Game Discussion: Far Cry 4

Far Cry 4 installation ! Like really ?

• BadZBadZ862,635
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 07:42
    Hey players!

Yesterday got far cry 4 , insert a disc. And What I got.... 3 hours of installation ? Am I only one ? First 12 % came for an hour. Then I went to sleep. Everything worked fine in the morning .. but still that's not normal ....

21 century are you kidding me.))))
    Regards, Zepo XBL
  • Dilbert88Dilbert88312,631
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 08:02
    I got the far cry digital version, but it took longer than other games for some reason. took about 10 hours to download, but I pre-ordered it the day before it came out, so it ended up finishing like 10 minutes before it was playable anyways :)
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,456
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 10:28
    Every single game installs and sometimes live issues can cause this to take longer and I don't know why
    I speak for me, the site speaks for itself
  • BadZBadZ862,635
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 11:12
    Spilner said:Every single game installs and sometimes live issues can cause this to take longer and I don't know whyStrange why. Beacuse it was like reeeeally long! 26 GB and 3-5 hours.... Crazy,
    Regards, Zepo XBL
  • BadZBadZ862,635
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 11:15
    Dilbert88 said:I got the far cry digital version, but it took longer than other games for some reason. took about 10 hours to download, but I pre-ordered it the day before it came out, so it ended up finishing like 10 minutes before it was playable anyways :)Wow 10 hours, a lot of people downloaded it then ))) Just wondering new generation console.... )))
    Regards, Zepo XBL
  • HARDC0REWARRI0RHARDC0REWARRI0R1,196,486
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 13:27
    Hmzzzzz didn't experienced long install times yet, 26 GB is nothing......so maybe it's your connection itself????
    I am aware live isn't working as it should but the install times i keep hearing from people are not normal, my first thought is always.....must have crappy internet. (i know that's not always the case)
    I will buy Far Cry 4 today probably so let's see how long it takes for me.
  • BadZBadZ862,635
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 14:28
    HARDC0REWARRI0R said:Hmzzzzz didn't experienced long install times yet, 26 GB is nothing......so maybe it's your connection itself????
    I am aware live isn't working as it should but the install times i keep hearing from people are not normal, my first thought is always.....must have crappy internet. (i know that's not always the case)
    Let us know how long it took then! No connection is 60MB/s so it cant be issue. I think some LIVE issue maybe. maybe if you would install it offline it would be faster.

But let me know how it went for you ))
    Regards, Zepo XBL
  • Macfly77422Macfly77422243,551
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 15:16
    Personnaly it took 15 minutes to go from 0% to 70% where the game is playable. (did it yesterday, the day the game came out)
  • BiGPaPaRuBiGPaPaRu109,440
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 16:00
    it took me 20 min. If you have shitty internet, go to network and disconnect. Install game and reconnect once done. this will speed the process 10 fold. Make sure to disconnect prior to putting the disc in.

When I had bad internet(just upgraded 1 month ago) it would take 8 hrs for a game to install. Once I learned this method, took less then 1 hr. Thank god though cause now with my new internet speeds, nothing is over 20 min
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 16:02
    ZePo XBL said:HARDC0REWARRI0R said:Hmzzzzz didn't experienced long install times yet, 26 GB is nothing......so maybe it's your connection itself????
    Let us know how long it took then! No connection is 60MB/s so it cant be issue. I think some LIVE issue maybe. maybe if you would install it offline it would be faster.

But let me know how it went for you ))
    The internet speeds you have absolutely make a difference. A very very large one in fact. sorry for the double post
  • Dilbert88Dilbert88312,631
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 18:18
    My internet isn't the best, but it should not have taken me 10 hours or so to download far cry 4. I just bought tomb raider: definitive edition because it was on sale. it's 20.9 GB which is 6.2 GB smaller than far cry 4, but tomb raider downloaded in about 2 hours. idk what was going on with the far cry download.
  • BadZBadZ862,635
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 20:35
    My internet speed is 60 Mb/s ....
    Regards, Zepo XBL
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,456
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 20:36
    ZePo XBL said:My internet speed is 60 Mb/s ....Doesn't matter how fast you are if MS were having issues
    I speak for me, the site speaks for itself
  • Gizmo2kGizmo2k1,362,888
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 21:40
    If you disconnect the console from the internet if you're installing from disc, it goes a lot faster.
    I perform all my own stunts.
  • GMNGMN493,733
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 21:53
    Installed in around 20 minutes for me and that was including the update.
  • Posted on 20 November 14 at 22:45
    Installing- I'd say it took me 30 minutes to get to 2%...I was pissed...but I came back 15 min later and it was 100% done.
    Most of my downloads have been reasonably fast, but AC Unity took me 21 freakin hours....(That was on the day Halo came out though)
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 23:27
    It took 3 days to dload Need for speed after it was released via EA ACCESS when I had bad internet. Now i'm at 50 Mbps and everything installs and dloads very fast.
  • Posted on 21 November 14 at 05:34
    Maybe there is something else on your network soaking up all the bandwidth
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz649,331
    Posted on 21 November 14 at 10:15
    That info about disconnecting when installing is priceless. I have distributed the info to friends accordingly.

MS should release regular statements and helpful hints like this tbh which feature on xbox news websites....just thinking out loud.
    Posted on 21 November 14 at 16:08
    o BraveStaRr said:That info about disconnecting when installing is priceless. I have distributed the info to friends accordingly.

MS should release regular statements and helpful hints like this tbh which feature on xbox news websites....just thinking out loud.
    Yeah, It literally chopped my install time from 5-8 hrs to 45 min
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads