Game Discussion: Alan Wake

Anyone else enjoy the game more on the 2nd playthrough?

• NastyMastaDaddyNastyMastaDaddy3,794,277
    Posted on 03 March 11 at 05:46
    My first playthrough I went for ALL the collectibles and by the time I was done I was pretty fried and annoyed. Put the game down for a couple days then went back for my nightmare playthrough and must say it was way more enjoyable when not having to worry about collecting shit. Yes I know you have to collect the nightmare manuscripts but their arent that many and it was very nice.

Overall after my first playthrough I though this game was a 3/5 stars at best but after my 2nd playthrough would easily give it 4/5 if not higher.
    Oh how I loathe thee completion percentage
  • ljp0390ljp0390112,448
    Posted on 04 March 11 at 04:22
    For the most part I tend to enjoy my 1st playthough more I normally just play the game for fun my 1st time and then I look at what I missed and try to get it my 2nd playthough
  • LaytoniasLaytonias245,778
    Posted on 04 March 11 at 09:25
    Depends if I'm going for lots of achievements on the first run or not. I try to get as many achievements as possible on the first run and if i enjoyed the first run I'll play the second run for the the story alone
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o678,222
    Posted on 04 March 11 at 11:29
    ljp0390 said:
    For the most part I tend to enjoy my 1st playthough more I normally just play the game for fun my 1st time and then I look at what I missed and try to get it my 2nd playthough
    Same here - I'll have a quick glance over the achievement list but generally won't use walkthroughs or guides and just enjoy the game and see what happens. Then, if I liked the game and can be bothered, I'll go back for another playthrough to try and get whatever I missed.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
  • dancrozierdancrozier727,260
    Posted on 04 March 11 at 12:08
    I have played this through once and really enjoyed it but didn't go for all the collectables.

I think I will give another playthough on nightmare, then a final one to pick up the achievements I need.

I think doing the collectables on nightmare will be frustrating otherwise
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 March 11 at 16:24
    I haven't played Alan Wake but collectable runs suck cry They can ruin any game :( pretty much why I been avoid Alan Wake because there's SO MANY!!! :(
    grfdgfd
  • CurufinweCurufinwe150,020
    Posted on 05 March 11 at 00:46
    I was planning on getting all the collectables on my second run but I ran out of steam.
  • NastyMastaDaddyNastyMastaDaddy3,794,277
    Posted on 05 March 11 at 08:41, Edited on 05 March 11 at 08:41 by NastyMastaDaddy
    Nuffzx said:
    I haven't played Alan Wake but collectable runs suck cry They can ruin any game :( pretty much why I been avoid Alan Wake because there's SO MANY!!! :(
    Yea this is why it took my forever to get around to playing it. The collectibles scared me off.
    Oh how I loathe thee completion percentage
  • ljp0390ljp0390112,448
    Posted on 05 March 11 at 20:17
    NastyMastaDaddy said:
    Nuffzx said:
    Yea this is why it took my forever to get around to playing it. The collectibles scared me off.
    Alan wake is an awesome game and something like that shouldn't put you off from playing and and the collectibles aren't actually that bad I got most of them on my 1st playthrough you just need to look through every little space its not too bad
  • HeyMrBassmanHeyMrBassman503,628
    Posted on 06 March 11 at 20:46
    I've just 1000'd it, only need to finish off the DLC and yes, it's a great game, original story and only spoilt slightly by the poor lip synching and the short length.

However, the only remotely scary thing about it was getting to the 99th thermos and thinking for a moment that I had missed one earlier!
    "At least I’ve learnt something from all of this. Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."
  • Posted on 07 March 11 at 10:50
    I never went back to the game for a second playthrough even though I loved it, I guess I thought it'd lose its mean appeal if I replayed it (the story, the twists etc). I never went for collectables though was too into the game to care, I might replay it after my exams in May it'll have been a year since I last played it (excluding dlc), should be good
  • Posted on 19 September 13 at 00:21
    I've played it six times. Always enjoy it about as much as I did the first time, which is a whole heck of a lot! ;)
  • Posted on 01 April 14 at 21:12
    I'm enjoying the gameplay MUCH more the second time through. Enjoyed the game, particularly the story, the first time around but the devs put way too many collectibles in the game. The manuscript pages, TV shows, chests, and even the radio shows were fine given their nature but then the devs threw shit like coffee thermoses and can pyramids in there which were useless and therefore a pain in the ass.
    Each One Teach One
  • GuidalityGuidality897,121
    Posted on 30 October 16 at 00:18
    Yeah the pyramids were super worthless since you didn't even have to collect all of them for the achievement. So far, I like being able to almost speed run the 2nd playthrough but the collectibles weren't that bad considering how well done the walkthrough is
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads