Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Evil Corporations

• Posted on 26 October 14 at 13:41
    Power, profits and genocide - who takes the number one spot?

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: Evil Corporations
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 October 14 at 13:44, Edited on 26 October 14 at 13:44 by
    Metacritic are the most evil corporation.

Giving Hydro Thunder Hurricane a rating of only 75/100, that's appalling! angry
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • CherchiushCherchiush15,507
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 13:55
    Hyperion for sure.
    Like all Borderlands games a lot!
  • Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:09
    The "would you kindly" corporation in bioshock. Lol. I know, it's not one, be cool though. Umbrella deserves number one. Nice list
    Crowned
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,098
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:14
    Hyperion, Cerberus, and Abstergo all kinda had to make it onto this list laugh

I don't know Dead Rising well enough to have even heard of Phenotrans, and Umbrella Corporation is definitely deserving!
  • liviaroliviaro419,974
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:21, Edited on 26 October 14 at 14:22 by liviaro
    I was totally expecting to see Abstergo and Umbrella on that list when i was reading the headline :P
  • Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:24
    You know... I like the corporations from Syndicate and Abstergo. I'm not sure if that means I want them higher on the list or not honestly. And, personally, I don't think of Cerberus as a corporation. But it is a damn solid list.

That said, I've been watching a let's play of Alien Isolation and Seegson should have at least gotten an honourable mention. Hell Weylan-Yutani should always be number one (sorry Umbrella) even if most of their evil isn't shown in games. Sadly, we are limited to just the games and not their expanded lore. Ah well, maybe next time.
    Angels are the new UFOs, watch the skies!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:26
    Oddworld X said:Metacritic are the most evil corporation.

Giving Hydro Thunder Hurricane a rating of only 75/100, that's appalling! angry
    It deserves less....that game is crap.

OT: great list...agree with these picks.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:28
    I had the feeling Hyperion, Cerberus, and Umbrella would make the list, but completely forgot about Phenotrans.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:39, Edited on 26 October 14 at 14:42 by
    Lol Umbrella, I knew that Umbrella would be in this list.
    ¿Alguna gamer otaku que juegue conmigo? :'v
  • SiguardiusSiguardius1,938,992
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:39
    Cerberus is arguably the evil corporation. I've always wanted them to prevail. But maybe I'm just an evil person...
  • EnjojiEnjoji250,544
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:45
    Umbrella definitely deserved that number one spot!
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk1,240,104
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 14:57
    I was praying #1 was Umbrella.
  • xstevezxstevez456,951
  • Posted on 26 October 14 at 15:04, Edited on 30 October 14 at 07:04 by Crowned Legacy
    I think the DredgerCorp should've got a mention from Dead space. Loved that series.
    Also Ultor Corp in Red Faction
    Crowned
  • Posted on 26 October 14 at 15:10
    EA and NewsCorp! Oh you mean in games... Then EA and NewsCorp
  • matdanmatdan862,284
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 15:24
    Needs more Armacham Technology Corporation (ATC), considering that Alma could level a city with a nuclear size explosion. And that ATC were responsible for her existence and thus Point-Man and Fettel.

Ultor and various other mining corps plus the EDF: Red Faction and slightly Saints Row. These guys managed not to just get mining going on Mars but managed to enslave the miners relatively well until Parker showed up.

Aperture Science: Strange portal experimentation that involved an unstable GLADOS and human test subjects really fits the bill for evil corporation.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,098
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 15:28, Edited on 26 October 14 at 15:29 by Ahayzo
    Siguardius said:Cerberus is arguably the evil corporation. I've always wanted them to prevail. But maybe I'm just an evil person...A racist organization led by a man who
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Not so arguable laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 October 14 at 15:36
    Umbrella & Abstergo on the list, no surprise. Especially Umbrella, the T-virus can literally wipe out every life form if it leaks out. All organisms may become zombies, and that's the end of the world.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,098
    Posted on 26 October 14 at 15:56
    ImaginaryRuins said:Umbrella & Abstergo on the list, no surprise. Especially Umbrella, the T-virus can literally wipe out every life form if it leaks out. All organisms may become zombies, and that's the end of the world.Can? Did laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads