Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sunset Overdrive Offers Free 24-hour Trial

• Ace PhoenyxAce Phoenyx373,572
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 03:35
    Tasty Pastry said:An interesting selling idea. Hope this becomes the trend in the digital age. I'll be giving it a go I hope.The only problem is there are games that you can complete in 24 hours (and people will) and then never play again. TBH Sunset Overdrive is probably one of those that the average audience could finish in 8-12 hours and then say "I'm done" and never buy the full game. An interesting idea for sure but I think its more about MS trying to push the xbox one brand in general then worrying about selling sunset overdrive.

P.S. When I say average audience I mean people who don't try to get every achievement in a game and don't care as much about their gamerscore as people on this site usually do.
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 04:03
    Spilner said:UltraAmoeba said:I'm still playing the free trial and it's past 12. Did I break it?Beware you might not get the achievements you're expecting now, I had that with Forza 5.

It wont kick you out the game, but if you quit and try to load again you'll get an error
    So if someone who still is playing the free trial version of Overdrive were to keep their Xbox One Console powered on for the next 14 consecutive days, would that person still be able to play it?
    "WWE '13 is the greatest video game in the history of technology" - Jim Ross
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,456
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 04:06
    AchievementLuvr said:Spilner said:UltraAmoeba said:I'm still playing the free trial and it's past 12. Did I break it?Beware you might not get the achievements you're expecting now, I had that with Forza 5.

It wont kick you out the game, but if you quit and try to load again you'll get an error
    So if someone who still is playing the free trial version of Overdrive were to keep their Xbox One Console powered on for the next 14 consecutive days, would that person still be able to play it?
    I guess so? No achievements would pop though.... just going by my experience with Forza 5 of course.
    I speak for me, the site speaks for itself
  • NYR CorodinNYR Corodin446,473
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 05:20, Edited on 23 November 14 at 05:20 by NYR Corodin
    Ive popped a few achievements and it is 20 minutes past midnight, so I think if we keep the game running we can finish up our playthrough
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 05:27
    Hm, for me, at about 15 minutes to midnight my game just stopped, and gave me a black screen. I dashboarded and it wouldn't start up again.
  • JadedMeanKatJadedMeanKat876,468
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 05:59
    Strange. I quit the game just came back to it & I am still able to play with no problems.
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 06:45
    The game just kicked me at 12:40 am CST. I popped an achievement about 5 minutes before that.
  • wbswbs992,700
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 07:57
    Game kicked me to now it asks me to buy it when I try to start it
  • NYR CorodinNYR Corodin446,473
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 07:56
    Ok, 2:55 am and it just force closed, a shame that i started playing so late in the day. I would have played this game to completion. I guess now ill have to rent it or something...
  • slysyslysy916,736
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 10:10
    I totally missed this. When majornelson posted it starts at 12:01, I though he meant midday on the 24 hour clock (as he didn't specify AM or PM). So I didnt start dowloading until midday and then by the time it downloaded, the promotion had finished
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 10:30
    I really wanted to try it but I missed my chance. Too busy yesterday.
    The ODST
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899537,316
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 13:09
    Well I played it and was not impressed. Though I did not like Jet Set Radio and Lollypop Chainsaw became extremely tiring after a while. It was supposed to be a sandbox game but when you were in a mission it was grind on rails or die if you were on the ground.
    Probably my least enjoyed game on the one. Though I am not a fan of Tony Hawks. The humour is ok.
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 17:40
    I played, was just getting into it then my 24 hour period just ended. A 10 minute warning would have been nice!

But, I'm glad I got to play it for the time I did. Thanks Microsoft. (has anyone ever said that?)
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,544,965
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 18:44, Edited on 23 November 14 at 18:45 by Jay Insomniak
    slysy said:I totally missed this. When majornelson posted it starts at 12:01, I though he meant midday on the 24 hour clock (as he didn't specify AM or PM). So I didnt start dowloading until midday and then by the time it downloaded, the promotion had finishedWhy would you assume noon? A day begins at 12:01AM seems like the more logical of the two to assune.
    My favourite colour is red
  • UltraAmoebaUltraAmoeba299,400
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 19:59
    Spilner said:UltraAmoeba said:I'm still playing the free trial and it's past 12. Did I break it?Beware you might not get the achievements you're expecting now, I had that with Forza 5.

Thanks for the warning bro but achievements still popped.
    I played till 3am and had to go to bed. Was totally owned.

I bought it this morning in the sale though so the promotion worked on me smile
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 21:09
    Still got achievements on it today, I left the box on overnight laugh
  • JadedMeanKatJadedMeanKat876,468
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 04:27
    I think it was 24 hours from the time you started playing the free trial. I started it at 1:55 the morning it was available & it kicked me at 1:55 the following morning.
  • Posted on 24 November 14 at 08:59
    LegendStormcrow said:I really wanted to try it but I missed my chance. Too busy yesterday.Same here dude
    >> Let's go Bucs <<
  • Rad WizrrdRad Wizrrd492,901
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 13:11
    This was totally awesome. I thought I'd like the game and now I know I do. I hope Microsoft keeps these free weekends going. :)
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82554,357
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 14:56
    I played 2½ hours on saturday evening. I quite enjoyed it. The current 15% sale isn't enough for me to buy it, but at least I know I'll buy it sometime in the future.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads