for kids in hospitals, and then follow through with your commitment. Extra Life keeps the when and how very open, thankfully.

Reborn Insanity said:Just joined up! Can't wait to stream Destiny for 25 hours and get some money for the kiddos! headspinNICE!!!

imaidiot19 said:I've found the best way to raise money is through social media - Facebook, Twitter, etc, and posting your fundraising link on your status. It takes a little work to get donations, but hey, you get to play games for 24 hours after, and it helps sick kids, so it is worth it!Fabulous advice. Thank you!!! toast
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,498
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 15:17
    Still have the contest running for registered peeps tonwin Destiny for Xbox One or a 25$ gift card for either PlayStation or Xbox. READ MY BLOG peeps smile
    TA Walkthrough & Game Info Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 15:56
    Reborn Insanity said:Just joined up! Can't wait to stream Destiny for 25 hours and get some money for the kiddos! headspinDestiny for 25 hours would be quite a feat. That would be almost as grindy as Desert Bus ;)
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 17:00
    The Saturday before my birthday... shame it's always bad timing for me. cry
    Banana Big Boys
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 20:25
    Chakaal Starr said:Destiny for 25 hours would be quite a feat. That would be almost as grindy as Desert Bus ;)I've already pulled so many 24 hour days doing raids and strikes... Not a healthy life choice at all. laugh
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • Posted on 02 October 14 at 20:31
    I doubt I will be able to raise any funds since I am now broke most of my friends are broke and the ones willing to donate money to good causes probably wouldn't listen since video games are attached to it. I do however want to make myself available to anyone who needs somebody to game with if I have the game I will love to help boost or whatever feel free to add me.
    Posted on 02 October 14 at 21:00
    ChiT0wnRedneck said:I doubt I will be able to raise any funds since I am now broke most of my friends are broke and the ones willing to donate money to good causes probably wouldn't listen since video games are attached to it. I do however want to make myself available to anyone who needs somebody to game with if I have the game I will love to help boost or whatever feel free to add me.Doesnt have to be friends that donate, if you are able to stream on twitch and you have quite a few viewers in the stream just post the link and ask if anyone will donate, in time a few people will donate, unfortunately even with over 1000 people in total last night watching my stream at any point I didnt manage one donation cry
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety2,128,951
    Posted on 03 October 14 at 00:19
    I'm going to see what I can do as far as participating goes.
    I call this my fortress of being alone by myself!
  • Witch AileenWitch Aileen256,416
    Posted on 03 October 14 at 04:03
    Received over $200 in donations and my free tshirt is on the way for more advertising for this year and next years event! Also, I saw someone at work had posted flyers with extra life information on them and the peel off tabs to donate to his page. I wish I had thought of the idea and he received a fair bit of donations because of it. Keep working at it people! We are 1/3rd of the way to our goal!
  • Vermin360Vermin360658,960
    Posted on 03 October 14 at 20:13
    I am sad to be missing out on Extra Life this year. Unfortunately I will be somewhere in India at the time, without access to my gaming devices. The things we do for work. Sigh.
    We don't stop playing because we get old; we grow old because we stop playing.
  • Beth BearBeth Bear1,814,441
    Posted on 03 October 14 at 22:01
    I just redeemed the code for my extra life tshirt its odd.. seems they DON'T ship to the UK so I have had to ask an American friend If I can have it sent to his so he can send it here :P
    But yes I love raising money to help this epic charity $322 so far and counting also overall as a team (The E L Gamers) we have raised over $500. Thanks to my team mates for the support and thanks to everyone who have donated to me so far. I love you all! Lets crank it up since we only have around 3 weeks left... :P I wan't to raise as much as possible for this cause! Also well done to everyone who has commented on the money you have raised. Nice work

Beth
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads