Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Metal Gear Online Revealed in New Trailer

• Proxy LionheartProxy Lionheart1,679,602
    Posted on 11 December 14 at 20:22
    Gotta admit it does look pretty good. I really enjoyed MGS.GZ.
    "Cause its a thousand years. Call out through the ages"
  • Posted on 11 December 14 at 20:36
    Hopefully this MGO will be better than the original. roll

I love MG, but damn the MP that came with 4 was disappointing....
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • Posted on 11 December 14 at 20:40
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:Hopefully this MGO will be better than the original. roll

Howcome? I've never had the chance to dive into the online world of MGS :(
    Twitter: @TA_Treezy | YouTube: Ash Treezy | "Wu-Tang is for the children" - ODB
  • Posted on 11 December 14 at 20:53, Edited on 11 December 14 at 21:33 by a Fi1thy Casual
    Dat Boi Treezy said:EMPATH1C MIM1C said:Hopefully this MGO will be better than the original. roll

Howcome? I've never had the chance to dive into the online world of MGS :(
    It really didn't flow in the MP, in my opinion.

The stealth mechanics that the games really bring to the table are awesome - no doubt. However once you throw competitive Mp into the mix, like deathmatch, team deathmatch, etc, then it just devolves into a firefight, no one is really "hiding" as opposed to running and gunning, and the very foundation of the game becomes pointless (<--- All my opinion right here).

There were other options, like Team Sneaking, that I thought would be more in line with the actual game type, but even that was basically deathmatch with the classic MG exclamation points above peoples faces...

Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,371,970
    Posted on 11 December 14 at 21:19
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:The stealth mechanics that the games really bring to the table are awesome - no doubt. However once you throw competitive Mp into the mix, like deathmatch, team deathmatch, etc, then it just devolves into a firefight, no one is really "hiding" as opposed to running and gunning, and the very foundation of the game becomes pointless (<--- All my opinion right here).Any stealth-based competitive MP is going to fall under that, unfortunately. I avoid Assassin's Creed MP for the exact same reason: every time I've tried to play it without boosting, I've never played a game where I couldn't instantly spot the players... because they were sprinting around nonstop, jumping on buildings, and generally didn't care about the rules in favor of treating it as deathmatch. The only brightside to that was one well-executed stealth kill was worth four or five of theirs, but good luck being stealthy when they're duking it out on the rooftops.

Excited as I am about MGSV, the only reason I'll be looking at this will be achievements.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE504,943
    Posted on 11 December 14 at 21:29
    Will Microsoft let them get away with forcing peer-to-peer bittorrenting for content updates like last time haha
  • Posted on 11 December 14 at 21:34
    Let me snap this guys' neck but first let me take a selfie!
    Don't cry over spilled milk, it could have been whiskey. - Pappy Maverick
  • Posted on 11 December 14 at 21:54
    DrCanadianNinja said:EMPATH1C MIM1C said:The stealth mechanics that the games really bring to the table are awesome - no doubt. However once you throw competitive Mp into the mix, like deathmatch, team deathmatch, etc, then it just devolves into a firefight, no one is really "hiding" as opposed to running and gunning, and the very foundation of the game becomes pointless (<--- All my opinion right here).Any stealth-based competitive MP is going to fall under that, unfortunately. I avoid Assassin's Creed MP for the exact same reason: every time I've tried to play it without boosting, I've never played a game where I couldn't instantly spot the players... because they were sprinting around nonstop, jumping on buildings, and generally didn't care about the rules in favor of treating it as deathmatch. The only brightside to that was one well-executed stealth kill was worth four or five of theirs, but good luck being stealthy when they're duking it out on the rooftops.

Excited as I am about MGSV, the only reason I'll be looking at this will be achievements.
    After checking out the AC tutorial before getting into he actual multiplayer, I was surprised by how wild people were online. The idea was fantastic! I thought SplinterCell Blacklist did a great job of keeping the sneaky element alive in the multiplayer but then again, the spies kind of had no choice anyway but to be sneaky.

I need to catchup on PeaceWalker, MGRising, and Ground Zeroes before I even look at this one.
  • DeathBomMB007DeathBomMB0071,492,847
    Posted on 11 December 14 at 22:44
    Loving The SELFIE lmao!!! claptoastlaugh maybe he should have taken Kim Kardashian hostage ! lol ! dance
    Be The Best!!
  • BiGPaPaRuBiGPaPaRu109,440
    Posted on 11 December 14 at 23:39
    Is this PvP or PvE?
  • Posted on 12 December 14 at 02:31
    laugh
  • Free RiegnFree Riegn746,833
    Posted on 12 December 14 at 04:29
    WOW
    Yeah Buddy!!!
  • No MoneyyNo Moneyy48,037
    Posted on 12 December 14 at 06:23, Edited on 12 December 14 at 06:24 by No Moneyy
    Couldn't tell if it was a scripted PvP or if the defending team were bots. Either way, it looks awesome.
  • thegoodnatethegoodnate393,414
    Posted on 12 December 14 at 09:00
    AnTh0nY cF said:Couldn't tell if it was a scripted PvP or if the defending team were bots. Either way, it looks awesome.Me neither!! was kinda hoping it was Team PvE like the Mass Effect's Multiplayer, but i am sure PvP will make for a lot of fun. Especially if people play by the rules and it doesnt just become a run and gun fest.
  • BIG P3TEBIG P3TE218,212 218,212 GamerScore
    Posted on 12 December 14 at 09:27
    There's no crazy running and gunning in this online world. Teams will need to communicate very smoothly with each other as they tactically take down their opposing team using an array of weaponry, gadgets, and crafty moves. If only that would happen eh.. toast
    Veteran Gamer (Started on ZX81) | Gaming Journalist | Owner:- Game-play.Tv | Xbox Live Ambassador
  • Icebreaker XIcebreaker X1,100,780
    Posted on 12 December 14 at 12:32
    Looking forward to getting this, really enjoyed playing MGS GZ
  • FoogaFooga2,510,338
    Posted on 12 December 14 at 13:27, Edited on 12 December 14 at 13:28 by Fooga
    There's definitely going to be crazy running and gunning in this online world. Teams will not even bother to communicate very smoothly with each other as they tactically take down their opposing team using an array of t-bags, corner camps, and crafty "your mom" jokes. Had to be fixed. And you all know I'm 100% right. cry
    Shall we?
  • BiGPaPaRuBiGPaPaRu109,440
    Posted on 12 December 14 at 14:23
    This does look great. Kojima knows how to make a great game. Although MGS 1 was my all time favorite, this looks like it will take the cake. Looks like MGS should have been open world a long time ago,
  • Posted on 12 December 14 at 14:40
    Fooga said:There's definitely going to be crazy running and gunning in this online world. Teams will not even bother to communicate very smoothly with each other as they tactically take down their opposing team using an array of t-bags, corner camps, and crafty "your mom" jokes. Had to be fixed. And you all know I'm 100% right. crylaugh I can't get away with that!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads