Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

New Content Coming for Shovel Knight- UPDATE

• LeonThePlumLeonThePlum131,318
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 19:42
    This is old news...basically most of the bosses will be added as playable characters
    High functioning engineer at your service
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl899,882
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 19:43
    Cool! This looks really cool!
    Gaming since 1990!
  • qDirtyBryanpqDirtyBryanp1,062,889
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 19:45
    Yes Yes and one more Yes... this game is incredible
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,612,976
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 19:52
    I'm really excited to try this. I actually did pick it up on Steam, but haven't touched it yet.

By the way, there's a TON more ID@Xbox games that were announced at GDC. I'm sure the newshound team is working on putting articles together, but just in case there's a video on the xbox youtube channel for each game. I saw about 30 trailers for games I hadn't even heard of.
  • Posted on 04 March 15 at 20:12
    I have this on Wii U, it's a very good game. Definitely a must play for any platform.
  • burnthelambburnthelamb453,188
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 20:15
    One of the few indie games that is worth the hype.
    I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign!
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan1,360,516
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 20:24
    I'm so glad I helped by pledging/donating money to this kickstarter project, I loved this game so much, enjoyed it a lot on PC~

Gonna have fun times with the Battletoads in the Xbone version too~ :3

Also I'm (sort of) in the game too~
    https://twitter.com/VixyNyan/status/565188682534371328
    Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,440,697
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 20:25
    I was so pissed when I heard PS3 and PS4 were getting this game.

I love my Wii U but damn I just wanted this game on Xbox so everytime I play I'm just like ehhhh

BUT NOW I FINALLY GET THIS GAME ON THE ONE! ABOUT DAMN TIME TOO!
  • pommer299pommer299348,100
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 20:42
    I've wanted to play this for a really long time, so it's exciting to hear that it's coming to Xbox One. I could have played it on my 3DS, but that poor thing just gathers dust these days laugh
    Twitter: @MarcC_29 | PSN: MarcC_29
  • NYImpact414NYImpact414118,527
    Posted on 04 March 15 at 21:02
    Heck yea!! Been wanting to play this for a while now, but I only have Xbox consoles/PC.
  • Posted on 04 March 15 at 22:12
    I'm a little confused. When the author says Battletoads is coming with Shovel Knight does that mean that the XB1 version will include a port of the old NES game or that the Battletoads will be playable characters in the Shovel Knight adventure.
    I'm sure the answer is obvious, I just don't see it clearly. It could be from lack of sleep at the moment.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 March 15 at 01:37
    I'm sorry, did you say BattleWHAAAAAAAAAT?
  • Posted on 05 March 15 at 01:55
    I bought this on Steam a while ago and I never understood the hype. It is an easily beatable average platformer at best.
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,746,384
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 05:25
    Wow no complaints about retro graphics yet? InB4 those happen. Looking forward to this one :)
    Goal: 500,000gs with 500 total games, 100% including all DLC. Deadline: 1-1-16.
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl899,882
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 06:39
    Mak Me A Samich said:I'm a little confused. When the author says Battletoads is coming with Shovel Knight does that mean that the XB1 version will include a port of the old NES game or that the Battletoads will be playable characters in the Shovel Knight adventure.
    I'm sure the answer is obvious, I just don't see it clearly. It could be from lack of sleep at the moment.
    "will also be coming to Shovel Knight when it hits Xbox One."

Playable characters (imo) toast
    Gaming since 1990!
  • HalderHalder498,611
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 13:02
    LifeExpectancy said:Wow no complaints about retro graphics yet? InB4 those happen. Looking forward to this one :)Looks like a NES game! what a pile of rubbish......
    :)
  • boldfoxrdboldfoxrd515,376
    Posted on 06 March 15 at 00:35
    BATTLETOADS :) :) :)
    rdenton85 that is my ps3 id
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator289,465
    Posted on 06 March 15 at 17:08
    I'm definitely jumping on this one :D
  • Posted on 09 March 15 at 05:21
    halder001 said:LifeExpectancy said:Wow no complaints about retro graphics yet? InB4 those happen. Looking forward to this one :)Looks like a NES game! what a pile of rubbish......
    :)
    Specifically, it looks a LOT like Wizards and Warriors for the NES, from 1987. I suppose Battletoads is an appropriate addition to such a game, considering the datedness of the graphics. I love retro games, but it seems they could have put some extra effort into the appearance on the new consoles. Volgarr looks a lot better, even though it also aims for the same aesthetic. I'm still going to give it a chance, the positive buzz around this game is just too intense not to look past the graphics and see for myself how it actually plays.
    Your financial solution
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads