Xbox Help

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

Error code 0x87c40011 on the achievement app

• Posted on 27 December 14 at 08:24
    I unlocked achievements on The Evil Within several hours ago. My One is telling me that I unlocked them when I look at my profile. Yet the achievement app is giving me an error code that Microsoft does not recognize, and while my gamerscore is correct on TA, the achievements are not registering.

Reading the Microsort forums tell me that nobody seems to know what is going on with this error code.

I tried everything the so-called experts suggested. Downloaded my profile again. Changed colors. Installed the game again. In desperation, I reset my console to factory default state. None of this changed anything. I think I will knock back a cold root beer, go to bed, and see if anybody has posted words of wisdom by the time that I awaken.
  • MAJORPOOPYMAJORPOOPY1,959,707
    Posted on 27 December 14 at 09:06
    In the same boat, getting the same error. Tried all suggested troubleshooting.

I think it's just a server issue we're gonna have to wait out. Isn't affecting everyone. Signed in my gf's account and her achievements loaded fine.

Glad I'm not the only one.
    -Major
  • The CampyThe Campy475,832
    Posted on 27 December 14 at 13:41
    I have the same issue and it has been close to 24 hours for me.
  • MarMattRachMarMattRach622,946
    Posted on 27 December 14 at 16:09
    Got same problem, just finished akumu on evil within and no achievement.
  • Osirian08Osirian08334,389
    Posted on 27 December 14 at 17:30
    Had this problem for over 15 hours now. Microsoft support still not even acknowledging there is an issue :-(
  • GoothgoneGoothgone2,871,307
    Posted on 27 December 14 at 17:48, Edited on 27 December 14 at 21:21 by Goothgone
    Same problem here in tmnt ooze my last 5 achievements are not registering. I try to go see my achievements on the xbox one app got an error.
    Edit: I also try another game same problem unlock 2 achievements nothing is registering.
  • Posted on 27 December 14 at 18:55, Edited on 27 December 14 at 19:13 by JRPGsForTheWin
    Just woke up, problem is still there. I am unwilling to contact Microsoft support because I see how they treat other people who are experiencing the same issue - they treat those people with complete dismissal of the fact that there actually is a problem here.

Edit - now I cannot finish installing two of the One Games on Demand I purchased. Lovely.
  • The CampyThe Campy475,832
    Posted on 27 December 14 at 18:59
    Got off the phone with Xbox support, he told me they are having an issue and that it is on their side. He said to check Xbox.com for updates and that they are aware of the issue.
    Posted on 27 December 14 at 19:03
    Jesus, it's about time.... They might have it fixed for 2015 at this rate!
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse2,563,078
    Posted on 27 December 14 at 20:50
    Same here I have tried everything from hard reset to unplugging my xbox, to even re-downloading my profile. nothing is working. I have had this for 2 days now!!! Whats even more BS, I log out and sign into my wifes profile and the achievement and snap achievement apps work just fine!!!
    Gtech
  • Posted on 27 December 14 at 22:16
    Made an account to say that I'm still experiencing this issue since around 1800 CST yesterday.
    Tried all the "fixes" on Xbox forums.
    Chatted with Xbox support; he had no answers. Waiting for some super-tech support to call me back now.
  • WileyOldFoxWileyOldFox1,740,455
    Posted on 28 December 14 at 00:25
    Same here friend and I doing Halo MCC hers were unlocking mine not. cant even load any achievements I get same error code tried fixes nothing works angry
  • PetrozPLPetrozPL316,739
    Posted on 28 December 14 at 00:44
    same here... from yesterday problem occures on my main profile. Fresh profile is working fine.
    Petroz
    Posted on 28 December 14 at 00:42
    Ha, it's even happened to Stallion83 now, the guy with the no.1 gamerscore in the world!!

Amazing how xbox support on twitter responded to him immediately saying they were looking into the issue...
  • Posted on 28 December 14 at 02:40
    I'm sure that's because it will reach out to thousands of people with that one tweet, instead of answering thousands of them individually.
  • Posted on 28 December 14 at 03:48
    I've got the same error, I JUST bought my One today. I fired up Sunset Overdrive for a few hours and I'm wondering if I should stop playing. Any advice from you guys that have had the One for a while? Or in other words, is this going to fudge up my achievements for this game if I keep playing? Thanks in advance.
  • Posted on 28 December 14 at 03:48
    Will achieves still unlock once its fixed? Ive played a lot of games and earned a bunch of achieves but it doesn't show up or add to gamerscore since the error code
  • WhiterValkyrieWhiterValkyrie1,995,127
    Posted on 28 December 14 at 04:31
    Same here ! It gives me nuts !
  • Zonrith1Zonrith1671,264
    Posted on 28 December 14 at 05:01
    I've had instances on the One where achievements did not initially unlock but then, retroactively, have popped. However, this is the first time I've experienced this specific error, and am not sure how it will all play out.

I am avoiding unlocking more achievements until it is resolved (more to play it safe). Initially, I figured my unlock issues were due to Child of Light having buggy achievements (though the solutions seem to suggest most, if not all, that was patched out), and I didn't realize that I can't even access my achievements from the Smartglass or the website until I saw the achievement app error.

Not sure which thread(s) are best to monitor. This one has an official response that claims it (the thread) will be updated when more information is available:
    http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_sup...

Posters have links to a couple other discussion threads, but the official Xbox forums are littered with various topics regarding this issue now.
  • JAC418JAC41895,988
    Posted on 28 December 14 at 05:47
    I've been having this issue for over 24 hours now. First noticed it when I was playing The Wolf Among Us and the story related achievements weren't popping. I first thought my notifications were messed up but it turned out that the whole Achievements app wasn't working.

Achievements hasn't worked on the Xbox One, Xbox.com, or my Smartglass app. In addition to these, Trueachievements doesn't show me having unlocked them either.

I've tried a Hard Reset, changing the background color, and unplugging the Xbox One after the Hard Reset for 10+ minutes. Nothing has worked for me.

I have tried searching the forums for help on the issue but I have either found a solution that doesn't work for me or that the thread was not responded to with a solution at all.

Trying to wait it out but I'm getting worried.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads