Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Has anyone made _ANY_ progress with H2 LASO/SLASO?

• count023count023973,573
    Posted on 23 November 14 at 11:13
    Seriously, it's been 2 weeks, LASO is growing for CE, 3 and 4, but no one has gotten even close to pulling off H2 yet?
  • Posted on 23 November 14 at 12:29, Edited on 23 November 14 at 12:32 by LostMantella9
    i'm wondering the same thing, gave the first level a go but just wow, its hard to believe its even possible, i'm actually curious if its even possible, did they test if it was before release? There's a lot more active skulls then the original halo 2 laso is all.
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252895,076
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 00:53
    Seems like they went a bit overboard with the skulls. They should let us use scarab skull at least
  • Posted on 24 November 14 at 02:26
    I couldnt even get past level 1 with the scarab skull
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 02:49
    Yea, I'm hearing everywhere that it's supposed to be impossible, anyone hear if 343 is changing the skull requirements or what?
  • Wicked JeiWicked Jei899,033
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 05:33
    I killed the first few grunts, then watched Johnson get molested by sword elites in the corner, so I guess that's progress.
  • JaucoholicJaucoholic430,919 430,919 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 06:30, Edited on 24 November 14 at 06:46 by Jaucoholic
    It's not even possible. It's pretty apparent that no one at 343 even tested this. The Masterblaster skull makes it so it's not possible to get checkpoints on co-op. So essentially you have to go through every level in its entirety without dying once....and this is Halo 2 LASO we're talking about, so yeah. No one will get through this until 343 patches this $#!t up.

Also, it's not even true LASO, but I guess that's a complaint for another day...
  • Posted on 24 November 14 at 06:49
    Jaucoholic said:No one will get through this until 343 patches this $#!t up.Just type the word shit.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • JaucoholicJaucoholic430,919 430,919 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 06:57
    Mobius Evalon said:Jaucoholic said:No one will get through this until 343 patches this $#!t up.Just type the word shit.Lol sorry about that, I'm used to typing more kid friendly language on other forums. laugh
  • Strategy OneStrategy One707,242
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 06:58
    Mobius Evalon said:Jaucoholic said:No one will get through this until 343 patches this $#!t up.Just type the word shit.Rofl, I haven't attempted it yet, but it sounds impossible. I don't know what 343 was thinking, I bet they never even did the achievement..... But this is why im doing the speed runs first, to wait for changes in LASO or solutions/glitches(de-spawn enemies or get out the map). Also doing speed runs I have been learning so much as it is for when I do LASO's which will make them much easier for me.
  • matdanmatdan842,398
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 11:10
    Is that because of all the new skulls added? Don't remember the original Halo 2 LASO being that bad.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic558,479
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 17:37
    Sniper alley would have to be absolutely controller breaking.
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 22:35
    sniper alley is easy, you use the IWHBYD trick to skip over the whole thing and drop down behind the brutes at hotel zanzibar. No fighting waves at the start, no sniper alley, takes all of 2 minutes.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 November 14 at 23:09
    Surely they have to alter the skull set? It's beyond impossible.
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y403,294
    Posted on 24 November 14 at 23:58
    Halo 2 doesn't give you checkpoints (unless scripted) if your shields are down or regenerating - the Streaker skull bleeds your shields all game so prevents you gaining checkpoints.

Fantastically well thought through. Just like the rest of this mess.
    Category 3D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
  • misfit119misfit1191,156,755
    Posted on 25 November 14 at 00:34
    I did actually beat the first level but the fun part is that it's almost impossible to make any good progress on this one without 100% luck. Even if you're slow, careful and know where every enemy is it's too easy for one slight hit to kill you, especially with the Elites. But normal events that barely registered for difficulty most of the time were so brain meltingly hard, like the elevator. I stopped immediately after since the idea of doing the Prophet boss fight or the council chamber battle in High Charity just made me wince.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic558,479
    Posted on 25 November 14 at 00:54
    Oh, I had forgotten the Prophet battle. Now that I think of it, that Heretic battle while playing as the Arbiter would probably be horrible as well.

There's just so many utterly one-sided battles in Halo 2 that it boggles the mind. There is one saving grace for the council chamber battle and that's being able to get up into the seating area. Getting up there and plinking away at the mobs was the only way I could do it on Legendary on the PC.
  • Officer SlugOfficer Slug425,112
    Posted on 25 November 14 at 01:08
    Rhyolitic said:Oh, I had forgotten the Prophet battle. Now that I think of it, that Heretic battle while playing as the Arbiter would probably be horrible as well.

There's just so many utterly one-sided battles in Halo 2 that it boggles the mind. There is one saving grace for the council chamber battle and that's being able to get up into the seating area. Getting up there and plinking away at the mobs was the only way I could do it on Legendary on the PC.
    ...And then the Brutes with carbines spawn to the side of you in up in the seating area and you get to start again!
  • Posted on 25 November 14 at 01:09
    I am sure they will change it. I don't think their intention was for it to be impossible. Hopefully during one of the content updates they will either remove some skulls (Streaking, Master Blaster) or add Scarab and Bandanna.
    Posted on 25 November 14 at 01:23
    they wont add Scarab or Bandanna since bandanna is not in LASO for the others and Scarab would make LASO too easy. LASO has traditionally been the "gold" skulls only, so if they remove streaking and MB, it should be tolerable.

As for the final battle, i believe the heretic fight is nto that hard since plasma does double damage to shields. The hardest/longest fight would probably be tartarus unless you use the spirit/3 johnson's glitch since the sniper will do half damage to tartarus shield.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads