Xbox Help

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

Saferaffle spam

• Posted on 24 January 15 at 03:15
    Recently I have been getting a lot of messages that all state in some manner that I have a good chance at winning Xbox one or other valuable electronic devices if I enter a draw on a site called Saferaffle. (where I imagine giving my password is a requirement for winningroll) I block the gamertags but whoever is doing it just creates a new one and I get another message. Any way to stop this?
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 24 January 15 at 03:57
    Quite a lot of us are getting them, like any spam theres no way to stop it really.
  • Cloud 995Cloud 995264,698
    Posted on 24 January 15 at 06:57
    Spilner said:Quite a lot of us are getting them, like any spam theres no way to stop it really.Microsoft need to do something about that angry
  • JamPound32JamPound321,426,058
    Posted on 24 January 15 at 08:51
    I've got that message twice, just block and report the tag. Nothing else you can do.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 24 January 15 at 13:58
    Cloud 995 said:Spilner said:Quite a lot of us are getting them, like any spam theres no way to stop it really.Microsoft need to do something about that angryLike what? We can set our messages to only receive from friends or no one but other than that what can they do?
  • Posted on 24 January 15 at 18:10
    I'm sure they're working on something. Microsoft / Xbox / Windows are trying to make an easier / more friendly UI experience. Of course they could put a captcha on every log in page - does that sound like something you'd be into?
    Twitter: @FrustratedNerd | Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/1r3ES7L | Website: frustratednerd.com
  • Posted on 24 January 15 at 19:24
    I imagine they could try a console ban or block the I.P. But that would only be a minor annoyance to whoever is doing this. I just find it particularly frustrating that spam has invaded my gaming console now.
  • Posted on 24 January 15 at 20:51
    CrAzEdCaNuCk18 said:I imagine they could try a console ban or block the I.P. But that would only be a minor annoyance to whoever is doing this. I just find it particularly frustrating that spam has invaded my gaming console now.There's ways to change your IPs, and it's probably not even happening from a console. I'm sure they'll fix it. Just the DNS attacks are their top priority from the security team right now.
    Twitter: @FrustratedNerd | Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/1r3ES7L | Website: frustratednerd.com
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh4,642,534
    Posted on 24 January 15 at 23:04
    Yeah...its pretty annoying. I get about 8 or 9 a week usually about fifa coins. Never thought id need a bloody spam filter for my XBL messages.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,120,098
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 00:25
    But I won a Xbox One on saferaffle! Legit!
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252893,088
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 03:40
    I get 1-2 spam messages a day; this probably started a couple weeks ago, really annoying
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 January 15 at 06:17
    I got one responded why do you think i give a crap. Damn them message spamming pricksangry
  • GAM3RJETGAM3RJET244,556
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 07:00
    Interesting, I got one of these after playing Horizon 2 online the other day. Too bad we can't block messages based on gamerscores. The guy who sent it to me had 0 gamerscore. Would cut down on the spam if you had to have like at least 20,000 gamerscore to message someone.

lol, unlocking basic features with gamerscore. That would be great...

5,000 gamerscore = ability to join a party
    10,000 gamerscore = ability to create a party
    20,000 gamerscore = ability to send messages

LOL laugh
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,943,668
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 07:31
    or just add an option to not accept friend request based on gamerscore, and we could choose the cutoff.

Friends, and Everybody is pretty limiting. I changed mine to only messages from friends until they resolve it, but I have never had spam prior to a month ago, and I have had Live since it started.

I tweeted microsoft about it, and they said they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,665,098
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 08:02
    Stolen 48 Hour said:I got one responded why do you think i give a crap. Damn them message spamming pricksangryThis is one of the worst things you can do. By replying, you let them know they actually found a valid account with someone reading the messages and have them more reason to keep spamming you. The best course is to block them, delete the message, and don't contact them at all.
  • ElyohElyoh1,098,074
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 08:49
    Ill just count my lucky stars that I haven't received anything laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 25 January 15 at 09:03
    It's not like it would be hard to fix. Auto-ban any user with a low gamerscore who sends out a large volume of messages with a web address in it. Problem solved. In fact, they could probably expand that to just automatically suspend any account that includes a web address in any message to someone not on their friends list.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Mince Pie 77Mince Pie 77383,343
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 10:13
    Yeah, I've had 4 over the least two weeks. Two for winning an xbox or an iPhone and two for FIFA stuff. Pain in the arse!
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,120,098
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 10:27
    GAMERJET XBL said:lol, unlocking basic features with gamerscore. That would be great...

5,000 gamerscore = ability to join a party
    10,000 gamerscore = ability to create a party
    20,000 gamerscore = ability to send messages
    You can't be for real? There are people with less than 5k GS who play a lot. I have many friends with less than 20K. Not everyone cares about achievements.
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan2,371,231
    Posted on 25 January 15 at 11:24
    I had 1 about a week ago, blocked and reported. End of.
    "FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan. Please, just call me York. That's what everyone calls me."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads