Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo 2 LASO Checkpoint, But Yet To Install Recent Updates?

• TheRealSWPTheRealSWP258,017
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 14:28
    Hi all. I don't really like asking questions like these but I've had a look around a ton of threads on here and have found a range of conflicting answers.

Anyway, I currently have the Halo 2 LASO checkpoint for the start of the final level. I received this about 5 months ago. I am yet to install the ODST update and probably haven't downloaded any patches for Halo MCC in around 3-4 months.

Basically, if I was to start the game up in offline mode and complete the final mission would this pop the achievement for completing the Halo 2 LASO playlist?

Many thanks,
    Sam.
  • YaziteYazite493,942
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 17:13
    Yes. If you complete it offline, then go back online and download the updates, in theory it should award you the achievement when you go back online. Many checkpoints were reset after downloading a patch in April (I think) so you're best to try it offline first anyway.
    Steam ID: EYazz
  • Adam J KirbyAdam J Kirby271,809
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 17:14
    It should pop offline for ya. I don't see any issue with you unlocking it offline, however, if you do go online and download all the patches, I'm not sure it will delete your LASO checkpoint. It seems that it deleted checkpoints for some but not for all, so it's a risky play. If you do decide to go the online route, hit me up on XBL and I'll run the last level with ya. Cheers and good luck!
  • Tide44Tide44637,035 637,035 GamerScore
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 17:44
    Hey, just to confirm this is how I got my LASO achievement, I noticed an update came out and still had Halo 2 to do, I went offline and completed the level LASO and came back online and it popped the achievement after about 7 mins, it was a stressful 7 mins lol, once my game data synced from the cloud I still had the checkpoint however due to the update it wouldn't let me load the level.
  • Posted on 02 July 15 at 18:40
    This pretty much answered it for me too, haven't yet updated to ODST and still have H2 & H4. So basically do it offline. Awesome =/

Would have had it done ages ago if coop worked!
  • Mr FiddlerMr Fiddler522,842
    Posted on 02 July 15 at 20:31
    Yeah it's fine for a short period. I believe all the achievement event data is cached if you are offline, though obviously any cache has a finite limit so presumably it could discard the oldest data over time.
  • Posted on 15 July 15 at 09:51
    Sooo... I've just completed Halo 2 Laso offline... omfg it just popped! Phew!

That was squeaky bum time as Tide says, quite stressful lol Awesome! I can finally look forward to playing Halo again when running the ODST update.

Does take a few minutes to register when going back online, so if anyone else finds themselves in this position, be patient =)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads