Game Discussion: World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)

So you've completed the game? Think again...

• lightsup55lightsup55667,618
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 10:24, Edited on 14 January 15 at 10:26 by lightsup55
    Just when you think you've completed the game, they add more achievements...

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)Top OperativeThe Top Operative achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 33 pointsComplete 8 new operations.

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)Tanks ATTACKEDThe Tanks ATTACKED achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 24 pointsComplete mini-game.

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)Trebuchet!The Trebuchet! achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 72 pointsOwn 5 French Artillery Tanks simultaneously.

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)Conquering GroundThe Conquering Ground achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 54 pointsWin, survive and be one of the team’s top 3 XP earners on Highway or Steppes. MP only.

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)Not in MY House!The Not in MY House! achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 55 pointsDestroy 2 enemy tanks trying to capture a friendly base. MP only.

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)Maximum OverdriveThe Maximum Overdrive achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 100 pointsDestroy 2 tanks by ramming them and survive. MP only.

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)First!The First! achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 37 pointsBe the first to destroy an enemy in a match on Highway or Steppes. MP only.

World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360)CoordinationThe Coordination achievement in World of Tanks: Valor (Xbox 360) worth 26 pointsUse the radial command menu to send a message from each category in a single match. MP only.
  • CubivoreCubivore528,709
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 10:57
    I love how utterly goddamn luck-based two of those are. Even more so than Bombadier. I hope everyone who was begging for new achievements is happy that we've been saddled with two of the dumbest achievements I have ever seen in any game ever.
  • Posted on 14 January 15 at 11:19
    These achievements appear to be even worse than any of the others as these are map specific.
    I haven't even played WoT since I finished it as I needed a break so I don't know if the game options have changed.
    I think I might have to boost these as I worked so hard to get the Kamikaze achievement and trying to get two in one match and survive is just retarded!!

I have the medal for destroying tanks capturing the base (I'm sure it was 4) and because this achievement is map specific I won't unlock that, have to do it all over again.
    Another tank grind in yet another direction I have no progress in although I do like artillery so will start over on the French path and work towards that.
    I've been the top player and first killer many times but again will need to re-do them.

Someone please tell me there is a new game type that can be boosted 2v2 and have the ability to choose that map or my soul will destroyed once again cry
    http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=2772&findgamerid=86026
  • Posted on 14 January 15 at 14:43, Edited on 14 January 15 at 15:27 by Lord Terentius
    This just sucks.

I loved (past tense) playing the game but as previously stated these map specific achievements are just ridiculous.

I have 6 Bombadier medals by just playing normally and not worrying too much about achievements and I honestly thought that would be the end of crap like this.

However after these achievements got released I've had to sign up for the first time for WoT boosting sessions (because I can't see other way aside from divine intervention that you'll get "Maximum Overdrive" and "Not in MY House!" legitimately with the number of brain dead cretins in some of the matches).

Good luck to anyone looking to unlock this through sheer luck. You'll definitely need it.

EDIT:
    I found a thread over at the WoT forums asking for feedback relating to the achievements. Please make our opinions known so that hopefully with enough feedback they'll change the requirements for the community.

http://forum.worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/index.php?/topic...
    "My drill is a drill that'll pierce the heavens!!" - Simon from "Gurren Lagann"
  • Posted on 14 January 15 at 21:41
    Someone needs to say on there that ramming two fucking tanks and trying to survive is bullshit regardless of map or anything, utter dogshit achievement!!!!!
    http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=2772&findgamerid=86026
  • Posted on 14 January 15 at 21:45
    I'm strongly considering not starting it up for the latest title updates....!?
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx454,043
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 22:37
    These achievements are a bit much
    PSN: http://www.truetrophies.com/ImFunnyHow.htm
  • CubivoreCubivore528,709
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 22:55
    UK360 COMMANDO said:Someone needs to say on there that ramming two fucking tanks and trying to survive is bullshit regardless of map or anything, utter dogshit achievement!!!!!Actually this achievement would not be very hard, I've done it myself on a few occasions on other maps just because ramming people with certain tanks is fun and effective. The map restriction, however, is garbage. I have only seen Steppes one single time and Highway 3 times since I started playing this a bunch again on Saturday. Being map-specific at all would be stupid, but it seems like the two maps in question never come up in rotation in the first place, making them that much worse.
  • Posted on 14 January 15 at 23:15
    Driving around the battlefield looking for an appropriate tank to try and ram and destroy while trying not to get blown to bits by everyone else was not my idea of fun. Now add a map specific requirement and the fact that I have to do it twice in one match and survive and it's just bollocks!! Only one person has the achievement so far and I bet they boosted it!!
  • kingrich06kingrich062,272,383
    Posted on 14 January 15 at 23:20
    ramming and capping ones left... and yes these damn maps are rarely seen =(
    1 in 12 matches so far last two days seeing steppes or highway..and when i do, always in the wrong tank lol
  • Chameleon314Chameleon314710,177
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 05:43
    1 in 12 is generous, i havent seen either yet with tier 6 tanks in at least 20 matches
  • Posted on 15 January 15 at 08:57
    ugh ramming and defending achievements are gunna be the death of me.
    Banana Big Boys
  • Posted on 15 January 15 at 10:48
    Yeah the map based ones are complete rubbish. There are some good comments on the WoT forum thread (posted above) so hopefully they remove the map restriction.
  • Lumberjay85Lumberjay85198,952
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 13:17
    I think making achievements map based was a way to avoid retroactively unlocking achievements.
  • Posted on 15 January 15 at 13:33
    Completions are overrated anyway.
  • JodmeisterJodmeister749,407
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 16:48
    I've registered my displeasure too about them. I suggested next time that they get the Supertesters input on any future achievements so hopefully this sort of silly achievement won't happen again.
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 19:11
    in theory: as some have said in this thread... the new cheevos are set up in such a way to prevent people from popping retroactive cheevos which require you to something ingame ie Bombardier 2 kills with one shell...
    in the past updates, many of the cheevos were retroactive, and many have finished the update cheevos with none or little effort and the new specific map thing limits how fast players will pop all the cheevos in one update.
    the problem personally with me is not the map rotation chance of getting Steppes or Highway, all my games played WOT i never liked the whole idea of "ramming" tanks, hurts you as you kill or just damage an enemy tank.. i do not like do it now I have to do 2 ram kills in one match and survive lol...not saying it cant be done, now i just have to buy a tank which is fast enough to catch enemies, have enough HP to withstand 2 impacts and have good match making...
    Posted on 15 January 15 at 19:20
    look on the bright side..at least they didn't turn some of the harder medals ingame into cheevos.
    ie
    Get the Burda Medal 5x spg kills in one match
    Rasaininai: 14 kills in one match
    any of the Technical engineer for a country : lol unlock and research a complete tech tree
  • Posted on 15 January 15 at 20:20
    haha Rich, I think most people could unlock ALL tech trees before they managed to get ramming two tanks in a match done laugh
  • ChaosAlertChaosAlert1,549,699
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads