Xbox Help Forum

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

Xbox 360 plays games but won't save to harddrive?

AuthorMessage
Zavistic
Zavistic - Today i beat my highest GamerScore earned in 1 month in only 3 and a half days. *Pats self on back*
388,356 TrueAchievement Points142 completed games(Includes owned DLC)401 posts
Last post: 03 Dec at 11:07
Posted on 12 October 10 at 04:32, Edited on 12 October 10 at 04:38 by Zavistic
I recently pre ordered Enslaved and when i got it in the mail and went to save to my harddrive it got to 2% and failed. So i decided to just play straight from the disc. I got all the way to 1000G without the game freezing or doing anything wrong. Does anybody know what's going on?

Short story, short?:
Games are playing 100% fine from the disc.
Games will not save to my harddrive.
I have 9.8GB free on my harddrive to save the games i'm trying to save.
I have tried about 4 different games which all have no marks on the discs.
FasterStrongerBetter.
Zavistic
Zavistic - Today i beat my highest GamerScore earned in 1 month in only 3 and a half days. *Pats self on back*
Posted on 12 October 10 at 04:39
Am open to any suggestions. Was going to get a lens cleaner but i don't think there is a problem with the lens?
FasterStrongerBetter.
LV 1 Blue Slime - Am I missing something here? downloaded XONE game from xbox.com and it doesn't show up in my Q.
278 solutionsRegistered on 10 May 2010 (Year 3 - gamma)6,122 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 21:24
Posted on 12 October 10 at 05:11, Edited on 12 October 10 at 05:12 by LV 1 Blue Slime
The only times I've had problems installing games is games that froze up or something similar.

Installing puts the entire game (or the vast majority of it) on the HDD. If you played it to 100% it doesn't necessarily mean your HDD is broken, it could mean that whatever info on the disc that wouldn't install never needed to be accessed when you were playing the game.

Maybe there was some secret area or something that you don't need to access for 100% and that was the corrupt part it couldn't install. I haven't played the game so I'm just throwing that out there, if it makes sense.
A Blue Slime appears!
Zavistic
Posted on 12 October 10 at 05:21
I have tried installing Modern Warfare 2, Brothers in Arms, Enslaved and Call of Duty World at War.

None of them make it past 10%. All the discs have no marks on them and play fine without saving to the harddrive.
FasterStrongerBetter.
LV 1 Blue Slime - Am I missing something here? downloaded XONE game from xbox.com and it doesn't show up in my Q.
Posted on 12 October 10 at 05:37, Edited on 12 October 10 at 05:39 by LV 1 Blue Slime
XNooodlesX said:I have tried installing Modern Warfare 2, Brothers in Arms, Enslaved and Call of Duty World at War.

None of them make it past 10%. All the discs have no marks on them and play fine without saving to the harddrive.
Oops. Somehow missed the "4 games" sentence D : my bad.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=629630

This person said he cleared the cache and power cycled his 360 and it worked. Last post.

Someone here said they took the HDD out and then blew into the spot where the HDD connects and it worked for him/her :

http://www.xbox360forum.com/xbox-forum/threads/98414-Games-W...

Post #13 on the second page. EDIT : Also, he mentions putting the 360 vertically. Maybe that helps?

Try that stuff, I'll see if I can't find some other suggestions.
A Blue Slime appears!
Zavistic
Posted on 12 October 10 at 06:11
I pulled the harddrive and all the cords from my xbox and wiped / blew into everything and when i plugged it back in it worked fine. THANKS FOR THE HELP! I can now get back to achievement hunting ;)
FasterStrongerBetter.
Posted on 12 October 10 at 06:17
XNooodlesX said:I pulled the harddrive and all the cords from my xbox and wiped / blew into everything and when i plugged it back in it worked fine. THANKS FOR THE HELP! I can now get back to achievement hunting ;)Well that's good because I couldn't find anything else XD

NOW GO HUNT DEM ACHIEVEMABLES!
A Blue Slime appears!