Game Discussion: Bulletstorm

**WARNING** Bulletstorm uses Online Pass gimmick

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 September 11 at 17:35
    can you obtain all the achievements without the online-pass?
  • HoffmanHoffman158,811
    Posted on 15 September 11 at 22:40
    Testave said:
    Yes you can. :)
    Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 September 11 at 13:01
    Hoffman said:
    Testave said:
    Yes you can. :)
    thank you. wink
  • WeisGuy9WeisGuy9776,090
    Posted on 28 October 11 at 13:48, Edited on 28 October 11 at 14:05 by WeisGuy9
    UnHoly One said:
    I don't see what the big deal is about this and other Online Pass type of deals.

They are trying to curb used sales by giving you incentive to buy new.

If the incentive is not enough for you, then it doesn't matter. If you were going to buy the game new anyway, it doesn't matter.

I just don't see how this really hurts anyone.

People nowadays all have this sense of entitlement, and feel like they are "owed" something or they deserve something for nothing. Well I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

These people are just trying to make money for their work. They aren't "ripping" off somebody who rented or bought used, because they didn't get money from that person anyway. They are just giving extra things to their real customers.

If you buy a new Car you get a warranty, maybe some freebies from the dealer. You don't see used car buyers all up in arms about how Chevy ripped them off because they don't get a warranty on their 10 year old car, do you?
    ^This.

Saint Devourer said:
    i don't get it. if you're renting a game, it's unlikely that you'll have it for more than a week, in which you'll be covered by the free online pass trial. if you bought it used, then why should the game company take care of you when they didn't make a single dime off of your purchase?
    ^And this.

You people also seem to forget that while the price of literally everything has skyrocketed over the past few years, the price price of a video game has not increased by a single penny. Four years ago the price of a loaf of bread was $1. Today it's over 2$. Four years ago the price of a video game was $60. Today it's still $60. Go ahead and boycott EA if you want. When we lose one of the largest video game distributors in the world, who do you think is going to want to take the risk of stepping in to fill that gap? All you'll accomplish is limiting the number of games you have access to and driving up the price of the ones that are left. It's called economics, fucktards. If companies don't make money, then they can't make the things that you like to buy. Just as you like to get paid for your labor, they like to get paid for their products. I think most distributors, including EA are being quite generous with gamers. They are giving you a bonus to buy new when they could actually be giving you a punishment for buying used. Read a few articles sometime about what the music industry is doing to people.
    Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • HoffmanHoffman158,811
    Posted on 28 October 11 at 14:18
    Where the hell do you shop Bud? I buy my bread for $.78 at Walmart. lol
  • WeisGuy9WeisGuy9776,090
    Posted on 28 October 11 at 14:48, Edited on 28 October 11 at 15:53 by WeisGuy9
    That's not real bread then - LOL. Just glue and wood pulp. Real bread is expensive. Or if you'd rather have a different example: Four years ago, a gallon of milk was about $1.50. Now it's close to $4.00.

As an additional thought:
    Before any of you wish ill fortune on EA, you should probably check your 401(k). You probably own some stock in Electronic Arts.
    Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 May 12 at 10:04
    Hey id thought i would add, but for me i bought mine used, tried to put the code in on a off chance, as i guessed USED, but it still lets me play online???
  • HoffmanHoffman158,811
    Posted on 02 May 12 at 21:45
    darkerbydesign said:
    Hey id thought i would add, but for me i bought mine used, tried to put the code in on a off chance, as i guessed USED, but it still lets me play online???
    The online pass was for extra content only. It was a poor choice for a content title.
  • Posted on 20 February 13 at 03:47
    Just picked this up preowned at Best Buy for $1.99 during their current sale. It was originally marked at $17.99. I also saved 10% off that being a premium Reward Zone member.

Good to hear that I can get all the achievements without the pass...
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads