Xbox Help

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

Xbox 360: Changing where the download goes, from xbox.com?

• OnzaOnza159,608
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 15:30
    My Xbox 360 recently died. I registered my new 360, but how do I direct downloads, from xbox.com, to the new console? Downloads I initiate from xbox.com are queued to the wrong (old) Xbox. I see no way to select a console before purchasing the item.

I suspect deleting the old xbox, at "Manage my devices" at xbox.com, would work, but since both 360s show in my account, I'd like to change where downloads go. I'm surprised I'm not presented with this option has part of the download.

There is a small chance I may try to repair the 360, hence my reluctance to delete it.

Thanks for the help.

Onza
    Two wrongs don't make a right... But three lefts do.
  • WarmedxMintsWarmedxMints1,256,023
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 16:27
    Usually, the downloads go to the console which is your primary licence holder.

Transfer your licences to your new console and they should be sent there. It's always worked for me.
    www.gtasc.net, GTASC 2014 TA Hub - http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2014.htm
  • OnzaOnza159,608
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 16:54
    Thank you. I never even thought of that. I will give it a try.
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,704
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 17:05
    From xbox.com:

Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

Yes, you can transfer content licenses from one Xbox 360 console to a different Xbox 360 console. However, you can only transfer a license once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:

On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
    Need to find your Microsoft account? See Find your Microsoft account email address.
    Can't remember the password for your Microsoft account? See You have forgotten your Microsoft account password.
    Go to settings and select Account.

picture

Under Your Billing Options, select License Transfer.
    Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.
    After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. For information about how to do this, see How to redownload previously downloaded or purchased content to your Xbox 360.

After you follow these steps, content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox Live.
    Seems like last time I did this, I was able to do so on xbox.com itself, but I cannot find the option there anymore. Hope this helps!
    Deep into that darkness peering.. Long I stood there.. wondering..fearing.. doubting..
  • Posted on 20 October 14 at 22:42
    Should be there, I did this a few months back after I got an Xbox 360 Model E.
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • OnzaOnza159,608
    Posted on 20 October 14 at 23:14
    I haven't tried yet, but I'll let you know how it goes.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads