Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Sidekicks

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,136,154
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 19:56
    Shining the light on gaming's wingmen, wingwomen and wingthings.

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: Sidekicks
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:02, Edited on 01 March 15 at 20:04 by
    John Marston and Master Chief make great sidekicks to the Rad Hazard boat in Hydro Thunder Hurricane! It's true, they both make a cameo appearance! smile It's a shame both of them aren't at epic when compared to the Raz Hazard. Who could beat twin turbo V50,000 Engines, Flux Capacitors built within the electronic system and to top it all off a six pack worth of any underwear commercial! Oh Rad Hazard, you! Definitely the man of my dreams! redface
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • Waggie5150Waggie5150415,210
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:04
    Shadows of the Damned was such as great game! Johnson was hilarious as well!
    FINALLY REACHED 80K!
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,613,057
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:04
    I actually haven't played several of the games on this list. I've only played Alan Wake, Borderlands, Banjo Kazooie, and Halo. I still really enjoyed reading the snippets!
  • Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:08
    OMG, no Portal 2?!
  • rafter84rafter84892,058
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:11
    What about the companion cube! :)
    Press START to ready up! Raf.
  • Scorpionxx0Scorpionxx0445,166
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:11
    I remember the horror of going through the entire campaign with an ai sheva.......
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,136,154
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:13, Edited on 01 March 15 at 20:15 by ChewieOnIce
    AFalcon90 said:Elizabeth from Infinite not even mentioned?Article not even read? wink

janiwesterling said:OMG, no Portal 2?!Good shout, but who would you choose? Wheatley who started out helpful then tried to kill you? Or GLaDOS who started out trying to kill you and then ended up helping?
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,716,892
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:17
    And yet you're better of using the AI than a co-op partner for
    Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)Run the GauntletThe Run the Gauntlet achievement in Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360) worth 123 pointsComplete "Desperate Escape" on Professional.
    which is stupid.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:18
    Great list. My #1 would be Mordin from the mass effect series
  • Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:24, Edited on 01 March 15 at 20:26 by thunderkiss92
    First thing that came to mind: the dog in Fable III.

Sure, he didn't do much other than help you find buried items that were (for the most part) not worth anything (although on occasion it did pounce on enemies that had lost their footing and finished them for me), but it was still an interesting part of the game.

As an additional note, the caption under the RE5 spot on the list made me laugh. laugh I can think of several moments when I just let Sheva die (all the other times she did just fine getting herself killed), she's gotta be among the worst AI I've ever had the displeasure of playing cooperatively with.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:36
    *thinks to self* .... Please no one quote and reply ...please no one quote and reply!

On topic.... I never played Alan wake, but that Christmas lights guy looks cool....did he live?
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • NYImpact414NYImpact414118,527
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:36
    Good list! What about Joe from Mafia 2? He was hilarious and seemed to care for Vito.
  • Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:36
    What about Dom??
    The new dashboard sux!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:37
    WaggiesaurusRex said:Shadows of the Damned was such as great game! Johnson was hilarious as well!+1
    Remember this: "Be it a rock or a grain of sand, in water they sink as the same."
  • AckterAckter336,564
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:41
    Never Alone should be all up in this list.
  • Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:42
    When I saw this Top 5 on the home page my first reaction was "they better have Barry Wheeler somewhere in there". And you did!
    "Touch darkness and darkness touches you back..."
  • Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:43
    What, no Luigi? laugh
    Hero
  • VermigsVermigs394,248
    Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:44
    CounterInsurgnt said:*thinks to self* .... Please no one quote and reply ...please no one quote and reply!

On topic.... I never played Alan wake, but that Christmas lights guy looks cool....did he live?
    Quoting and replying....

As for Barry, yes.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 March 15 at 20:45, Edited on 01 March 15 at 20:46 by
    CounterInsurgnt said:*thinks to self* .... Please no one quote and reply ...please no one quote and reply!

Right at the very end he...................sorry I can't tell, you will have to play it and find out for yourself laugh
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads