Game Discussion: Warframe

Dark Sectors Achievement Help

• hunterIVhunterIV408,460
    Posted on 18 October 14 at 14:33
    I need help with this Dark Sectors achievement. No matter if I get a mission complete or mission succeed, I get no progress for this achievement. I am stuck at 60%. I am doing both sides of a CONFLICT mission and getting no progress. I am also not doing anything different than when I earned my first 3 out of the 5. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 01:50
    I'm having the same problem. Stuck at 40%
  • Mister BudsMister Buds1,664,233
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 03:49
    I don't understand what the achievement description means at all. I created a clan and have done more than five missions. Do I just have to take over a Dark Sector now?
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 04:01
    You need to find a dark sector Conflict on the map and play for either side. Don't need to be in a clan at all. You are basically assisting other clans in taking over a sector
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 12:56
    WudYa1ookAtThat said:You need to find a dark sector Conflict on the map and play for either side. Don't need to be in a clan at all. You are basically assisting other clans in taking over a sectorAh, thanks. I was way off. Will give that a try today.
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 13:05
    Mister Buds said:WudYa1ookAtThat said:You need to find a dark sector Conflict on the map and play for either side. Don't need to be in a clan at all. You are basically assisting other clans in taking over a sectorAh, thanks. I was way off. Will give that a try today.Let me know how it goes... I've done like 8 and I'm stuck at 40% still.
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 15:21
    WudYa1ookAtThat said:Mister Buds said:WudYa1ookAtThat said:You need to find a dark sector Conflict on the map and play for either side. Don't need to be in a clan at all. You are basically assisting other clans in taking over a sectorAh, thanks. I was way off. Will give that a try today.Let me know how it goes... I've done like 8 and I'm stuck at 40% still.I just fought in a Dark Sector Conflict have no clue what you're supposed to do in there. Me and this other guy were in there for 90 minutes killing the attackers over and over. Literally hundreds of kills between us, yet the "Attackers Left" was stuck at 17/20. After 90 minutes we were disconnected.

The lack of explanation of everything in this game is extremely frustrating.
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 16:59
    Yah it's very frustrating. The defenders need to get that number down to 0, but it only goes down for an actual person playing. The regular enemies don't count. I always play for the offense. They have to destroy the core by activating the terminals and exposing it and shooting it. The defenders have to stop this. But if the attackers are just as confused, it we could go on forever especially if there is only one or two attackers. Hope this helps.
  • HybridchldHybridchld1,169,472
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 19:35
    Yeah never play for the defenders if you want this!

The whole system is kinda broken and stacked very much in favour of attack.
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 20:56
    WudYa1ookAtThat said:You need to find a dark sector Conflict on the map and play for either side. Don't need to be in a clan at all. You are basically assisting other clans in taking over a sectorI've been doing that for like 15 matches. My progress stopped at 60% since the patch.
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 21:01
    Hunter XBA said:WudYa1ookAtThat said:You need to find a dark sector Conflict on the map and play for either side. Don't need to be in a clan at all. You are basically assisting other clans in taking over a sectorI've been doing that for like 15 matches. My progress stopped at 60% since the patch.Same i am stuck at 40%. Did you do them from beginning to end? Or join in the middle?
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 21:46
    A mix. And a mix of attacking and defending. And for different conflicts. I've tried everything I can think of.
    Posted on 21 October 14 at 17:03
    I've won once as attacker and once as defender in Dark Sector Conflict now and my progress is still 0%. Have you guys figured this out yet? It seems to me that this achievement and the Mercenary achievement are broken as I can't get progress for either.
  • Posted on 21 October 14 at 17:06
    No luck. Couldn't find any dark sectors conflicts yesterday. Mercenary you can do anything with battle pay. Like invasions. You just have to wait until the invasion ends and it will be deposited. The dark sectors work too.
  • misfit119misfit1191,175,071
    Posted on 21 October 14 at 22:33
    If the clans offer battle pay for helping - which seemingly 90% of the time they don't. Getting pretty sick of it which is why I tend to troll everyone involved, swapping sides and acting like a complete jerkass to anyone who does participate. Screw those clans / alliances. Same jagoffs that try selling a Mag Prime helmet for 30 plat. ugh.

As far as the achievements go I would suggest simply doing invasions to get your battle pay achievement, remember that you have to GET the money from the invasion finishing for it to count though. As far as the Dark Sector one it may be that they fixed the achievement with the Gate Crash update so that you have to do five missions for one side and then wait until they win. It might not even show properly in the achievement progress if they fixed the achievement but didn't update the counter to tick properly.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
    Posted on 22 October 14 at 00:28
    Misfit119, I've completed five for one side and had the clan win. No progress.
  • misfit119misfit1191,175,071
    Posted on 22 October 14 at 04:58
    Well then my idea is a bust. I'd just assume its busted for you then and post to DE over twitter / their forums. Let them know about the issue.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
    Posted on 22 October 14 at 13:31
    I see WudYa1ookAtThat has managed to unlock it but hasn't been back to tell us how. I've won six matches in Dark Sector Conflict and I'm still at 0%. Will try again today I guess.
  • Posted on 22 October 14 at 16:03
    I unlocked it last night. I was stuck at 40% after like 8 runs and did three more last night and it popped. Only thing I could think is to make sure you are in the game from the beginning (get dropped in by the ship). And I noticed there were a lot more tenno in the game. So maybe the match has to be more than just doing it solo.

Also it popped right after the third. The conflict did not end before the achievement unlocked.

I would just keep trying on the offense until it unlocks. Seems buggy to me.
    Posted on 22 October 14 at 19:32
    Okay, I will give it a try. My problem is I always find empty games. :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads