The Debating Chamber Forum

Forum for intelligent debate on possibly controversial topics related to gaming

Am i too old

AuthorMessage
Zoravette1
143,617
Zoravette1
143,617 TrueAchievement Points4 posts
Last post: 03 Dec 11 at 19:26
Posted on 06 October 10 at 06:52
While I am only 19, and have been playing since I was about 5 or 6, I got it from my dad originally. Nowadays, he doesn't play as much, but when he can, he will sit down and enjoy a good game. He is just about to be 51 and still enjoys it.
Golgo28
122,817
Golgo28 - Can't trust MS,their change of heart is too little too late.360 will be the last ms console i will ever own.
122,817 TrueAchievement Points1,378 posts
Last post: 20 Jun 13 at 06:46
Posted on 06 October 10 at 07:07
my dad used to really enjoy willow for the nes.to this day i'm stilll jealous he beat that game before me.but i did beat halo:reach on legendary before him.so now we're even ha.he's 50 yrs old and plays games on occasion.my 4 yr old son plays games,he's partial soul caliber IV.so thats three generations of gamers,but my son better not make it four untill he's at least 20.or i'll kick his butt.
hot damn i'm sexy
The Machine MRG - 1513 in favour and 3 against. Couldn't be any clearer, Argentina. Now stop whinging
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 3,057 out of 227,538102 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,091 posts
Last post: 05 Mar at 16:20
Posted on 06 October 10 at 15:41
Golgo28 said:my dad used to really enjoy willow for the nes.to this day i'm stilll jealous he beat that game before me.Ahh willow that brings back memories - classic. 1 up for your dad still though - willow was by far harder than reach on legendary ;-)
Golgo28
122,817
Golgo28 - Can't trust MS,their change of heart is too little too late.360 will be the last ms console i will ever own.
122,817 TrueAchievement Points1,378 posts
Last post: 20 Jun 13 at 06:46
Posted on 07 October 10 at 12:15
The Machine MRG said:Golgo28 said:my dad used to really enjoy willow for the nes.to this day i'm stilll jealous he beat that game before me.Ahh willow that brings back memories - classic. 1 up for your dad still though - willow was by far harder than reach on legendary ;-)i know i was 14 yrs by the time i finally beat willow,where my dad had beat it in a week.so if anything age and experience make you a better gamer.like wine,gamers get better with age.
hot damn i'm sexy
Curtieson
78,310
Curtieson - So far, Titanfall is all it was billed to be. Such chaos and fun!
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.5579Achievement Completion Percentage: 47.37% (Includes owned DLC) - 40 more achievements required to reach 48%1,117 posts
Last post: 15 Mar at 14:07
Posted on 07 October 10 at 20:32
idub76 said:Curtieson said:idub76 said:I'm 34.

I'll never give up gaming.
I'll never give up smoking weed.
I'll never give up reading comics.
I'll never give up porn.

Amen.
So I take it you aren't married?
Currently single but even when I've been in relationships I never stopped any of the above.

If you can't keep doing what you love doing when you're with someone who you love and who loves you back then you're doing it wrong.

(Yes, even porn.)
Not to turn this into a marriage thread...but since we are talking about old people and their hobbies I will comment on your 4 hobbies...

1) That is fine...I see it as ageless
2) Illegal things are usually for the younger...once you bring another person into the situation usually things of that risk go away. If both of you are into it...whatever, it is fine
3) Nothing wrong with that...
4) Nothing to do with an age...but pron is for a purpose...you get married to show your love for someone...become one and faithful...using/watching pron is lusting after another women/person/animal (I don't judge, haha)..which is a form of not being faithful.
LGS I Hitman
285,277
LGS I Hitman
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 3,270 out of 227,538Achievement Completion Percentage: 70.10% (Includes owned DLC) - 103 more achievements required to reach 71%1,397 posts
Last post: 15 Apr at 18:14
Posted on 07 October 10 at 20:45
^ i read about in the sun that couples often watch porn together to help their relationships and try new things but i think thinking about different people other than the person your going out with or married to is wrong as people see it as being unfaithful or you don't really love them.
Golgo28
122,817
Golgo28 - Can't trust MS,their change of heart is too little too late.360 will be the last ms console i will ever own.
122,817 TrueAchievement Points1,378 posts
Last post: 20 Jun 13 at 06:46
Posted on 09 October 10 at 05:06
i say if it gets the ole' lady's engines reved she can think about whoever she wants.she just can't touch anyone but me.
I'm your worst nightmare a educated man.
Force58 - I miss Master Chief!
94,153 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.3343457 posts
Last post: 16 Mar at 17:01
Posted on 09 October 10 at 10:01
Golgo28 said:The Machine MRG said:Golgo28 said:my dad used to really enjoy willow for the nes.to this day i'm stilll jealous he beat that game before me.Ahh willow that brings back memories - classic. 1 up for your dad still though - willow was by far harder than reach on legendary ;-)i know i was 14 yrs by the time i finally beat willow,where my dad had beat it in a week.so if anything age and experience make you a better gamer.like wine,gamers get better with age.I remember Willow the movie, but didn't know there was a game. I'll have to research that one.
Now I know NightStalker666 -- No more double-posting for me!
Golgo28
122,817
Golgo28 - Can't trust MS,their change of heart is too little too late.360 will be the last ms console i will ever own.
122,817 TrueAchievement Points1,378 posts
Last post: 20 Jun 13 at 06:46
Posted on 09 October 10 at 21:12
Force58 said:Golgo28 said:The Machine MRG said:Golgo28 said:my dad used to really enjoy willow for the nes.to this day i'm stilll jealous he beat that game before me.Ahh willow that brings back memories - classic. 1 up for your dad still though - willow was by far harder than reach on legendary ;-)i know i was 14 yrs by the time i finally beat willow,where my dad had beat it in a week.so if anything age and experience make you a better gamer.like wine,gamers get better with age.I remember Willow the movie, but didn't know there was a game. I'll have to research that one.it was on the original NES.it was a very obscure game,but was probaly the first movie tie-in game that was actually good.but it's publishers did make many copies,because they wanted to avoid the same disaster as the ET game did years prior.
I'm your worst nightmare a educated man.
xx GHOST 68 xx
121,635 TrueAchievement Points72 posts
Last post: 08 Jun 13 at 09:17
Posted on 10 October 10 at 08:56
I am nearly 42 and i wil keep gaming until the joints in my fingers can't play any moreheadspin
Linkster FTW
51,815
Linkster FTW - In keeping with tradition I don't think I will be collecting all 101 Borgia flags in AC: Brotherhood
51,815 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 51.92% (Includes owned DLC) - 3 more achievements required to reach 52%392 posts
Last post: 06 May 12 at 18:48
Posted on 10 October 10 at 12:17
Golgo28 said:i say if it gets the ole' lady's engines reved she can think about whoever she wants.she just can't touch anyone but me.I second this. Marriage is a bit like going to a really fancy restuarant. You spend ages looking at the menu, pick out the nicest dish and when it arrives at the table it looks delicious, yet you inevetibly look at what the person opposite you has got it always looks nicer and you wish you had ordered that laugh

Just to make a post on topic. No never too old for gaming.
[img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Linkster+FTW.jpg[/img]
ACrazyBlender - Canadians! Don't miss this, it's an incredible promotion: You can trade any of your games vs COD10/BF4/AC4 at FutureShop
30,399 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievements site promoter390 posts
Last post: 06 Aug 12 at 20:43
Posted on 10 October 10 at 13:23
Linkster FTW said:Golgo28 said:i say if it gets the ole' lady's engines reved she can think about whoever she wants.she just can't touch anyone but me.I second this. Marriage is a bit like going to a really fancy restuarant. You spend ages looking at the menu, pick out the nicest dish and when it arrives at the table it looks delicious, yet you inevetibly look at what the person opposite you has got it always looks nicer and you wish you had ordered that laugh

Just to make a post on topic. No never too old for gaming.
Wow. THIS, my friend, is awesome! clap
That French Canadian guy.
Golgo28
122,817
Golgo28 - Can't trust MS,their change of heart is too little too late.360 will be the last ms console i will ever own.
122,817 TrueAchievement Points1,378 posts
Last post: 20 Jun 13 at 06:46
Posted on 10 October 10 at 22:21
ACrazyBlender said:Linkster FTW said:Golgo28 said:i say if it gets the ole' lady's engines reved she can think about whoever she wants.she just can't touch anyone but me.I second this. Marriage is a bit like going to a really fancy restuarant. You spend ages looking at the menu, pick out the nicest dish and when it arrives at the table it looks delicious, yet you inevetibly look at what the person opposite you has got it always looks nicer and you wish you had ordered that laugh

Just to make a post on topic. No never too old for gaming.
Wow. THIS, my friend, is awesome! clap
you can tell the mods haven't looked in this thread since these post haven't been deleted for being off topic.lol

oh and i'll game till i die!
I'm your worst nightmare a educated man.
Beanpotter
356,709
Beanpotter - Beanpotter won 125 Achievements in 16 games, for a total of 3,126 TA (2,220 GS)   8 completions.
TrueAchievements AdministratorTrueAchievements Reported Content Manager10,079 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 23:46
Posted on 11 October 10 at 09:33
Golgo28 said:you can tell the mods haven't looked in this thread since these post haven't been deleted for being off topic.lolA little deviation is ok. Stray too far from the tracks, however, and a correction is sometimes neccessary.
VP of PR - GSSP.
Cormac
292,900
Cormac - Wow. I just read my Status History! Blown away.
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.6974Achievement Completion Percentage: 81.59% (Includes owned DLC) - 41 more achievements required to reach 82%1,986 posts
Last post: 14 Apr at 16:59
Posted on 13 October 10 at 22:54, Edited on 13 October 10 at 22:56 by Cormac
It's like the rules for Mallet's Mallet. Give us a Wacka-wave Tommy Boyd!

Edit:
I think if you understand that reference you're too old!
And yet he complained that his belly was not full.
The Machine MRG - 1513 in favour and 3 against. Couldn't be any clearer, Argentina. Now stop whinging
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 3,057 out of 227,538102 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,091 posts
Last post: 05 Mar at 16:20
Posted on 14 October 10 at 07:23
Cormac said:It's like the rules for Mallet's Mallet. Give us a Wacka-wave Tommy Boyd!

Edit:
I think if you understand that reference you're too old!
haha i definetly understood it, therefore - too old. Wacaday = classic
Cormac
292,900
Cormac - Wow. I just read my Status History! Blown away.
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.6974Achievement Completion Percentage: 81.59% (Includes owned DLC) - 41 more achievements required to reach 82%1,986 posts
Last post: 14 Apr at 16:59
Posted on 14 October 10 at 23:35
I should have said, too old AND British.

Michaela Strachan pre Hitman & Her = Classic
And yet he complained that his belly was not full.
Golgo28
122,817
Golgo28 - Can't trust MS,their change of heart is too little too late.360 will be the last ms console i will ever own.
122,817 TrueAchievement Points1,378 posts
Last post: 20 Jun 13 at 06:46
Posted on 17 October 10 at 02:51
Beanpotter said:Golgo28 said:you can tell the mods haven't looked in this thread since these post haven't been deleted for being off topic.lolA little deviation is ok. Stray too far from the tracks, however, and a correction is sometimes neccessary.good cause i'm bit of deviant,my collection of fetish items testify to that.hehe
I'm your worst nightmare a educated man.
mitchcraft1980 - deleting account bye bye [wave]
Donated to TrueAchievements.comTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.45264,049 posts
Last post: 04 May 13 at 22:20
Posted on 03 November 10 at 15:22
Im just turning 30 in over a month and i dont see my self as being too old, i was brought up playing video games and see it just as another form of entertainment like watching a movie etc

Look at the Wii, its pretty much marketed as a family console for everyone to play, not that i personally play the Wii but you know what im saying.

My uncle is 50 and still plays the xbox with my cuzins lol
Baxterstopman
159,717
Baxterstopman - Hey All!
Achievement Completion Percentage: 79.76% (Includes owned DLC) - 15 more achievements required to reach 80%3,235 posts
Last post: 05 Nov 13 at 16:58
Posted on 03 November 10 at 15:39
Linkster FTW said:I second this. Marriage is a bit like going to a really fancy restuarant. You spend ages looking at the menu, pick out the nicest dish and when it arrives at the table it looks delicious, yet you inevetibly look at what the person opposite you has got it always looks nicer and you wish you had ordered that laugh

Just to make a post on topic. No never too old for gaming.
This reminds me of a saying i like to use sometimes if im ever caught looking at another girl: Just because im on a diet, doesn't mean I cant look at the menu!
Sex is like air. It's not that important until you're not getting any

Account Settings

Xbox live settings will need to be set up in the following way to allow TrueAchievements to scan your gamertag.

1. Log into https://live.xbox.com

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.

My Account xbox.com

3. Scroll down to Settings and Preferences on the right hand side. Click on Privacy and Online Settings.

Privacy xbox.com

4. Scroll down to Privacy. You need to make sure that Profile Sharing and Game History is set to Everyone otherwise you will not be scanned.

Privacy Settings xbox.com

These simple steps will allow TrueAchievements to scan your profile and update your achievements.

×