Site Wishlist

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Bean Dive achievement flag

• TangerineGamerTangerineGamer2,575,848
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 13:16
    Had a quick search for this and found something similar:
    Achievement Flag - Tracker/Bean Dive friendly

But the OP there asks for "a flag for people who wanted the quickest games to bean dive, or extend achievement streaks on" and WarmedxMints has a good thread for that Bean Dive Guide - Version 2

However I was wanting a flag for the best achievement in any given game to get so to add it to your bean dive.
    This flag could be applied to any game and is just showing the quickest achievement(s) to get, not just easy achievements to get in certain games

I personally have a few games that I know I won't start anytime soon (mainly free ones) and was thinking of joining in on the dive this year, and a quick glance at that game page for a quick achievement would make the process of diving a lot easier I think

Hope that makes sense, any questions or thoughts please let me know
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite5,299,145
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 13:25
    Spoiler: the one with the highest percentage owned. MOST games have an achievement that everyone gets first..

Eg, press start to play, loading up first chapter, etc.
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 13:35
    Once on the game page just change your list view to TA ratio: ascending. That way the one most people have (so usually the easiest) will be right at the top of the list.
    I normally use it the other way round (TA ratio descending) to check out the trickier achievements.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 15:10
    No.
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y402,241
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 16:20
    Spilner said:No.I'll expand ever so slightly on Spilner's incredibly insightful post and support the first response.

The lowest TA ratio is usually the easiest to Bean Dive HOWEVER this is quite observably not always true.

Some games also have achievements that are incredibly easy (just look at H:MCC Title Updates) and yet have only been unlocked by a tiny percentage of the population.

The biggest issue with this is that it is subjective (regardless of whether there's an achievement with a ratio of 1.01) and will change when people discover easier ways of unlocking other achievements.

Perhaps a flag for <2 minutes' time required?
    Category 3D SFA Referee - PSIA Freestyle Ski Coach with M.A in Politics. Random huh?
  • FFX BrotherhoodFFX Brotherhood1,558,241
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 00:01
    I imagine having to go through and flag every game would take some time. is it really worth it? most people (I assume) would just check the achievement list for the easiest/quickest and earn it without the need for a flag.
    I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
  • nuxx aunuxx au794,437
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 02:38
    Given TA automatically tracks the games that are in all our bean dives, it would be possible to collate the data of all divers per game to determine the most unlocked achievement strictly in the context of the bean dive.

This would either confirm the lowest ratio as the one to go for, or if there are alternative achievements unlocked in non-trivial numbers, it flags another option that while less obvious, may be comparable or quicker in time to unlock.
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 10:21, Edited on 28 January 15 at 10:22 by TangerineGamer
    TSG Dwaggie said:Spoiler: the one with the highest percentage owned. MOST games have an achievement that everyone gets first..

Deadpool 1194 said:Once on the game page just change your list view to TA ratio: ascending. That way the one most people have (so usually the easiest) will be right at the top of the list. Very true guys, but sometimes the most common achievement is to finish the first chapter/level of a game when there is a multiplayer achievement that can be unlocked in half the time but has a higher ratio because most go for story first.

Spilner said:No.Thanks ....

S P 4 C E Y said:Spilner said:No.The lowest TA ratio is usually the easiest to Bean Dive HOWEVER this is quite observably not always true.
    Some games also have achievements that are incredibly easy (just look at H:MCC Title Updates) and yet have only been unlocked by a tiny percentage of the population.

Perhaps a flag for <2 minutes' time required?
    Very possible alternative

FFX Brotherhood said:I imagine having to go through and flag every game would take some time. is it really worth it? most people (I assume) would just check the achievement list for the easiest/quickest and earn it without the need for a flag.I understand what you mean, but I don't mean for site staff to go through and flag every game on the site, it would be added to games getting flagged for the first time and if users feel inclined they can flag games they own retroactively, basically how the system works now

I know this may be a lot of work for little gain, but it was just a suggestion. I currently do the method of seeing what is the most commonly unlocked achievement in a game and thought this may improve the experience for new bean divers

Thanks for your input guys (including Spliner)
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 12:21
    Thanks for spelling my tag wrong laugh
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,120,098
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 12:26, Edited on 28 January 15 at 12:29 by LuckyKant
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Spoiler: the one with the highest percentage owned. MOST games have an achievement that everyone gets first..

Not always.

This takes 4 or 5 chapters
    Max Payne 3Part I CompleteThe Part I Complete achievement in Max Payne 3 worth 21 pointsComplete Part I Of The Story

This takes 4 or 5 seconds
    Max Payne 3Max Payne InvitationalThe Max Payne Invitational achievement in Max Payne 3 worth 11 pointsInvite someone to play through the in-game contact list

But anyway, +1.
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • zzUrbanSpacemanzzUrbanSpaceman1,512,494
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 02:50
    I think the general response to this idea in the past (I think I even raised it!) is that TA doesn't want to add flags that only really cater towards a specific event. Achievement flags should be for general information about unlocking the achievement. While a "< 2 minutes" could fit into that category, I don't know that in the larger scope it's actually that useful to have, particularly when balanced with the extra amount of effort required to add that flag to every possible achievement.
    Posted on 29 January 15 at 10:07
    Spilner said:Thanks for spelling my tag wrong laughfacepalm

zzUrbanSpaceman said:I think the general response to this idea in the past (I think I even raised it!) is that TA doesn't want to add flags that only really cater towards a specific event. Achievement flags should be for general information about unlocking the achievement. While a "< 2 minutes" could fit into that category, I don't know that in the larger scope it's actually that useful to have, particularly when balanced with the extra amount of effort required to add that flag to every possible achievement.That makes sense, not to have a flag for a singular or a couple of achievements each game
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads