Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA's Create "Living Art" Trailer

• PerpaliciousPerpalicious170,676
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 21:43
    Ooooh! So pretty!

The amount of serene, laid-back, casual type games--like Braid--have been lacking on the Xbox 360. And why not? The "blast them to pieces" mentality generates some serious cash flow. But there's a game out there that might tickle the fancy of the gamer looking for a relaxing and creative experience.

Create, EA's new casual game, gives the gamer a "limitless experience" by providing an innumerable amount of possible creations. The gamer can solve puzzles and unlock rewards by creating "living art." If you've never heard of the game then here's the breakdown from EA:

In Create, use your creativity and imagination to unlock a world of play!

Create tracks your creativity and rewards you for it. The more you create, the more you unlock rewards and exciting challenges to play, opening a world of fun as you go.

Let your imagination run wild, as you create cool environments with easy-to-use tools, including animating objects, textures, and designs that bring your scene to life!

It's a limitless experience of creative expression paired with exciting and even wacky challenges that have you thinking on your feet to come up with creative solutions.
    If you have a hard time imagining what this game looks like then here is Create's new trailer named (rightfully so) "Living Art":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SimD-9SbeiI

Unfortunately, the trailer is missing some necessary game-play features such as puzzle solving or completion of challenges. There is a remedy, of course, but it is in the Wii trailer of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE9hzN6Z6-M

Create is set to launch in North America at the price of $39.99 on Tuesday, November 16th. For the UK, the game is set to be released on Friday, November 19th at the price of £24.99 (according to GAME).

If you're interested in seeing more of the game then check out the external link below.
  • Posted on 13 November 10 at 21:47
    Glad it's not £40 (not that i'll be buying it anyway) but it barely looks like a game.
  • Posted on 13 November 10 at 21:52
    What if this is how our life started out just as a video game created by a species more advanced, we could be doing the same thing. Then EA will be responsible for ending life as we know it in our "game" we created by shutting down the server.

And thats my theory on whats going to happen Dec. 21, 2012 our server will be shutdown.
  • Mr AlmondMr Almond403,041
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 21:55
    Just watched both trailers and I still don't see how this is a game.
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman1,593,876
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:01
    is it like little big planet?
  • cabuusecabuuse59,099
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:20
    did anyone else notice how horrible the physics were in the second trailer? I believe Mercenaries 2 had a better physics engine...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:22
    This looks lame as hell
    Sunny-fish melon jelly ballin' the jack!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:23
    Oh, so its the SIMs with no people and even less purpose. Got it.
    Unfcnbleevibl - Arrrrrrr, what about me booty
  • DroowidDroowid225,641
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:24
    Assuming it's just a drawing package and not much else... Some people do enjoy drawing and creating 'art' so this fits that but what about shadows? Nothing had shadows. No light source? Shadows man, shadows. Where are the Ninjas supposed to hide? Sam Fisher wouldn't get a single thing done. SHADOOOOOOWWWWWSSSS!

Ahem... Yes, carry on.
  • LeggatMeowLeggatMeow95,242
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:29
    LGS I Hitman said:
    Exactly what I thought after the trailer.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:36
    LeggatMeow said:
    LGS I Hitman said:
    Exactly what I thought after the trailer.
    No, its not like LBP its like sims. LBP is a lot cooler
    Sunny-fish melon jelly ballin' the jack!
  • Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:38
    Mstrofdashadows said:
    What if this is how our life started out just as a video game created by a species more advanced, we could be doing the same thing. Then EA will be responsible for ending life as we know it in our "game" we created by shutting down the server.

And thats my theory on whats going to happen Dec. 21, 2012 our server will be shutdown.
    I'm not going to lie this is proberbly the best thing I've ever read. Lol
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA355,966
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:56
    $39.99 plus $65 of DLC in the first 6 months
    DEVILS UMBRA
  • Posted on 13 November 10 at 22:56
    Michael12356 said:
    Mstrofdashadows said:

I'm not going to lie this is proberbly the best thing I've ever read. Lol
    If you don't have anything nice to say about a game make fun of EA in a creative way. laugh
  • Clubmau5Clubmau5174,845
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 23:07
    Fail
  • American RNAmerican RN341,096
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 23:16
    Personally I enjoy games that are not afraid to branch off and try something new. I will be giving the demo a try at the very least. Looks like a likely buy for me...
  • Team JuansTeam Juans433,390
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 23:24
    That looks cack.
  • zigs00zigs00217,575
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 23:48
    Been wanting a 360 LBP for a while, looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Very Sims-y in the customisation by the looks of it, which is no bad thing
  • NINja277NINja277494,681
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 23:54
    I like stuff that's new and different as much as the next guy but this looks like utter shizzit! As cabuse said the physics are god awful.
  • HucBerCranPerryHucBerCranPerry1,828,508
    Posted on 13 November 10 at 23:59
    looks like a kiddie game
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads