Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: January 29th & 30th, 2015

• punkyliarpunkyliar295,443
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 January 15 at 22:20
    Even though Life is Strange looks some what interesting, I just won't buy it.

I like to play my games in WHOLE once I start them, I can't get into playing an episode then having to what weeks/months for the next episode, that kills it for me and is one of the main reasons I have never played any of the Telltale games.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • JORAXJORAX2,070,576
    Posted on 30 January 15 at 22:31
    You are missing out on some great games with your arbitrary rules. Also, several Telltale games are now out in full and can be played without interruption...
  • IronFistofSnuffIronFistofSnuff1,026,074
    Posted on 30 January 15 at 22:43
    Not a fan of #IDARB.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26825,293,503
    Posted on 30 January 15 at 22:47
    Or you could just wait until the fifth episode is out and then buy it and play it all at once...that's what I've done other than with The Walking Dead Season 1
  • RCRC417,330
    Posted on 30 January 15 at 23:10
    First episode of Life is Strange will probably be free at some point; along with a season pass discount. I can wait.
  • Aging FanboyAging Fanboy1,885,182
    Posted on 30 January 15 at 23:16
    Life is Strange looks great! I'm glad to see other developers trying their hand at episodic games. I can't wait to play it.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko340,757
    Posted on 30 January 15 at 23:21
    Crud. I missed the previous roundup and notification of Rhythm Party getting delisted. I would have grabbed it. Oh well.

Nothing for me this week. I'll wait until all of Life is Strange is out before I consider it, and #IDARB is just going to sit in my download queue since I don't have a One yet. Unmechanical looks interesting, though.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • Posted on 30 January 15 at 23:25
    Blue n Gold Eel said:Even though Life is Strange looks some what interesting, I just won't buy it.

I like to play my games in WHOLE once I start them, I can't get into playing an episode then having to what weeks/months for the next episode, that kills it for me and is one of the main reasons I have never played any of the Telltale games.
    Personally, On episodic games, I like taking breaks between the episodes, it lets the story and your choices sink in a little bit, as well as builds a bit of suspense for the next section.

But I can understand the hesitation to play them as they're released, because of the amount of times they get discounts/free episodes within months of release and the sometimes ridiculous waits between episodes (I'm looking at you, The Wolf Among Us)

But i can definitely say without a doubt, I enjoyed the first episode of Life Is Strange more than the whole 1st Season of the Walking Dead, and am eagerly looking forward to the rest of the story.
  • Posted on 30 January 15 at 23:27
    Big fan of #IDARB :P
  • Swinny CostelloSwinny Costello1,266,618
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 00:32
    Blue n Gold Eel said:Even though Life is Strange looks some what interesting, I just won't buy it.

Then what are you waiting for, regarding Telltale? They have numerous complete series available now. Only Game of Thrones and Borderlands are currently ongoing.
  • Draconic KyrDraconic Kyr206,976
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 00:48
    Look at telltales first game Wallace & Gromit. They released each episode as individual games. Now they release the extra episodes as dlc instead. I will still wait until all episodes are released in case they opt to release a disc version. I always prefer my physical copies.

Main reason for physical copies is if servers ever go down for a system and something happens to your console, you lose all licenses for all digital games. Now with no servers and no licenses you no longer can play any of those games offline even if you kept backups. And with servers down you can no longer connect to transfer licenses or prove that you have the licenses to play them, making them all useless. This is the biggest problem with DRM content. They can at anytime prevent anyone from using the content and it is perfectly legal as by purchasing it you agree to it.
  • MyopathMyopath348,760
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 January 15 at 01:55
    Swinny Costello said:Blue n Gold Eel said:Even though Life is Strange looks some what interesting, I just won't buy it.

Then what are you waiting for, regarding Telltale? They have numerous complete series available now. Only Game of Thrones and Borderlands are currently ongoing.
    I should have said not bought any of the Telltale games as I have played episode 1.

The game didn't have enough "gameplay" for me and my choice in the tractor scene was completely ignored by the game, and if it's pre determined what's going to happen the game should not give you choices.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hating on Telltale it's just that I'm not a fan of the games they tend to make, but I did try the game before making my decision.

I will watch until all episodes have been released for Life is Strange an I know what the gameplay is like and I will make an informed decision then.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • Reina WattReina Watt690,328
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 03:18
    Quite enjoyed Life Is Strange, despite it's flaws, it was engaging and has me looking forward to the next part. It was like playing Broken Sword again in a small way.
    I play video games, therefore I am
  • KalujoKalujo428,365
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 05:11
    Definitely buying Life Is Strange. It looks amazing! dance
  • Posted on 31 January 15 at 05:24
    Bought Life is Strange without hesitation.

Is Unmechanical any good? It peaks my interest.
  • AckterAckter336,568
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 09:45
    Quick warning:

#IDARB appears to need Kinect in order to unlock all achievements.
  • Posted on 31 January 15 at 10:04
    Ackter said:
    Quick warning:

Correct.

#IDARBSharing is CaringThe Sharing is Caring achievement in #IDARB worth 128 pointsImport 10 or more songs via Trading Post or QR code into the game

#IDARBCorporate Art CollectorThe Corporate Art Collector achievement in #IDARB worth 128 pointsImport 10 or more logos via Trading Post or QR code into the game

#IDARBIdentity TheftThe Identity Theft achievement in #IDARB worth 125 pointsImport 10 or more characters via Trading Post or QR code into the game

Require a Kinect to unlock.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,402,347
    Posted on 31 January 15 at 11:11
    Cheese Toastyy said:
    Ackter said:
    Quick warning:

Correct.

#IDARBSharing is CaringThe Sharing is Caring achievement in #IDARB worth 128 pointsImport 10 or more songs via Trading Post or QR code into the game

#IDARBCorporate Art CollectorThe Corporate Art Collector achievement in #IDARB worth 128 pointsImport 10 or more logos via Trading Post or QR code into the game

#IDARBIdentity TheftThe Identity Theft achievement in #IDARB worth 125 pointsImport 10 or more characters via Trading Post or QR code into the game

Require a Kinect to unlock.
    it also need a twitch/twitter account to complete...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads