Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ubisoft Announces Assassin's Creed Chronicles

• Posted on 31 March 15 at 23:12
    Well, at least these look like XBLA games and not full blown disc games, so at least they price point when they release should be $15 (I hope) and then i'll pick them up when they are on sale.

But why 2.5D? I mean Liberty was a fun XBLA Assassin's Creed game to play. It was just a shorter version of the retail releases. You can keep the graphics the way they are, as it reminds me of Prince of Persia and I loved the way that game looked. But this is gonna be more like a side scroller then the open world that we are all used to. I'm not sure i'm liking that. It reminds me to much of that bad Assassins Creed game that was on the DS.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 March 15 at 23:12, Edited on 31 March 15 at 23:15 by
    Skate 323 said:I thought the Assassins Creed Chronicles: China was supposed to be dlc to unity. And everyone that had originally bought the season pass before it got pulled would be able to download it for free.It was always going to be a standalone title for purchase but it was also included in the season pass for Unity probably as some kind of promotional thing for the Chronicles games. If you bought the season pass while it was available then Chronicles: China will be free for you while the India and Russia ones must be purchased separately.
  • Skate 323Skate 3233,505,609
    Posted on 31 March 15 at 23:17
    Ahh ok thanks for the clarification Son of Kyuss :)
  • Posted on 31 March 15 at 23:32
    Lets all be real here...assassins creed died after brotherhood...this is just the annoying continuance of a series wayyyyy too long. IV is good but its to out of the way to count...please give up ubisoft...gice us more rayman or something...but dont screw that up too
  • Funky MonkeeFunky Monkee1,909,632
    Posted on 31 March 15 at 23:31
    The games look alright, but holy crap, haven't they milked this cow enough yet? THREE MORE GAMES announced in one day? Wtf Ubisoft.
  • Posted on 31 March 15 at 23:35
    Ubisoft, this is getting ridiculous.
    I can see your monkey.
  • SangriazSangriaz5,937,942
    Posted on 31 March 15 at 23:49
    This looks really good. I was thinking that it would be just more of Assassin's Creed with a different lead character and setting, but this 2.5D platformer is a pleasant surprise to me.
  • Posted on 31 March 15 at 23:59
    I only feel annoyed whenever I see a new AC announcement lately and that makes me so sad. I used to really look forward to these games and now... eh. :(
  • MaesenkoMaesenko340,757
    Posted on 01 April 15 at 00:25
    I, for one, am looking forward to more of this lore. It's like any good setting, be it a D&D campaign, or a work like A Song of Ice and Fire, or Lord of the Rings. There's more than just the main story, there's background, side stories, etc. It creates a more believable world, one that is living and breathing.

While I do agree that they are pumping out games at a rapid rate, it's something that I look forward to playing and investing time into whenever a new one comes out.
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • matdanmatdan862,899
    Posted on 01 April 15 at 00:31
    Can they not give it a rest? I was burnt out after AC3 and took me a year and AC4 being free on the marketplace a month ago to bother with it. I feel like they know that everyone can see it being milked, they just don't care. Now they just throw out lame games to keep the money train going. I remember Ezio and Altair the most as the rest are rather forgettable.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 April 15 at 00:38, Edited on 01 April 15 at 00:41 by
    This is turning in to a yearly event, our annual AC release. Boring now.

Assassins Creed's had more babies than Britany Spears.
    Why does Darth Vader need an apprentice to do his bidding? Doesn't the idiot know how to use eBay...
  • Posted on 01 April 15 at 01:21
    n1ckKz said:This is turning in to a yearly event, our annual AC release. Boring now.

I can say the same thing about Call of Duty.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 April 15 at 01:26
    Unfcnbleevibl said:n1ckKz said:This is turning in to a yearly event, our annual AC release. Boring now.

True dat.
    Why does Darth Vader need an apprentice to do his bidding? Doesn't the idiot know how to use eBay...
  • UnveiledArkUnveiledArk775,262
    Posted on 01 April 15 at 01:36
    Unfcnbleevibl said:n1ckKz said:This is turning in to a yearly event, our annual AC release. Boring now.

at least COD has no game breaking bugs or crashes and entire reinstalls unlike AC
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414335,722
    Posted on 01 April 15 at 01:42
    Heh--looks like Ubisoft is the new Bungie.

Or, I guess 343i too.
  • JestingmeatJestingmeat645,589
    Posted on 01 April 15 at 01:54
    MisterGuyMan said:It irritates me that a series that started out with so much character diversity is relegating such rich settings like India and China to a minor side game. Meanwhile whereas the original trilogy had a Christian/Muslim in Altair and an American/Native-American in Connor all the main games are now apparently nothing but White people.Why on earth do you have to turn this into a race debate?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 April 15 at 02:01
    Jestingmeat said:MisterGuyMan said:It irritates me that a series that started out with so much character diversity is relegating such rich settings like India and China to a minor side game. Meanwhile whereas the original trilogy had a Christian/Muslim in Altair and an American/Native-American in Connor all the main games are now apparently nothing but White people.Why on earth do you have to turn this into a race debate?Don't you see the 'No Feeding' sign?

Anyway, I don't know what to think with AC anymore. I still need to beat unity but when I played the first mission or two I really wasn't impressed. These do look like a fresh take on the franchise though so I'm going to give them a shot (probably).
  • I Spiritus II Spiritus I211,651
    Posted on 01 April 15 at 02:24
    Can't wait :)
  • Posted on 01 April 15 at 02:32
    This looks amazing. Unity was a disappointment for me and I'm still waiting on Rogue to get a release on the X1. Keep them coming. A high five to Mr. Ubisoft and his pet Cash the cow.
  • Barker GuruBarker Guru683,551
    Posted on 01 April 15 at 02:33
    keep them AC games coming my way!
    Barker Guru www.twitter.com/BarkerGuru
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads