Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Movie Games Madness Sale on Xbox Live

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar - Sorry but I don't accept random friend requests. My friends list is kept to people who I know.
TrueAchievements News ManagerTrueAchievements Pro user18,413 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 21:57
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:17
A handful of discounted games and avatar items

Microsoft have quietly discounted a few pieces of Marketplace content related to games based on movie franchises. In fact, they've done it so quietly that it is only advertised on North American dashboards, despite the fact that the discounts are applicable to all regions.

Arcade Games

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade - 400 MSP 200 MSP
A blast from the past! Help the Turtles save their friends April and Master Splinter, and defeat the evil Shredder once more in this classic arcade brawler!http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/TMNT-1989-Arcade/66acd00...

TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled - 800 MSP 400 MSP
The Turtles are back! Relive, or discover for the first time, the flashy visual style and humor of one of the most acclaimed arcade games of all time. Starring Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo - everyone’s favorite pizza-loving, wise-cracking, reptilian crime fighters. The game has been recreated in beautiful full 3D HD graphics and enhanced animations but still has all of the favorite moments and gameplay from the original. Use pizza power-ups and huge body slams to make your way through history in an attempt to restore peace to the Big Apple.http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Turtles-In-Time-RS/66acd...

Star Trek: D·A·C - 800 MSP 400 MSP
Star Trek®: D-A-C is a fast-paced, top-down space shooter inspired by the new motion picture. This pick-up and play game allows you and your friends to choose starships ( from a list including the all-new U.S.S. Enterprise ) and battle it out online! Enlist in Starfleet or join the Romulan Empire as you battle with up to 11 friends in game play modes including: Solo Play, Online Versus, and Online Co-op. Command the powerful Flagship, the nimble Fighter or the devastating Bomber, each with their own unique capabilities. Choose your side, fire your weapons, boldly go!http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Star-Trek-D-A-C/66acd000...

Prince of Persia Classic - 800 MSP 400 MSP
Single Player, HD (High Definition). Escape from Jaffar's dungeon and save the Princess! Prince of Persia is a high-definition 3D adventure platformer based on the original 1989 hit.http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Prince-of-Persia/66acd00...

• Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Starkiller's Dual Lightsabers - 400 MSP 200 MSP
• Tron: Evolution Anon Costume - Blue Male / Female - 160 MSP 80 MSP
• Tron: Evolution Light Cycle - 240 MSP 120 MSP

The duration of the sale is unknown, so don't wait too long to snap these items up.

In an unrelated sale, Toy Soldiers is also discounted down from 1200 MSP to 800 MSP. It can be downloaded from here. The duration of this offer is also unknown.

Credit goes to Monkey540 for this story
Badly Worn Toy - Haven't won an achievement in nearly 4 months and have got a ta increase of over 1k and climbing. Woohoo
TrueAchievements Moderator3,650 posts
Last post: 01 Nov at 09:48
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:19
Nothing for me, although i picked up the dual lightsabers for free yesterday smile
[12:37:41] drabik: Nobody can insult BWT. He's un-insultable.
pinata242
pinata242 - I'm getting the shakes seeing all my friends' Borderlands 2 achievements already. C'mon UPS dude!
TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.6792129 completed games(Includes owned DLC)120 posts
Last post: 06 Sep 12 at 17:21
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:20
And still no sale on the Scene It DLC. I wonder how many Academy Awards are going to have to come and go before something is done about that.

I just hope X-Men Arcade and the Marvel PFX2 tables go on sale when the X-Men or any other Marvel movies release this summer.
onemorechanc
onemorechanc
231,604 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.7255203 posts
Last post: 29 Sep at 23:57
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:22
Thanks for the tip ... probably pick up a few of them.
Torhu Hybrid
Torhu Hybrid - Reminder To Self: "Get Shorty" Achievement in DC3 tonight...
Achievement Completion Percentage: 85.11% (Includes owned DLC) - 23 more achievements required to reach 86%TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.7545736 posts
Last post: 10 Feb at 21:59
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:22
Badly Worn Toy said:Nothing for me, although i picked up the dual lightsabers for free yesterday smileYeah, I heard about that about 10 hrs too late. LOL!
DEV1L MAY DIE
DEV1L MAY DIE
95 completed games(Includes owned DLC)Achievement Completion Percentage: 57.99% (Includes owned DLC) - 2 more achievements required to reach 58%52 posts
Last post: 14 Jun 12 at 14:52
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:24
Badly Worn Toy said:Nothing for me, although i picked up the dual lightsabers for free yesterday smileme too mwhahaha
JJ BOMBAY
JJ BOMBAY - TA bans Veterans from using their rights to free speech.  If I could turn back time, I would let them all die!
191,090 TrueAchievement Points665 posts
Last post: 17 Aug at 13:44
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:24
^How were they free? I missed out too.
Hoffman
Hoffman - Debating on getting the Xbone.  wait for Halo edition in November?
TrueAchievements Community Events OrganizerTrueAchievements Moderator8,075 posts
Last post: 04 Sep at 02:16
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:25
Picked up 1989. Good news post.
Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
Nighthawk205
Nighthawk205 - Looking for a decent turbo controller.  Is this the best one?  http://amzn.to/118D0xp
141,049 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievements Walkthrough Supervisor634 posts
Last post: 20 Apr 13 at 04:07
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:26
Badly Worn Toy said:Nothing for me, although i picked up the dual lightsabers for free yesterday smileWas that region specific? I went to look for it and, at least on the website, it said it was 200 msp so I didn't get it...
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:31
Also available in Canada
Currently playing Halo:Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Battlefield: BC 2 and Red Dead Redemption
joe jirachi fan - http://www.backloggery.com/TheYukiverse This is what will get me back into gaming; I'm not gone for good :P
Achievement Completion Percentage: 62.90% (Includes owned DLC) - 6 more achievements required to reach 63%85 solutions321 posts
Last post: 02 Jan 13 at 14:43
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:31
I've never been a fan of TMNT specifically, but assuming these are just cuts in price, a know a certain silver account who might want these XD and to be fair, 200msp is a bargain even I might buy.
Can't anybody help me with Bubble Bobble Neo? :/
punkyliar
punkyliar - Sorry but I don't accept random friend requests. My friends list is kept to people who I know.
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:32
Lt CarpettMunch said:Also available in CanadaThe deals are available in all regions, as I said above. I have fixed the sentence to reflect the fact that the deals are advertised in Canada though.
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:35
For all you newbies buying 1989, If you need help, message me.
Badly Worn Toy - Haven't won an achievement in nearly 4 months and have got a ta increase of over 1k and climbing. Woohoo
TrueAchievements Moderator3,650 posts
Last post: 01 Nov at 09:48
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:35
JJ BOMBAY said:^How were they free? I missed out too.Nighthawk205 said:Was that region specific? I went to look for it and, at least on the website, it said it was 200 msp so I didn't get it...I'm guessing it was setup wrong. A member told me in chat so i downloaded them before the mistake was corrected.
[12:37:41] drabik: Nobody can insult BWT. He's un-insultable.
Monkey540
Monkey540 - Well, I'm up to date on AC Cannon for now.  Gonna miss out on Unity for the time being, but bring on Rogue.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 73.53% (Includes owned DLC) - 44 more achievements required to reach 74%137 completed games(Includes owned DLC)505 posts
Last post: 25 Sep at 17:15
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:37
Thanks for putting this up, Prince of Persia was updated today, so I'm curious if this is the final list.
True Marvellous
True Marvellous - those playing sunset overdrive where do you go to change your character apprentce and also how do you equip a different melee weapon.
TrueAchievement Site Rank: 31 out of 278,777608 completed games(Includes owned DLC)372 posts
Last post: 27 Sep at 15:45
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:38
Wonder why they do this
Tasty Pastry
Tasty Pastry - Seriously, this Halo launch has to be one of the most botched launches of all times. Someone better be getting fired...
186,776 TrueAchievement Points7,251 posts
Last post: 24 Nov at 16:29
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:44
Just some of my thoughts here.

I loved Turtles in time Reshelled, but I can see how some people might not, so try out the demo first. Before you jump into TMNT 1989 Arcade because you loved it as a kid, keep in mind that some of the achievements can be quite difficult to get and the game doesn't quite hold the same excitement when you're not playing it in your local arcade. Definitely take up VitaminG311 's offer for help, he got me through that game with just me and him when previous sessions of 4 people couldn't even reach Shredder.

I'm looking for input on Star Trek - do I have to be a Star Trek nerd to appreciate it? Literally I've seen one episode and the newly released movie...
As soon as you're born you start dying...
tractakid
tractakid - idk what happened to my gamerscore obsession. i blame planting.
Achievement Completion Percentage: 85.65% (Includes owned DLC) - 27 more achievements required to reach 86%TrueAchievement Ratio: 1.8373917 posts
Last post: 15 Jul at 19:15
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:47
haha yep got the lightsabers for free :P

nothing else for me though, thanks :P
Posted on 02 March 11 at 17:53
PunkyLiar said:Lt CarpettMunch said:Also available in CanadaThe deals are available in all regions, as I said above. I have fixed the sentence to reflect the fact that the deals are advertised in Canada though.K cool. Although When I go to the promotion on my dashboard, only the following are under the Discount Rewards section:
- TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled
- Star Trek: D·A·C
- Dual Lightsaber
- Blue Anon Costume and Light Cycle

TMNT1989 isnt listed anywhere, however when I did go find it in the marketplace is was listed as 200MSP.
Prince Of Persia Classic was listed but under "Action Packed Adventures" and when clicked brang me to a listing for the original POP for 360 download for 19.99, however I did find the arcade one on the marketplace listed as 400MSP.

Other things that are under the many screens of this Movie Madness include(not sure if any of these are on sale):
-Many titles available for Games on Demand
- Doom 2 for 800, Tron Arcade for 400, XMEN Arcade for 800, Scott Pilgrim for 800 Lara Croft GoL,
- The Muppets Avatar Collection
Currently playing Halo:Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Battlefield: BC 2 and Red Dead Redemption
punkyliar
Posted on 02 March 11 at 18:03
Lt CarpettMunch said:Other things that are under the many screens of this Movie Madness include(not sure if any of these are on sale):
-Many titles available for Games on Demand
- Doom 2 for 800, Tron Arcade for 400, XMEN Arcade for 800, Scott Pilgrim for 800 Lara Croft GoL,
- The Muppets Avatar Collection
Nothing here is on sale as far as I can see. I'm pretty sure that they're just plugging it a bit more in the hope that people don't notice and buy at full price (well how cynical of me wink).