Game Discussion: NBA 2K11

Help with My Player Mode - NBA 2K11

• Posted on 25 February 11 at 02:46, Edited on 25 February 11 at 05:34 by Hoffman
    Hi,
    I want to get all the my player achievements but this is the first baseketball game I've actually played, played. Not for achievements but to play. Seeing I haven't played a basketball game, I don't have a clue on how to get a good teammate grade, spend the skill points correctly, how properly shoot (everytime I do, it's a miss :/), etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to score a bunch of points and be a beast player but don't know how to get there. I know I can't at the start but trust me, I get way too frustrated over NBA 2k11 and I shouldn't be.
    Please help!

Thanks,
    HomieG54
  • HoffmanHoffman158,811
    Posted on 25 February 11 at 05:33, Edited on 25 February 11 at 05:33 by Hoffman
    My recommendation to you, having played it a while, is to do as many of the training sessions as you can, they really help you learn what you need to do to play. My player is a Center, and it's very hard for me to play like they want me to because I'm used to traditional bball games where you can ball hog all you want. I usually get a C+ / B- ranking, my highest has been A- once. It definitely takes practice, but if you'd like to play online with me sometime I'm up for it. :)
    Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
  • HoffmanHoffman158,811
    Posted on 25 February 11 at 05:34
    I'm moving this thread to Gaming Help so other people can see and maybe help too.
  • Posted on 25 February 11 at 06:26
    Exactly! I usually get the ball all of the time, but I never seem to get a good grade nor win games. It seems my team always misses the shots when I pass them the ball >_> I tried a shooting guard and was getting around 10 points per game, but, I had F teammate ratings because I kept getting deductions for bad shot selections, etc. I'm used to the other games and just simply having the ball to myself. I just seem to have problems shooting and with the teammate grades.
  • HoffmanHoffman158,811
    Posted on 25 February 11 at 06:32
    Watch the lines on the floor. Your teammates will call out picks and screens and you will want to go where it tells you. An arrow on the floor means you run that way, they plan on passing the ball. A marker (can't remember exactly what it is) on the floor means it's going to be a pick, you run there and press the pick button. For each play you do correctly, you get points. If your team scores off a pick, you get extra. Good defense gives you big points, for instance if you are in the guys face on D and block his shot, or he shoots a bad shot, you'll get points. Steals are worth points, rebounds... Can't think of much else. Don't call for a pass unless you're open. The game doesn't like that. Try to only take open shots unless you're under the basket. If you're under the basket, try to spin out or push off to get an open shot. The thing that helped me quite a bit was to change my control style so that moving the right stick pivots and does fancy dribbles. I couldn't use it to shoot.
  • Posted on 25 February 11 at 16:58
    I use the default controls and use X to shoot. I'll try to implement these tips. I usually do these things but then I mess up once, and then it goes downhill from there. I want to get the achievements, and they aren't that hard, you just can't suck.
  • JByr5JByr5107,684
    Posted on 15 September 11 at 18:41
    all you need to do is get as many assists good passes and rebounds aswell as points as you can because all of these will greatly increase your grade as you play the game and my average grade is A+ my player is a shooting guard overall 68 and play 12 mins per quater and in my rookie year still and use as many drills as you can they really help
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads