Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Halo: TMCC Day One Content Update Will Be 20GB

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:14
    First of all its halo AGAIN we all played them 10+ years ago.2nd 20 gb patch is stupid you cant tell me that while yes its gone gold but they were going to do the patch way before it went gold it was hardly a last minute decision its purely based on cost and lazyness by the way 100gig blu discs cost 10 pounds the 50gig are £4.94 theyed rather give the consumer the problem of finishing there shitty work than making everyone happy..3rd you people saying get better BB need to stfu people can only get what they can you peeps on fibre are in the minority worldwide average speeds are 20 mbps plus its about location if we dont have fibre in our area what can we do im not going to move house for it if i could get it i would but u guys clearly dont know how internet works roll
    TA "just how good are you" not very is the answer for 99% of you boost everything seems pointless to be in to cheevs if thats the case.
  • russolini77russolini77484,498
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:18
    I have to wonder at how much the hundreds or thousands of people all downloading 20GB of patch from Microsoft all at roughly the same time will affect 1> MSFT servers 2> ISP - customer bandwidth 3> general internet bandwidth everywhere. Thank goodness we can still play while the patch downloads.
  • AckterAckter336,564
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:32
    The Outcast2 said:First of all its halo AGAIN we all played them 10+ years ago.2nd 20 gb patch is stupid you cant tell me that while yes its gone gold but they were going to do the patch way before it went gold it was hardly a last minute decision its purely based on cost and lazyness by the way 100gig blu discs cost 10 pounds the 50gig are £4.94 theyed rather give the consumer the problem of finishing there shitty work than making everyone happy..3rd you people saying get better BB need to stfu people can only get what they can you peeps on fibre are in the minority worldwide average speeds are 20 mbps plus its about location if we dont have fibre in our area what can we do im not going to move house for it if i could get it i would but u guys clearly dont know how internet works rollIt's not a patch. It's actually a part of the game content that they couldn't fit on the disc.

People seem to be having real trouble understanding this.
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro152,041
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,570,103
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:49
    Ackter said:This isn't a patch.

It's the rest of the game that they couldn't fit on to one disc and didn't consider inconveniencing their userbase enough of a deterrent to release it on two discs instead.
    The Xbox One does not currently support two-disc installs, and putting it on a triple-layer Blu-Ray disc would likely increase the cost for disc-buying consumers by $20 (because there is a big jump between the price of double-layer and triple-layer Blu-ray disc).
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:51
    xPut Name Herex said:Ackter said:This isn't a patch.

It's the rest of the game that they couldn't fit on to one disc and didn't consider inconveniencing their userbase enough of a deterrent to release it on two discs instead.
    The Xbox One does not currently support two-disc installs, and putting it on a triple-layer Blu-Ray disc would likely increase the cost for disc-buying consumers by $20 (because there is a big jump between the price of double-layer and triple-layer Blu-ray disc).
    So why is a digital download the same price? Lol cause people pay it?
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • blueracer442blueracer4421,078,382
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:51
    Awesome it's a good thing I don't take off it may take me a day or two to get this done
    Keep it Classy TA
  • LegohaulicLegohaulic44,571
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:51
    ..... and that's why TMCC is better off played as individual used games
    What's a signature?
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:53
    The Outcast2 said:First of all its halo AGAIN we all played them 10+ years ago.2nd 20 gb patch is stupid you cant tell me that while yes its gone gold but they were going to do the patch way before it went gold it was hardly a last minute decision its purely based on cost and lazyness by the way 100gig blu discs cost 10 pounds the 50gig are £4.94 theyed rather give the consumer the problem of finishing there shitty work than making everyone happy..3rd you people saying get better BB need to stfu people can only get what they can you peeps on fibre are in the minority worldwide average speeds are 20 mbps plus its about location if we dont have fibre in our area what can we do im not going to move house for it if i could get it i would but u guys clearly dont know how internet works rollApparently you were playing halo ten plus years ago when you should have been in English class learning to punctuate.
  • Brutaka5Brutaka5294,925
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 18:57
    If Microsoft wasn't lazy or even care about money, they could've clearly put the extra space on an extra blu-ray disc! This is just ridiculous. Now I'll have to spend two days installing 20gb. The Xbox One is tremendously slow at installing games, yet, I'm not sure why. I can install a 1gb game on the PC within 2-3 hours but the Xbox One takes 7-8 hours. Must be the read/write on the HDD for the Xbox One.
    Jonathan Jung
  • AckterAckter336,564
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 19:01

How many totally separate games which could easily be separated onto multiple discs are there in this again?
  • Brutaka5Brutaka5294,925
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 19:07

Obviously it does. Blu-Ray on wiki: "Conventional (pre-BD-XL) Blu-ray Discs contain 25 GB per layer, with dual layer discs (50 GB) being the industry standard for feature-length video discs. Triple layer discs (100 GB) and quadruple layers (128 GB) are available for BD-XL re-writer drives."

So anything above 25gb is clearly dual layer.
    Jonathan Jung
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,570,103
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 19:18
    Ackter said:xPut Name Herex said:Ackter said:This isn't a patch.

How many totally separate games which could easily be separated onto multiple discs are there in this again?
    In which case, you would have to switch discs when you wanted to switch from Halo 1 to 2, 2 to 4, etc., and you couldn't have the cross-game playlists, which is entirely against the design philosophy of the Collection. Brutaka5 said:xPut Name Herex said:Ackter said:This isn't a patch.

Obviously it does. Blu-Ray on wiki: "Conventional (pre-BD-XL) Blu-ray Discs contain 25 GB per layer, with dual layer discs (50 GB) being the industry standard for feature-length video discs. Triple layer discs (100 GB) and quadruple layers (128 GB) are available for BD-XL re-writer drives."

So anything above 25gb is clearly dual layer.
    I said two disc installs, not dual-layer installs. Dual-layer is still one disc.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 October 14 at 20:57
    I dont think people on a nuclear submarine will be impressed with this.
    They won a battle, then we came back & steamrolled them.
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 21:14
    ShimmeringCube said:I dont think people on a nuclear submarine will be impressed with this.How many gamers in the nuclear navy?
    Looking to boost any and all GFWL achievements I don't have! PM if interested.
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 21:23
    Ackter said:Yes, let's all stop complaining about a pretty major inconvenience that could easily have been avoided for a little extra cash.Not really an inconvenience for me. Judging by my average download speed on Xbox One, 20GB will take ~40 minutes. Enough time to do some campaign before I play multiplayer.
  • SpybreakerSpybreaker343,706
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 21:22
    Yeah wow, my cap will be over in one day, wtf! Retarded.
    Now you're dead.
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 21:39
    Lol four discs for four games.... Brilliant! Then all the cross game playlists for campaign and mp would be completely useless! Great idea pal
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,376
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 22:22
    Mobius Evalon said:So is there anything else going on in this game besides a graphical upgrade to Halo 2 and packaging all of the Halos together? Because if that's all it is, it does not sound like it's worth the buy to me. I've already played every Halo on the 360, it doesn't sound worth the buy to get a crack at Halo 2.I'm stuck in the same boat. I still have Halo 4 to do as is and really don't want to do them all over again just to play Halo 2 HD finally.

On the flip side, I've seen and know many greatly excited for this! Just not for me, methinks.
    Deep into that darkness peering.. Long I stood there.. wondering..fearing.. doubting..
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,357,206
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 22:25
    Senior Chupon said:ShimmeringCube said:I dont think people on a nuclear submarine will be impressed with this.How many gamers in the nuclear navy?You would be surprised. Shift work and months and months on patrol. You really don't think people on ships and subs are playing games?
    Look at me so I can finish!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads