The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: January 27th, 2015

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,032,214
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,494,920
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:34
    Is it bad that I'm tempted by some of these despite having EA Access?
  • ShootZombiesShootZombies345,881
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:38
    Finally!!! Crysis 2 is on sale. Been waiting years for that one!!! Completed Crysis 1 & 3 campaigns yonks ago but never knew what happened in between. Can finally find out. Crysis boosters add me up, gotta do Crysis 2 and 3 multiplayer :)
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:40
    Finally gonna get the ME3 dlc
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:42
    I really want to get Dragon Age but it looks like a tough ass completion.

On another note I recomend Never Alone, really cute, short, fun game as well as an easy 1000gs.
    Don't cry over spilled milk, it could have been whiskey. - Pappy Maverick
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,346,674
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:44
    Geez, Chewie. The work you put into these! Appreciated as always.

xPut Name Herex said:Is it bad that I'm tempted by some of these despite having EA Access?Not really. I've got it as well, and I'm looking at Battlefield and Garden Warfare as pretty much the only things I have interest in. The combined cost for those is cheaper than Vault access for me, and now that a Best Buy sale has rendered their discount obsolete for me, it might just be better to secure the games I want and let it expire.

Outside of that, I think I'll pick up Dragon Age: Origins, Awakening, and 2, followed by Kingdoms of Amalur. I'm eyeing up Tony Hawk HD, but I remember trying the demo and it being nothing like what I remember.

Anyone have kind words about Fuse? Looking into it, seems half decent for the price.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
  • PistolvaniaPistolvania554,263
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:45, Edited on 27 January 15 at 17:46 by Pistolvania
    Dead Space for only $3 is one of the biggest steals I've seen recently. Amazing game. I would recommend picking it up before this sale is over.

I know that people don't like DAII all that much but for $4, would it be worth the pick up?
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:46
    The first good deal of the new year. There's something for everybody in this sale it seems like, nothing for me though. Well done all the same EA
  • TrapMuzik99TrapMuzik99974,801
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:47
    Going to get BF4 Premium. Anyone who hasn't got Another World, great game :) Highly recommended
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA2,112,692
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:47
    Damn a lot on sale I really wish they would have put dragon age 2 dlc on sale :( might get another world , bf4 dlc tempted about ufc
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:48
    xPut Name Herex said:Is it bad that I'm tempted by some of these despite having EA Access?EA access is the reason for all these discounts. EA finally figured out how to destroy the used game market, in addition to making their games incompletable by turning off the servers, now they milk everything 6 months old by tossing it in the vault, and dropping the digital prices. I have literally stopped buying used EA stuff on the One, and the 360 prices have to be damn low for me to even consider a physical copy now shock
    Your financial solution
  • G0DLY 5NiPeRG0DLY 5NiPeR549,687
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:49
    There's a lot there for me to choose from, including Fuse, the Dragon Age games, and Mirror's Edge. Can anybody offer their opinions on those games for me, before I make any decisions?

Also, I refuse to get Syndicate unless there are willing boosters for those pesky online achievements... roll
    "If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do today?" - Steve Jobs
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:56, Edited on 27 January 15 at 17:58 by PainfulLegacy
    Wow Microsoft finally has a good sale for once.... Dead Space for $2.99 !
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh4,337,510
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:57
    Picked up Premium and NBA, cant see them being much cheaper than that any time soon.
  • adamrulzadamrulz417,146
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:58
    What a great sale, but alas, I just bought Another world, and never alone just a few days ago. Oh well, they were cheap anyways. Gotta stock up for more back log!!
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 17:59
    I think i'll pick up Dragon Age: Inquisition on the One. I was considering it a few days ago and now this sale made it so very tempting.
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 18:01
    i considered crisis 2, but then i saw the walkthrough and it shows the time to complete it is from 60 up to 4032hrs... wtf
  • Posted on 27 January 15 at 18:05
    Great sales. I would highly recommend Dragon Age: Inquisition, best RPG in years, this game is nothing short of amazing. Origins is great too as well as the Awakening DLC for it. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Prototype, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Bulletstorm are fun games as well. Mass Effect 3 DLCs may be worth picking up too, despite being the worst instalment in the franchise it's still worth playing... well, kinda.

Great sales overall, but nothing for me, all the games I like here, I already have.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64321,534
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 18:07
    why are there 2 "Mass Effect 2" DLC on sale, but not the other ones like Shadow Broker and Kasumi?
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • pezza888pezza888178,901
    Posted on 27 January 15 at 18:07
    Some decent deals here
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads