Game Info Submission Archive: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

• Information
    Posted on 19 October 14 at 22:30
    Kennyannydenny has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One):

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Kennyannydenny for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One)

Kennyannydenny said:All achievements can be obtained in singleplayer, and all but one offline. The only online achievement is Repaid in Blood since Vendetta's are missions where you revenge other players (randoms/friends).

"And it Burns, Burns, Burns", "The Maker's Bow", "Iron of Death", "The Last Shadow", "A New Master", "Fire of Justice" all require the player to buy a certain skill before it can be obtained, which can be unlocked with earning xp and leveling up.

"Strike True", "Paid in Blood", "The Cold Light" require the player to buy rune slots for their weapons.

"Crowned with Living Light", "Paths of the Dead", "Bearer of the Shining Lamp", "Shadows of the Ancient Past", "Memories of Eregion" require the player to find collectibles.

"Fly you fools!", "And it Burns, Burns, Burns", "Jaws of Death", "Unleashed" require the player to repeatedly performing the same, single action over time.

Lord and Master doesn't get cumulative since it requires the player to dominate 5 warchiefs in the same area, and so its not just any 5 warchiefs. It cannot be a combination of both as far as i know. Same with the challenges achievements, all challenges are different and these cannot be counted as cumulative.

"To Rule them All", "The Bright Master", "You Will Obey", "Gorthaur the Cruel", "Beyond Hope", "Ratbag the Great and Powerful", "The White Wizard", "The Hand is Severed", "For My Brother", "The Tower Crumbles", "The Hammer Falls" are all achievements unlocked by playing the main missions.

As a note: None of the achievements are missable. All can be obtained even after the credits rolled.
  • Posted on 19 October 14 at 22:36
    Ow and "The Spirit of Mordor" is buggy+ since it also unlocks when you let your Warchief attack a Captain, instead of an other Warchief. As derived from the achievement description, it should only unlock when attacking a warchief with your warchief.

And "Power Vacuum" and "The White Rider" are time sensitive since one of them has a time stamp of 180 seconds and for the other: If you wait to long, other Captains will take the dead Warchief's place. So this must also be done within a certain, not yet defined, time-limit.

I also see the challenges beneath them. I couldn't submit any info for that. I don't know if it should be that way or not...
  • Mike MarcelaisMike Marcelais1,257,825
    Posted on 21 October 14 at 18:11
    Thanks for the high quality submission.

We don't flag Challenges (which is why there was no form for you to enter flags for them) due to the short-lived nature of them.

Also, all XBox One games are being flagged as Online-only because achievements that you earn offline don't actually register until you go back online again.

The rest of your flags have been applied. Thanks. toast
    - Mike
  • Posted on 21 October 14 at 19:29
    No problem! Ow and thats good to know, i'll submit them as online only in the future.
  • Posted on 21 October 14 at 19:36
    One thing, i see you flagged
    Middle-earth: Shadow of MordorLord and MasterThe Lord and Master achievement in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor worth 13 pointsBrand all 5 Warchiefs.
    as level but this is wrong. I cannot find anything where i suggested it, so i guess you made a mistake. No problem off course, but the achievement shouldn't get that flag since it can be done without leveling up since the skill required is unlocked by playing main missions.
    Posted on 21 October 14 at 20:31
    Clarified via PM. I added level because the ability to brand was marked level on "A New Master" but that only applies to branding in combat, which is not required here.

The level flag has been removed. Thanks for the clarification. toast
    - Mike
  • Information
    Posted on 22 October 14 at 06:14
    Epsilon Theta has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One):

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Epsilon Theta for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One)

Epsilon Theta said:There is no Shop in this game. There are two types of "currency". The first is skill points which you unlock with experience, quite like levelling up. The second is Miriam which you gain by finding collectables and finishing missions. The only other way to get Miriam is to destroy runes. As it is very limited, it is not to be seen as freely available currency that you will rack up endlessly once you acquired every upgrade.
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,043,027
    Posted on 22 October 14 at 06:21
    A few clarifications: Brand is an ability acquired during regular story progression. It is indeed only combat branding that must be bought and, hence, requires Level. Power Vacuum in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) is not Time Sensitive. While the original comment is correct, you only have a limited time to get the achievement after you have completed the set-up required, there is no predetermined time frame. Let me explain a bit.

If you kill a captain another Orc or Uruk will try to advance his position and take the now vacant spot. This takes some time. However, how much depends on what you do in-game. If you happen to die, time will advance almost instantly and most positions will be filled without you having a chance to get the achievement. But even if you don't die, you could have to travel to far so that some position might already have been filled again. In essence this achievement boils down to not slacking or dying once you completed the set-up.

Therefore, as there is no specific time limit, I petition to remove the flag.
  • Posted on 22 October 14 at 07:01
    But that means its time sensitive, right? If you wait to long or die, a captain can take the place of a warchief. So, over time uruk-hai will take the warchiefs place. Thus it must be done before that, and such within a certain time determined by your actions.
    Posted on 22 October 14 at 13:52
    No. While you are right that you have to do it within a certain time, there is no fixed time limit. When the spot will be taken depends on what you do: fast travel, missions, fights, deaths, etc... Hence, there is no fixed or concrete time limit which is what this flag pertains to. In essence, while it could take up to an hour (making this up) it could also take 5 minutes (if you die) or 15 minutes if a power struggle was resolved which triggers new captains being assigned.

TL;DR: While there is a timed component, there is no fixed time frame.
  • Posted on 22 October 14 at 14:41
    Ah, i didn't know a fixed time frame is needed for the flag. Thats why i didn't understand you. Thanks for the clarification.
    Posted on 25 October 14 at 03:31
    Time Sensitive has been removed. This does require a fixed time limit (even if that time limit is not directly displayed in-game).
    - Mike
    Posted on 25 October 14 at 03:43
    Epsilon Theta said:The second is Miriam which you gain by finding collectables and finishing missions. The only other way to get Miriam is to destroy runes. As it is very limited, it is not to be seen as freely available currency that you will rack up endlessly once you acquired every upgrade.The achievements which require skill points should already be marked as 'Level' instead of 'Shop'. There is no requirement that currency be "freely available" or in "unlimited supply" -- there are other games where the total amount of currency available in the game is limited. We feel that Shop is correct for items that cost Miriam.

Thanks for your input.
    - Mike
    Posted on 25 October 14 at 09:51
    There is no shop. You spent money in the same upgrade menu you spent abilities. Miriam is for passive upgrades like health and focus while ability points unlock active abilities. Both unlock the same way, only the amount you ned to spend changes and the name of the resource. Therefore, they should both be flagged equally.
  • Information
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 15:35
    Epsilon Theta has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for https://www.trueachievements.com/Middle-earth-Shadow-of....htm:

Epsilon Theta said:
    Middle-earth: Shadow of MordorLord and MasterThe Lord and Master achievement in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor worth 13 pointsBrand all 5 Warchiefs.

Add Main Storyline. You are required to do this to advance the story. A parallel mission (Beyond Hope) which is undertaken at more or less the same time has the same ratio. Also, later MS achievements have higher ratio.

Posted on 19 November 14 at 05:38, Edited on 19 November 14 at 05:42 by Mike Marcelais
    Updated. Thanks.
    - Mike
    Posted on 19 November 14 at 11:09
    No, thank you! Could you please also address the issue I mentioned before this submission? As in, there is no shop.
  • Information
    Posted on 22 January 15 at 04:18
    BreakingBear101 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Lord of the Hunt in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by BreakingBear101 for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

BreakingBear101 said:-Everything is Online Required since this is an XB1 game.

-"The Hunt is my Mistress" is time sensitive because one of the objectives needs you to complete it in under 40 minutes.

*Any corrections on anything I may have done incorrectly would be great.

Posted on 22 January 15 at 11:13
    Why would Hot Flashes in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor be Missable? You can bait Matrons just fine even after completing the story. I assume the restriction only relates to you having to do it while playing the DLC (because this would be doable in the regular game as well while other actions for the DLC achievements require abilities you don't have in the regular game and depend solely on the DLC).
  • Posted on 22 January 15 at 12:10, Edited on 22 January 15 at 12:16 by BearlyComplete
    I am pretty sure that it needs to be during a Lord of the Hunt story mission, I don't think you can complete it in free roam.

The solution even says that the achievement is missable, so I would assume that it is missable. However, I can't confirm if it can be completed after the campaign or not.
    Reached 100,000g: August 15th,2014 Game: Contrast (Xbox One) Achievement: Not That Kind Of Game!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads