Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox One GWG Titles Can Now Be Queued From 360

• MatrarchMatrarch1,739,757
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:33
    Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:33
    I got every Xbox one GWG before buying the One
    Just downloaded it through the website clap
  • Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:37
    CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.I disagree. People could already download the games without a Xbox One via Xbox.com. If anything it will make more people want to download the game as not many people will go on xbox.com for them. This will make people feel like upgrading will be a good idea as they will know they will have a few games to play once they get the console.
  • DaOverUnderDaOverUnder1,720,253
    Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:39
    CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.Anyone who has held out for a year and a half is smart enough to realize the Xbox One is not an improvement over the 360.

I rarely play on my Xbox 1, but I buy *EVERYTHING* that goes on sale. Because I know one day the 360 will be shut down and I will be forced to play on the inferior console.

This saves me the hassle on setting up my Xbox One. I'm happy with this.
  • Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:37
    Awesome idea for people only owning an One, for some a lot quicker than having to switch to xbox.com.

As for the buisiness perspective, i think creating a bigger and bigger backlog with games people want to play, may encounrage a certain part of the Xbox 360 community even more into changing to next gen with Microsoft. Since a part of this people were already building a backlog through xbox.com, its not like they're throwing a lot more of their money away.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,125,500
    Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:38
    CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.Please explain that logic. I see it as a good idea. Many people will see that they can now get X1 games to their account, even if they don't have the X1. They will be advertising the game on the dashboard, along 360 GWG. It will get people thinking about buying the the X1 as they are queuing games to download.

"Ooh, I want to get an X1 soon but may not have a lot of games. Oh, I can get this game for free and many more as well! Let me reconsider purchasing this product."
    He was trying to buy more sand for his hour glass. I wasn't selling any. - Max Payne
  • Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:39
    It's an okay idea, like Mr YoUSeF said you could already queue the deals from the website so seems like a waste of development.

I'm still waiting for Microsoft to release unused gamertags that have been active for years. It would be the one time I'd be considering spending the $10 to change my tag.
    http://tinyurl.com/nsxg6rm <== EASY WAY TO MAKE $5 XBOX LIVE BY USING BING
  • Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:41
    Yay, finally I won't need to redeem my X1 games through the website... awesome! clap
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl1,032,880
    Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:42
    Great move.
    No mercy.
  • Vr EnglishVr English838,976
    Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:48
    Pretty business savvy, don't see why people feel otherwise.
  • FFX BrotherhoodFFX Brotherhood1,570,863
    Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:50
    Sounds good to me.
    I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER1,338,108
    Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:52
    Marcos Aspira said:Yay, finally I won't need to redeem my X1 games through the website... awesome! clapMy thoughts exactly.
  • Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:53
    So that explains it, I was on my 360 this morning and saen that I could buy iDarb for Xbox one through the dashboard, Good idea saves going to the website to do it.
    Play for achievements. Play for fun. You`re Looking at my gamer pic thinking "huh" i bet that guy is Irish, Well i can reveal, you ain`t wrong
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 March 15 at 14:58
    CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.i agree with you whats the point in buying an xbox day 1 when everyone else gets the bonus free contents before they buy the xbox one all we got was no games a shitty unfinished product for like 1 and a half i'll never buy day one again i feel so ripped off
  • MemoMemo355,599
    Posted on 03 March 15 at 15:06
    CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.I totally disagree. Maybe it's because I'm not a relentlessly negative person, but I see it as a shrewd move. Enabling Xbox 360 users to queue the games they will then "own" (but can't play without getting an Xbox One) will give plenty of those users the incentive to upgrade.
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
  • Posted on 03 March 15 at 15:12
    CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.I don't see how giving people games for a console they don't own would keep them from holding out on buying said console. That would just encourage them more.
    Don't be a lemon, be a rose bud.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 March 15 at 15:12
    LuckyConquerer2 said:CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.Please explain that logic. I see it as a good idea. Many people will see that they can now get X1 games to their account, even if they don't have the X1. They will be advertising the game on the dashboard, along 360 GWG. It will get people thinking about buying the the X1 as they are queuing games to download.

"Ooh, I want to get an X1 soon but may not have a lot of games. Oh, I can get this game for free and many more as well! Let me reconsider purchasing this product."
    Let's just say I have this certain friend who is holding out on the one....I want him to get it because we have a man crush on each other and I want to play games with him and chat and do bromanctic things together.....but I know when he sees this he will think " sweet, now I can holdout longer" .....which breaks my bromantic heart cry
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 March 15 at 15:15
    OfficerBarbrady said:CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.I don't see how giving people games for a console they don't own would keep them from holding out on buying said console. That would just encourage them more.Well my first thought was.....say Xbox one is getting an amazing for free..... A person holding out really thinks that game is awesome....so they buy an Xbox one for it since they have been holding out forever, but now if anyone can download it....why buy now, just download and wait.....also I had no idea you could do this already via Xbox.com
  • TyphonTyphon512,649
    Posted on 03 March 15 at 15:17
    Best ln Philly said:CounterInsurgnt said:Horrible idea IMO.....all it does is give those people holding out even note reason to hold out....from a business perspective, its not a great idea.Anyone who has held out for a year and a half is smart enough to realize the Xbox One is not an improvement over the 360.

I rarely play on my Xbox 1, but I buy *EVERYTHING* that goes on sale. Because I know one day the 360 will be shut down and I will be forced to play on the inferior console.

This saves me the hassle on setting up my Xbox One. I'm happy with this.
    Inferior in what way? I'm presuming you have a reason other then the standard "the apps take seconds away from my life blah blah blah".

OT should be handy for those still yet to upgrade.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads