Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: November 20th & 21st, 2014

• punkyliarpunkyliar295,238
  • Posted on 22 November 14 at 01:03
    Picked up Pier Solar last night and really enjoying it so far.
    GT: BooneJusticius
  • ezhnoezhno561,856
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 01:30
    The
    Pier Solar and the Great ArchitectsShop-a-holicThe Shop-a-holic achievement in Pier Solar and the Great Architects worth 223 pointsBought all items available on shops.
    achievement doesn't work on PS4's version of Pier Solar. It may well be unobtainable for Xbox as well. I'm waiting to see before buying.
  • Posted on 22 November 14 at 03:56
    Really sad Pier Solar got canned for 360 :(
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 November 14 at 04:14, Edited on 22 November 14 at 06:16 by
    Just to let you guys know, that the price is wrong for Rugby 15 in AUS, it's actually $79.95 not $69.95, well it is on my dashboard anyway.

Is Pier Solar not coming to Australia?

*EDIT* never mind about the Rugby comment, I see what you guy's did there smile
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • PointySpredPointySpred372,123
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 04:23
    SirEzhno said:
    The
    Pier Solar and the Great ArchitectsShop-a-holicThe Shop-a-holic achievement in Pier Solar and the Great Architects worth 223 pointsBought all items available on shops.
    achievement doesn't work on PS4's version of Pier Solar. It may well be unobtainable for Xbox as well. I'm waiting to see before buying.
    One of the few times I don't care about achievements.
    The difference between me and you? You don't think there's a difference between me and you.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,617,414
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 04:39
    BooneJusticius said:Picked up Pier Solar last night and really enjoying it so far.Glad to hear you're liking it. I was SO excited for this in May. After checking back every day to see when it would be released I was sad when I saw it was delayed. I spent the next several months checking back every day and eventually got fed up with the promises. Then when it did get released on other systems I saw the reviews saying it was buggy. I guess I lost some enthusiasm and I almost didn't buy it, but my love of RPGs forced me to buy it and try it out. I'm glad to hear you're liking it.
  • Posted on 22 November 14 at 05:06
    SirEzhno said:
    The
    I'm wondering if they've bought 1 of every item from each and every merchant there is. Initial thinking would be that if you see 2 merchants that sell Berries that you'd only need to buy it from 1 of them since that's usually how it works with this kind of achievement but maybe in this game you have to buy 1 of everything from everyone.

TBabbRuns4Him said:
    BooneJusticius said:
    Picked up Pier Solar last night and really enjoying it so far.
    Glad to hear you're liking it. I was SO excited for this in May. After checking back every day to see when it would be released I was sad when I saw it was delayed. I spent the next several months checking back every day and eventually got fed up with the promises. Then when it did get released on other systems I saw the reviews saying it was buggy. I guess I lost some enthusiasm and I almost didn't buy it, but my love of RPGs forced me to buy it and try it out. I'm glad to hear you're liking it.
    Haha, I pretty much did the exact same thing actually. Finally I had given up on it and forgotten about it until I saw a message last night saying it was out now. We've have some great old style RPGs on the Xbox One now with Pier Solar, Costume Quest 2 and Child of Light. Only thing missing is a Wizardry style one.

Maybe I should put a disclaimer here and state that I've enjoyed every single RPG I've ever played, and that includes ones that people generally thought negatively of.
    GT: BooneJusticius
  • Aj6627Aj6627211,798
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 05:58
    So just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly: you can buy The Crew: Gold Edition and pay more than just buying the game and season pass separately, and yet you get no added benefit over buying them separately?
  • Posted on 22 November 14 at 06:05, Edited on 22 November 14 at 06:45 by True XenoBlade
    Why isn't this available in Australia? Hmmm no matter ... i'll just change my region i suppose laugh

EDIT: Hmmm it doesn't work anymore, great ... i've been looking forward to this for months now.
  • DeeUUDeeUU258,028
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 08:50, Edited on 22 November 14 at 08:50 by DeeUU
    No idea why they don't spread these things around, 3 AAA titles this week, and 5 ID@Xbox releases, madness
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro153,678
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 11:00
    Now that the Rabbids have been unleashed across consoles in all regions, there is a demo now available on the Xbox 360. There is also a trial for the title available on the Xbox One. However, as Xbox One demos can not be downloaded through Xbox.com, you will have to trigger the Destiny (Xbox One) trial through your console.?
  • WyyvernWyyvern804,884
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 11:51
    Aj6627 said:So just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly: you can buy The Crew: Gold Edition and pay more than just buying the game and season pass separately, and yet you get no added benefit over buying them separately?And in the UK there is an £8 discount...someone messed up on the pricing there.
    [Insert clever and unique signature here]
  • punkyliarpunkyliar295,238
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 12:28
    CoMaestro said:Now that the Rabbids have been unleashed across consoles in all regions, there is a demo now available on the Xbox 360. There is also a trial for the title available on the Xbox One. However, as Xbox One demos can not be downloaded through Xbox.com, you will have to trigger the Destiny (Xbox One) trial through your console.?I've changed this now. I must have written over the link with the wrong url as I had Destiny open at the same time.
  • Posted on 22 November 14 at 15:48
    Just picked up DA:I and Far Cry 4 for my Xbox One so I will wait on Pier Solar besides with Xbox One GwG track record of releasing new games for free waiting a bit will probably pay off sooner rather than later laugh
  • IHeartParamoreIHeartParamore1,469,787
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 22:19
    So the two free DLC characters for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax are not free in Europe for the first week, and there's no news ona release date for the third one? Brilliant :/
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite5,394,039
    Posted on 22 November 14 at 23:00
    Geometry Wars 3 : US$14.99 / £13.99

Fuck. You.
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 05:33
    Overheard in Pier Solar: "Hoston, we have a problem."
  • Eos CreonEos Creon242,510
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 08:48, Edited on 23 November 14 at 08:49 by Eos Creon
    According to this, I should have been playing "The Crew", this past February....lol So, it should read 12/02/2014! laugh
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 08:52
    Amazon has Rubgy 15 set for a February 10th release date for North America, and that doesn't seem like a placeholder date so I assume that's the official one.
    Don't be a lemon, be a rose bud.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads