Forum for the Zombie Event 2016 Event

Questions about Leap Frog 2015

• MasTRE007MasTRE007129,279
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 12:52, Edited on 21 April 15 at 12:53 by MasTRE007
    Wordament (iOS) gives gamerscore yet does not count. Bug?
  • JblacqJblacq1,287,383
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 12:55
    MasTRE007 said:Wordament (iOS) gives gamerscore yet does not count. Bug?No, it doesn't give a timestamp.
  • theshadowtheshadow1,373,647
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,578,471
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 14:46
    Mr Granstaff said:With these inquiries, this made me wonder: does your achievements have to be scanned into TA as well as reflect properly on the Leap Frog details? I've noticed there's often a considerable delay between my achievements showing up on my friend feed versus displaying properly in the Leap Frog event hub.

Since I cut it extremely close yesterday, I figured I would ask this ahead of time versus waiting until after I was eliminated.
    The Leap Frog Event Hub (as well as GTASC and other contest hubs) updates once a minute, because GTASC was otherwise a massive drain on the site when it was updating real-time (or something like that). Anyway, the last update does occur as the period roll-over begins (it is on a minute, after-all), so if you scan in your last needed achievement at 23:59UTC, you will be safe as the site updates, then populates the leaderboard, all in one moment. You just won't see that you are safe on the leaderboard til you are through to the next period since you waited so long you really should never consider yourself safe wink
  • Posted on 21 April 15 at 14:55
    ^ Ah, gotcha. Thank you for the clarification.

Yeah, I left work later than usual that evening, so I don't normally procrastinate my safety like that. laugh

I suppose in my rushed, panicked state, it certainly seemed like the update took longer than a minute! :)
    Rollus Tidus
  • Chad and JessieChad and Jessie1,709,575
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 15:31
    MaDDaWQ said:
    EmG v SprayZz said:
    It appears to be this achievement which is for a DLC I don't even own and was apparently earned yesterday? So confused right now facepalm

Project SparkSorcerer SavantThe Sorcerer Savant achievement in Project Spark worth 77 pointsReach Level 20 with Seph.
    That achievement randomly unlocked for other people as well when the DLC, or actually Title Update first appeared.
    Weird, but i guess it has something to do with the latest update.
    Basically, the contest is looking at your achievement change total between the period start and the period end. It does exclude the app achievements we have mentioned in the FAQ, but it will include these title update spontaneous unlocks that happen on the One. I've had this multiple times where I game gets more achievements, and if I've already previously meet the achievement requirements for these new achievements, they will sometimes unlock.
    DementedSquire7 said:
    I think this contest is pretty awesome :-) - just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Thank you and thanks to EVERYONE for the kind words and support. I too am having a great time. For now, I'm seeing how long I can hang in without starting anything new.
    ciccio2aone said:
    Hi ! I've just been eliminated although my wall says I unlocked 6 achievements on the 21st. The last one was really just at the time limit.

Can someone check this?

Thanks.
    I personally don't have access to view when the site scans gamers profiles, but if the last achievement you needed to remain in the contest was earned just at the time limit, my guess would be that the achievement weren't scanned onto the site until after the time period ended. Your friends feed will show the achievements based on the time stamps, but because the contest elimination happens at midnight UTC time, ONLY what is currently scanned to the site counts towards your total. Please remember everyone to use your force scans wisely and well timed.

MARCHEEZY84 said:
    WebChimp UK said:
    MARCHEEZY84 said:
    Live went down in the last 10 min of play. I couldn't upload my last 2 achievements. Any help with that or am just out?
    Which two achievements were you having issues with? Was it the Sharing Is Caring in Kinect Adventures and Recording Artist in Kinect Adventures achievements?
    yes those two. i couldn't log into live to upload for my achievement. it finally came back up 6 minutes after time was up. totally not cool.

Is there a way to correct this?
    Unfortunately no. Looking at the two achievements you mentioned, they were earned AFTER the period ended. Please remember that the contest is running on the UTC time zone, which may be different then your time zone. Earning these after the contest period ended caused your elimination.

Mr Granstaff said:
    With these inquiries, this made me wonder: does your achievements have to be scanned into TA as well as reflect properly on the Leap Frog details? I've noticed there's often a considerable delay between my achievements showing up on my friend feed versus displaying properly in the Leap Frog event hub.

Since I cut it extremely close yesterday, I figured I would ask this ahead of time versus waiting until after I was eliminated.
    Just to expand on what was already stated... Yes, you do need the achievements to be scanned to the site before the end of the period, but no you don't have to visually see them on the leaderboard. However, for piece of mind I wouldn't suggest leaving force scanning to the final couple of minutes, just in case there's a backlog on your scanner or something. I personally like to leave a 'comfort bumper' of at least 5 minutes on my scans and I also prefer to see the 'Safe' on the leaderboard page too...just for peace of mind. smile
  • Posted on 21 April 15 at 15:49
    ^ Me too! I'm all about that peace of mind. laugh As I might have said already, I normally don't wait until the last minute like that and due to the difficulty of a certain game, earning achievements for this contest took almost too much time.

If I want to last a little while longer, I'm going to have to have a backup plan. I imagine I was just too dang persistent with this one achievement and didn't want to move on. :)
    Rollus Tidus
  • Sammler 360Sammler 360497,744
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 16:00
    Beth Bear said:Not sure why but I am at the bottom of the leader board with minus 20 achievements.

I have noticed the counter going a bit crazy but never into minus figures.
    This bug is still active with a counter of -18 achievements for Beth Bear.
    It would be awful, if she goes out in 8 hours, because of this bug.
  • xx Kenshira xxxx Kenshira xx1,767,094
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 16:17
    There are a few of us in this comp, that haven't been smashing 20-50 achievements a day. Because we've been saving those games for later in the comp.
  • MARCHEEZY84MARCHEEZY84270,334
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 17:06
    Do to xbox live not allowing me to log in I have croaked. Good luck to all who are still in and be mindful of your time. Don't end up like me on the sidelines because of a glitch so to speak.wave
  • Sammler 360Sammler 360497,744
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 17:17
    Sammler 360 said:Beth Bear said:Not sure why but I am at the bottom of the leader board with minus 20 achievements.

I have noticed the counter going a bit crazy but never into minus figures.
    This bug is still active with a counter of -18 achievements for Beth Bear.
    It would be awful, if she goes out in 8 hours, because of this bug.
    Everything is normal now. The bug is away. :-)
  • Fear The PeopleFear The People1,248,678
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 17:37
    Does the counter on the homepage have a delay or something? im fairly sure i earned 8 achievements within the last 16 hours but yet it says 5 achievements won, 2 more required
  • Chad and JessieChad and Jessie1,709,575
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 17:40, Edited on 21 April 15 at 17:40 by Chad and Jessie
    Fear The People said:Does the counter on the homepage have a delay or something? im fairly sure i earned 8 achievements within the last 16 hours but yet it says 5 achievements won, 2 more requiredYes it does have a delay. The leaderboard for all contest are only updated about every minute or so and the homepage is derived from the leaderboard. This means what you see on the Leap Frog box on your homepage is not in real time. Give it a few minutes and you should see this up-to-date.
  • WebChimp UKWebChimp UK660,225
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 17:42, Edited on 21 April 15 at 17:43 by WebChimp UK
    Fear The People said:Does the counter on the homepage have a delay or something? im fairly sure i earned 8 achievements within the last 16 hours but yet it says 5 achievements won, 2 more requiredThe data displayed in the panel is derived from the contest leaderboards, which are rebuilt roughly every minute or so. This means there is a slight delay, but it shouldn't be too long.

Edit: ninja'd. laugh
  • Fear The PeopleFear The People1,248,678
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 17:45
    Chad and Jessie said:Yes it does have a delay. The leaderboard for all contest are only updated about every minute or so and the homepage is derived from the leaderboard. This means what you see on the Leap Frog box on your homepage is not in real time. Give it a few minutes and you should see this up-to-date.Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'ts 4am and i want to go to bed without any worries of being knocked out the competition when i wake up laugh

Thanks for replying so quick and thanks for the awesome contest :) It's a lot of fun smile
  • Posted on 21 April 15 at 18:03
    I think you need to repost the rules for people and perma fix it to the homepage, to many people moaning about being knocked out and turns out they never read the rules! I for one am enjoying this contest, doubt ill be in it till the end but its the taking part that counts. Thanks TA ??

P.s the people as well waiting last minute then moaning that they wernt scanned on time!!!
  • WJS OsirisWJS Osiris974,224
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 18:49, Edited on 21 April 15 at 19:12 by WJS Osiris
    To some last minute might be all they have. Then again if you didnt have enough time in your day this early what hope did you have of winning, or lasting the 2 months or so im sure this thing will go. So im not sure what all the fuss is about.

Would also like to thank the organizers and helpers, it is/was great idea and its been fun.
  • ElyohElyoh1,100,923
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 19:21
    They could repost the rules 100 times, the same people wouldn't read them and those same people would be here complaining. It's the nature of the beast laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • KarenMack87KarenMack87177,825
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 20:33
    Yeah I been doing most of mine last min as it's only time I can get on xbox.

I'm going to 'croak' out tonight. Already struggling for time to get the number per day so letting myself croak out so I can work on other goals. Was fun though and good luck to everyone still playing! Can see it lasting a while based on leader board!
  • SpazpolSpazpol1,248,742
    Posted on 21 April 15 at 20:35
    There are rules to this? What is the link? Whatever, reading is stupid anyways....
    Just because you're necessary, doesn't mean you're important....
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads