Game Discussion: Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

Possible Glitch for Achievements? (Good Glitch)

• Posted on 25 May 15 at 13:51
    Huh. It worked with a different dummy account but not my main dummy. Interesting.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 25 May 15 at 16:36
    I only got Into the fire and Sniper duel.
    I was hoping to get return to sender and The End?, but its better than nothing.
  • Posted on 25 May 15 at 18:42
    I got most of the last hard achievements except the one for going into the End Portal... lol. That's my last one now.
  • Holiday9357Holiday9357618,889
    Posted on 25 May 15 at 23:54
    I got "Sniper Duel" and "Into the Fire" on my first go with my first dummy account.

I then did the same with my second dummy account to no avail, but I signed in and out with my main account a total of three times per Rockin Gamer752's suggestion.

Tried the first dummy account again, nothing there either.
  • Timww572Timww5721,342,209
    Posted on 26 May 15 at 01:04
    It didn't work the first time I tried, but I recovered my tag and tried again and got one of the achievements
  • Raven 80 NLRaven 80 NL458,753
    Posted on 05 June 15 at 05:38
    I got Sniper and Return to Sender. Wasn't looking forward to doing those two achievements.

I started the game on my dummy account, started a new world, and brought my main account into the game, by pressing start and signing in, and those two popped.

Dummy doesn't need to be a gold-account. Silver works fine.

The Guest Sign-in didn't not work for me. Not sure if you can even start with it at all, probably not :)
  • Planet ChuckPlanet Chuck333,355
    Posted on 06 June 15 at 20:38, Edited on 06 June 15 at 20:41 by Planet Chuck
    I've gotten 13 achievements to unlock with multiple log ins (it has worked 6 different times, so far). This is how I did it...

Step 1. Create a new world with a dummy account

Step 2. Press start on controller 2, and THEN sign in with your main account (do NOT sign in, before you join the game).

Step 3. Sign out with your main account.

Step 4. Repeat steps 2 & 3.

Just leave the dummy account idle with controller 1. You do not have to keep backing out, and resigning in with your dummy account, nor do you have to use multiple dummy accounts. One is enough. It won't work every time, but I promise it works. toast

I keep editing my post, because it keeps working! I'm even unlocking ones, that nobody has mentioned, so I'm thinking they can probably ALL be obtained with this method. dance

Passing the Time
    Sniper Duel
    Into Fire
    Return to Sender
    The End
    Adventuring Time
    The Haggler
    Stayin Frosty
    Pot Planter
    Have a Shearful Day
    Rainbow Collection
    Renewable Energy
    Zombie Doctor
  • ZuawgZuawg345,481
    Posted on 06 June 15 at 21:07
    I was only able to get it to work once for me, but I got

Zombie Doctor
    Iron Belly
    Enchanter
    Into Fire
    Return to Sender
    Sniper Duel

Regardless, nice find here.
  • Posted on 30 June 15 at 11:16
    So far i only got it to work once.

I got:

Into Fire
    Return to Sender
    Sniper Duel
    Local Brewery
  • Squalo FINSqualo FIN620,728
    Posted on 06 July 15 at 17:01
    I unlocked 5 achievements on first try and it didn't work anymore. Then I tried with my 2nd 360 and unlocked 8 more. dance So if you can try to use another console and see if it helps.
  • InspehInspeh111,445
    Posted on 19 July 15 at 06:57
    Still works.smileclap
  • NeoVampiroNeoVampiro478,750
    Posted on 31 July 15 at 06:13
    Yeah this still works have got 8 achievements out of it since :)
  • Darren XBLDarren XBL1,797,486
    Posted on 06 August 15 at 17:43
    Didn't work on this account.
  • Posted on 11 August 15 at 08:37
    My friend popped 15 achievements when he came over my house. I only popped 3 achievements :(
  • MattynicklinMattynicklin323,363
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 11:40
    I've only had it pop once th first time for 2 achievements tried other accounts nothing worked so it just seems to be a bit random.
  • Holiday9357Holiday9357618,889
    Posted on 06 September 15 at 00:49
    I just unlocked "Return to Sender" while following a similar course of action as those described by you all, even though I wasn't actively trying to exploit this glitch. Here are the steps I took which lead to my main profile having unlocked the achievement. (Note: I only had three achievements left in the game: "Passing the Time," "Chestful of Cobblestone," and "Return to Sender."

1. Loaded one of my main profile's worlds.

2. Turned on my second controller, pressed cn_A, and proceeded to sign in with my alternate profile. This signing-in process made the game quit out of my main profile's game (presumably because that game was an "Online" game, and my alternate account is not a Gold-enabled profile).

3. The game backed out to the main menu. My alternate account was still signed in to the second controller, and for some reason my main account was signed out without my having done so--the first controller (which my main account was signed into with/was attached to) was still on, however.

4. I signed back into my main account with the first controller. "Return to Sender" popped immediately.
  • bean is not probean is not pro1,292,331
    Posted on 22 September 15 at 14:03
    so i tried this yesterday with MY account (on my xbox of course), and it didn't work. note that i've hardly played minecraft 360.

i then tried with my friend's account, who has played a TON of minecraft both on the 360 and the x1, and it DID work. 5 achievements for 120.

i'm going to try bringing MY account to HIS xbox and see if that works. very strange.
  • ErunionErunion229,667
    Posted on 22 October 15 at 01:56
    I just got my last three signing in to play with my son. Interestingly, it worked even though I signed on before pressing start to join the game. (Also got a half-dozen of the other title update achievements the same way a few months back, but nothing since then until tonight.)
  • pezza888pezza888179,765
    Posted on 09 August 17 at 11:39
    Been trying this for a while (I'm late to the party I know), can't get anything to unlock, although "Passing the Time" randomly unlocked on my dummy account which is weird
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads