Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Halo: TMCC Day One Content Update Will Be 20GB

• pommer299pommer299348,100
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,043,027
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 07:34
    How about adding a second disc then? Seems like a bit of a stretch to make that the major reason for the update!
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,930,857
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 07:41
    Because everyone has fast internet, amirite?!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth. Don't forget the [popcorn].
  • ZavisticZavistic1,098,320
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 07:45
    I love what they done, not compressing the data just to fit on 1 disc but yeah, 20GB update is harsh on people with data caps...
  • XKingZ0mbieXXKingZ0mbieX1,818,875
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 07:46
    I have had this paid off forever can't wait to replay one of my favorite series of all time the achievements look brutal but it won't stop me
    xRoGuE GriMMx ------------------------------------------------------------------- I Will Beat Fatman2008 That is my Destiny
  • ZavisticZavistic1,098,320
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 07:54
    xRoGuE GriMMx said:I have had this paid off forever can't wait to replay one of my favorite series of all time the achievements look brutal but it won't stop meSame here, had the money in my savings for a while for this, just deciding between digital or disc
  • YaziteYazite494,175
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:02
    It will be worth it. Might just leave the game installing overnight when I get back from the launch.
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,043,027
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:04
    With two discs you could have easily avoided all downloads as the download is essentially one Blue-ray. It is not like there are people without fast internet. Additionally, it is a game's collection. What would be easier to separate onto two discs?
  • CraphexCraphex744,217
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:05
    So much for playing at midnight! Ah well, it can update while i'm at work.
    Gonna be a long day! D:
    Craphex
  • itz waz meitz waz me296,284
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:11, Edited on 20 October 14 at 08:33 by itz waz me
    this is why i want a 1TB XB1
    Comrade General-#28 in the World in Action sack, #1 in the world for sword kills and sword related medals in Action Sack. Halo Reach (HaloTracker.com)
  • ZNMSZNMS568,909
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:13
    So, the Halo: Master Chief Collection will have a 20GB day one update. That pretty much means it will take on average two days to download for most Australians.

I am not looking forward to this.
    #1 in the world for Laser kills in the Halo Reach - Anniversary BTB playlist (Halotracker.com)
  • paddycfc22paddycfc22780,406
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:17
    Looks like I will be staying at work house for an extra day since it has really fast internet then come back home lol But really cant wait for this the most excited I have been ever since halo 3 was released. Going to be a 24hr of straight playing :)
    Poon
  • BlueyZealBlueyZeal1,825,789
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:34
    ZNMS said:So, the Halo: Master Chief Collection will have a 20GB day one update. That pretty much means it will take on average two days to download for most Australians.

Im from NZ and it ill take me about less than half of the day. I got 10 Mbps internet speed.
  • Th3 MajicaTh3 Majica187,512
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:35
    Well, that's going to be my HDD full. Need to get a new one pronto!
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:40
    So is there anything else going on in this game besides a graphical upgrade to Halo 2 and packaging all of the Halos together? Because if that's all it is, it does not sound like it's worth the buy to me. I've already played every Halo on the 360, it doesn't sound worth the buy to get a crack at Halo 2.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,075,907
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:43
    I think I must be the only person who couldn't care less about this recycled old shite.
  • DhukkaGERDhukkaGER246,949
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:48
    I really love how they say, "they weren't about to cut corners to save disc space". This is just a lame excuse. I agree with the others who say they could have easily included 2 discs. The game will be installed completely anyway, so who cares whether it's 1 or 2 discs. I wouldn't mind the download time that much but it's a classic collection and I expect to be still able to play at least the SP in 10, 15 or 20 years. But like this it won't be possible.
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 08:54
    So its only 20 GB? Thats 25 gb smaller than Forza Motorsport 5. How is this possible?
  • EdweirddEdweirdd611,057
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 09:09
    Kennyannydenny said:So its only 20 GB? Thats 25 gb smaller than Forza Motorsport 5. How is this possible?It's a 20 GB UPDATE on day 1. The game disc is somewhere around 45 GB, so in total it's 65 GB.

Not sure why they couldn't just put this on 2 Blu-ray discs.
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 09:12
    MadMirror said:ZNMS said:So, the Halo: Master Chief Collection will have a 20GB day one update. That pretty much means it will take on average two days to download for most Australians.

Im from NZ and it ill take me about less than half of the day. I got 10 Mbps internet speed.
    I'm from Melbourne and have a 35+ Mbps internet speed, so i am not worried either. Still, won't be the fastest thing ever and a royal pain in the ass but for Halo ... i'll allow this.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads