Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Destiny Twitch Feed Shows The Reef And New Content

• Nexus GruntNexus Grunt162,221
  • Posted on 25 April 15 at 21:48
    Whoopee!
    Heroes never die.
  • Posted on 25 April 15 at 22:55
    I really couldn't care less about any more promos or a twitch fees - just release it already!

Every Destiny player I know has bored of the last dlc for a couple of months now.
    Disclaimer: copious amounts of sarcasm may be included in the above post.
  • BegFourMercyBegFourMercy1,271,812
    Posted on 25 April 15 at 23:12
    Yes please unlock the on disc content that we had to pay extra for.
  • Posted on 25 April 15 at 23:18
    I need that game !!!
  • vSullyvSully1,297,491
    Posted on 25 April 15 at 23:51
    BegFourMercy said:Yes please unlock the on disc content that we had to pay extra for.You've got 1237 hours on the Xbox one version. Are you trying to say that you didn't get your moneys worth from the content they included for $60 ($75 factoring in TDB)?

Seriously – how many other games have you played for over 1000 hours? I'll bet not very many. Do you bitch at them about content per dollar?
  • Posted on 26 April 15 at 00:44
    vSully said:BegFourMercy said:Yes please unlock the on disc content that we had to pay extra for.You've got 1237 hours on the Xbox one version. Are you trying to say that you didn't get your moneys worth from the content they included for $60 ($75 factoring in TDB)?

Seriously – how many other games have you played for over 1000 hours? I'll bet not very many. Do you bitch at them about content per dollar?
    So you like having disc base content locked, so you can pay for it later even though you technically own it.... interesting.
  • KhimarhiKhimarhi449,665
    Posted on 26 April 15 at 01:46
    You don't technically own any of the on disc content either. Its an online game and subject to change. Online games you basically buy access.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 April 15 at 03:50
    vSully said:BegFourMercy said:Yes please unlock the on disc content that we had to pay extra for.You've got 1237 hours on the Xbox one version. Are you trying to say that you didn't get your moneys worth from the content they included for $60 ($75 factoring in TDB)?

1000 hours? Are you actually assuming that that guy played that much? Because I can guarantee you're in the minority. Even the clever incentives are not enough for most people to keep repeating the same bounties/strikes/2 raids over and over and over.
  • matdanmatdan862,905
    Posted on 26 April 15 at 03:58
    Major Agnostic said:vSully said:BegFourMercy said:Yes please unlock the on disc content that we had to pay extra for.You've got 1237 hours on the Xbox one version. Are you trying to say that you didn't get your moneys worth from the content they included for $60 ($75 factoring in TDB)?

1000 hours? Are you actually assuming that that guy played that much? Because I can guarantee you're in the minority. Even the clever incentives are not enough for most people to keep repeating the same bounties/strikes/2 raids over and over and over.
    I hate to point out the obvious but there is such a thing called stats:
    Played for 1237 hrs 44 mins

Are you actually assuming without bothering to actually check the stats that he didn't?
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 April 15 at 04:05
    matdan12 said:Major Agnostic said:vSully said:BegFourMercy said:Yes please unlock the on disc content that we had to pay extra for.You've got 1237 hours on the Xbox one version. Are you trying to say that you didn't get your moneys worth from the content they included for $60 ($75 factoring in TDB)?

I hate to point out the obvious but there is such a thing called stats:
    Played for 1237 hrs 44 mins

Are you actually assuming without bothering to actually check the stats that he didn't?
    I was not aware of this function. However, the number of hours played doesn't dismiss his point. The number of hours he played doesn't = the amount of content. As I mentioned, this game has good incentives that manage to mask the lack of content and repetitiveness of the game.
  • KontonnoKontonno366,202
    Posted on 26 April 15 at 04:37
    People still care about Destiny? Well, call me shocked.
  • Posted on 26 April 15 at 04:48
    As much as I like the idea of upgrading past weapons & New gear, that's about all I found interesting. The overall dlc just sounds like the queens wrath bounties on steroids, and until I see more about this so called "expansion pack" ( disc locked content ) I'm going to withhold my purchase.
    The Crimson knight
  • Posted on 26 April 15 at 05:25
    Looking forward to getting back into it!
    LTspeirs
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,176,350
    Posted on 26 April 15 at 05:57
    the whole lack of content thing really confuses me. How many single player games that have a ton of side quests and other content can you play for more than 70-80 hours AT MOST without getting bored and repetition setting in? If a game like Destiny gives you 1000 (!!!!!) hours, you have no grounds to bemoan its "lack of content" since you're getting SOMETHING out of it to keep you coming back, whether its RNG loot or the fun shooting mechanics. It doesnt matter if the amount of content is lacking in this instance.

My second favorite game of 2014 was Dragon Age Inquisition, and I played it for 100 hours or so. I didn't have a blast those whole 100 hours. A lot of that time was spent doing a bunch of bullshit ass fetch quests and grinding out XP. My favorite game of 2014 was Titanfall. No side quests, no real campaign to speak of....but you know what? I must've played that goddamn game at least 200-300 hours, and I LOVED every single second of it. I still jump in from time to time. Meanwhile, I traded in Dragon Age because once that single player campaign was done and all the meaningful side quests were completed...whats the point? Its done. Theres nothing else to do.

TLDR; multiplayer online only games have a much longer shelf life than single player games with "content" imo.
  • KitsurawKitsuraw298,852
    Posted on 26 April 15 at 06:35
    Even the devs know how mediocre and boring there game is they show like zero enthusiasm over any new content. Its pretty funny it took them 48 mins to showcase literally 5 mins of content.
  • Posted on 26 April 15 at 09:42
    Or i can not pay for this rip-off content. And play neverwinter instead and smite. Which actually have more content off the bat then destiny!! By at least 10x. And the fact i dont even have to pay anything everything is reasonably earnable.toast and then the free expansions. =D. Also Onigiri will be available soon. =D im afraid i dont need a dead-beat game like destiny. But to those who enjoy it. Hope you have fun.toast
    castaway
  • IsThisDustinIsThisDustin163,696
    Posted on 26 April 15 at 12:11
    I'll be playing The Witcher 3 on May 19th.
  • DAMOIZGODDAMOIZGOD270,378
    Posted on 26 April 15 at 13:43, Edited on 26 April 15 at 13:45 by DAMOIZGOD

http://destinystatus.com/xbl/BegFourMercy

He's actually only had 540 hours of active game time.

In contrast I've had 650 hours active time played. I've done over 150 raids.. and there are only 2 raids... I have every raid item and every exotic in the game apart from one piece of exotic armor. I stopped playing a few weeks ago but there's just not enough content. For an MMO to have this little content it's pretty sad.

I spent many more hours than this on Guild Wars which was a pc MMO and never even finished one character. Yea I got my necromancer to max level but I hadn't unlocked all his spells and such and I didn't even have much time to dabble with the other character types of which there were more than 3 because there was so much more content on Guild Wars than there ever will be on Destiny. I didn't have to keep repeating the same missions because there were lots of them and the storyline was actually good.

Destiny has been such a dissapointment I'm not sure I will go back. 600 hours spent or not I do not feel I got my moneys worth. The expansions for Guild wars added entire campaigns and new character classes where as Destiny added the dark below, 3 hours of content which you have to keep repeating until you're bored todeath of the game. End game content you can solo... What is that shit? this was meant to be a uniquie multiplayer experience and I feel let down.

Sorry if this comes across as a rant but I irritates me when people defend this shitfest of a game. The DLC in England costs £35 for the season pass and I really don't feel we are getting £35 worth of gameplay. I'm not one to moan about DLC either I'd happily buy every bit of borderlands DLC and Kharacter packs for Mortal Kombat because I feel there is enough in them. Destiny on the other hand... Which costs even more. Definately is not.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,367,734
    Posted on 26 April 15 at 16:30
    My biggest complaint with the DLC for Destiny is that you barely need it. There are no new achvs tied to it, and people without the dlc can still take advantage of the level cap increases and new weapons and armor. For what they are charging, there really should be more behind the "pay wall"...

I essentially got the expansion pass for free, and many people got the game for 360 and received the One version free, so I know not everyone feels " ripped off". That being said, I play a bit every week hoping to get specific items and to prepare for the new dlc, but I find plenty of other games more enjoyable.

I don't understand the "it's on the disc" arguments, as the changes clearly have taken the game in another direction from how it launched. Maybe the environment is on the disc, but I don't think we would be needing GB after GB of updates and patches to simply unlock something that was already installed.
    Look at me so I can finish!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads