Forum for the Bean Dive 2023 Event

Bean Dive FAQ 2015

• BeanpotterBeanpotter1,995,230
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 11:25, Edited on 03 July 15 at 15:03 by Chad and Jessie
    dive Bean Dive 6, baby!!! dive

Welcome to the annual celebration of crazy with your most befitting host, Beanpotter wave

Backlog getting you down? Completion percentage just too damn high for your liking? Did you eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast? Well, this is the event for you.

Once again, over 1000 of you joined in last year and a couple of you managed to dive over 400 games which is just a whole other level of crazy. shock My own dive of 50 games still took me 10 months to recover from and I have no idea how many games I've bought and forgotten about this year but, as usual, it's always fun to find out.

The new hub is here: - Bean Dive 2015 where you can start your dive from. There's also a helpful thread here: - Bean Dive Guide - Version 2 which is a list of games and suggested quickest achievements in each.

I wish all participants the very best of luck in your Dives and the subsequent despair, regret and resentment of myself and my ridiculous plan to rule destroy your world of achievements. smile

The functionality of the hub and how to take part in the event remain the same so I shall repost most of the stuff from last years FAQ: -

When is Bean Dive 2015 happening?
    Officially, Bean Dive day is the 7th of July but we'd like as many people as possible to start on Saturday, 4th of July and, if you can't start then, the 'Event' will continue until the 14th of July (July 4th 0:00 (GMT +0) through to July 14th 23:59 (GMT +0)). You can still start a Dive after this point but it won't be included in the event stats.

What is a Bean Dive?
    The idea invites you to put all those backlog games you own onto your tag by popping a single achievement in each (or try to pop an absolute minimum), so you can stop pretending that they don't exist. Original thread here.

What’s the point?
    The idea behind it was to force you to play all those games you picked up in a sale or just never got around to playing. It also destroys your completion percentage. Hopefully, you'll take up the challenge to get it back up to it's pre-Dive glory before the next Dive rolls around. (You may accidentally get more than one achievement but this is ok.)

How do I join in?
    -To start your Dive, simply press the Start My Dive button on the event page.
    -This instantly starts Dive tracking and captures your stats at that exact moment.
    -When you start your Dive a 'Dive Started' message will appear in your feed.
    -ALL achievements in new games earned while Diving will be grouped into a single, expandable item on your feed.
    -You'll see a new 'Dive Summary' box on the right side of your home page, giving you various Dive-related information.
    (The Friend feed items and Summary box can all be turned off, if you want, by editing your Site Settings.)
    -All Dives will have their own Bean Dive page on the site which lists changes in stats and lists all the games Dived.
    -When you finish your Dive, go to that page and click Finish my Dive
    -You'll get a 'Dive Finished' message on your feed, listing the number of games Dived and the completion percentage drop.
    -As you recover, you'll get milestones to say how far you've come and, when you return to your pre-Dive completion percentage, you'll get another feed message to congratulate you.
    -Be absolutely sure you've finished your dive before you press the FINISH button as all recorded stats will be reset if/when you decide to start another.

What milestones do I get?
    Your Bean Dive recovery milestones will depend on how many achievements you require to recover your Dive. It works like this: -
    If you require less than 100, you get a single recovery FF message at 100% recovery.
    If you require 100 - 249, you'll get 2 recovery FF messages, one at 50% recovery and the other at 100% recovery.
    If you require 250 or more, you'll get 4 recovery FF messages, one for every 25% of recovery.

I've finished my Dive and want to do another one
    You ridiculous fool! But, ok, you can start another by clicking the Start My Dive button again but, to stop people from spamming Dives, you'll be limited to 4 a year.

More than 1 achievement popped when I started playing, does it still count?
    Yes. Although the idea is to pop as few achievements as possible and then move on to the next game, we know there are certain games where you can't help but pop multiple achievements when starting it, just try and keep it to a minimum, for maximum effect. 5 or more will prevent the game from being included in your dive stats.

Is there a minimum amount of games I need to make it a Dive?
    No, not really, but to make it worthwhile, I'd say make it at least 10 if you can. You can only 'Dive' games you've never gotten an achievement in before. So, you cannot 'Dive' DLC if you've already gotten achievements in the main game.

Enjoyment of this event is paramount. Beanpotter cannot be held responsible for your participation, even if he did actively encourage it. Repeatedly.
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,358
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 12:56
    Oh dear god not again, you're all bonkers wink
  • angelskangelsk1,459,042
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 14:07
    Woohoo!!

(I think you mean Saturday 4th July)

Is the bug fixed where previous bean dive would become "unfinished" when you went below the recovery percentage again?
  • Chad and JessieChad and Jessie1,706,403
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 14:18
    angelsk said:Woohoo!!

(I think you mean Saturday 4th July)
    Thank you! This was fixed above toast

Is the bug fixed where previous bean dive would become "unfinished" when you went below the recovery percentage again?I can't say with 100% certainty at this point, but it is something we're trying to get sorted.
  • angelskangelsk1,459,042
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 14:21
    Thanks
  • Posted on 27 June 15 at 14:27
    I have a bean dive in progress.. can I delete my actual and join this event?
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 14:49
    Double D Shox said:I have a bean dive in progress.. can I delete my actual and join this event?You can end your current Dive and start again if you want but obviously anything you've already Dived couldn't be counted again.
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • Posted on 27 June 15 at 15:20
    okay cool no problem! toast

where can I end my current one? cannot find this option? :/
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 15:24
    Ah, you've already 'ended' your current one and are on your way to completing it. You can simply start another if you want when the 4th of July rolls around.
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • Posted on 27 June 15 at 15:26
    oh nice good to know! thx mr. potter! toastsmile
  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,204
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 15:33
    I might actually join in this year. Nothing mental but might do a 10 or so just to feel like I'm involved. laugh
    TA Social Manager | Newshound | Game Info | Community & Events Team | @DaveKinetic
  • Posted on 27 June 15 at 15:39
    same here! laugh headspin
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,943,608
    Posted on 27 June 15 at 23:50
    Glad this starts Friday night for the US. I have a few games to dive...I'll be on perpetual dive until I get them done...Hopefully I can dive the ones I have been putting off for a few years. The ones I have attempted to dive in the past, but require completing the game, or playing far into the game...aka, they require more effort than starting the game and playing the tutorial.

I am in the process of counting up my games. I may not be able to add them all to 'my collection'...but I'll have fun after sorting them out.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • ErunionErunion229,667
    Posted on 28 June 15 at 02:30
    Now easier than ever if you put games in the new collection feature! I always have fun with this even if my attempted recovery tends to fail miserably.
  • HALLOWUSERHALLOWUSER176,677
    Posted on 28 June 15 at 03:48
    If I already started a dive earlier, like a couple days ago & still going, If it continues into the time frame of the event does it count or not?
    Mark a.k.a Hallowuser (Hallow for short)
  • Facial La FleurFacial La Fleur1,638,884
    Posted on 28 June 15 at 05:01
    If I've already reached my max of 4 in a year, will I not be able to participate in this one?
    Posted on 28 June 15 at 08:26
    HALLOWUSER said:If I already started a dive earlier, like a couple days ago & still going, If it continues into the time frame of the event does it count or not?No, I don't believe it will. You could end it and start again if you wanted but it wouldn't include anything you've already dived.

Facial La Fleur said:If I've already reached my max of 4 in a year, will I not be able to participate in this one?Probably not, sorry.
    Mame Tobikomi!
  • Posted on 28 June 15 at 17:57
    what happens if I bean dive a game with discontinued achievements.
    Posted on 28 June 15 at 18:13
    xDarkKnightx74 said:what happens if I bean dive a game with discontinued achievements.Then you'd be down that % I guess.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads