Game Discussion: Phantasy Star Universe

That elusive 900+ TA Points achievement.

• Saint HarriSaint Harri404,496
    Posted on 23 May 09 at 17:18
    I'm considering picking this up, as I loved PSO back in the day and I played this on PS2 for a little bit and found it enjoyable. I also plan to play online at some point and download the DLC as well.

However, I see an achievement for the DLC where only two people have gotten it, and one person got it offline. (He cheated.) Any idea what that is or why it's so hard to get?
  • albajosalbajos1,537,696
    Posted on 23 May 09 at 23:13
    It isn't possible to do what the achievement ask you to do, since that isn't included in the DLC. And it doesn't seem like that a patch that corrects this will come anytime soon.
    All work and no play makes Jos a dull boy.
  • Saint HarriSaint Harri404,496
    Posted on 24 May 09 at 21:02
    Oh, alright. Thanks for letting me know. =D
  • AzulDiabolusAzulDiabolus239,914
    Posted on 02 August 09 at 04:15
    I'ts in the DLC, its an online only mission that has yet to be released. We get different updates from sega every few weeks or so, and some of them include new bosses. The achievement if for a boss that we currently don't have, but will have sometime in the near future, so atm it is impossible to have a legit 1250 from this game.
  • MondoBondoMondoBondo1,166,393
    Posted on 16 October 09 at 23:23
    and it still is impossible for 1250 GS :(
  • Posted on 17 November 09 at 12:08
    how in the world do you hack something like?
  • Park DieselPark Diesel656,920
    Posted on 10 January 10 at 10:49, Edited on 10 January 10 at 13:51 by Elite Hero
    The achievement is available as of 1/8/10. You must be at least a level 90, minimum level to do the S2 rank mission. You will not be able to beat it at level 90 though, you will need people who are much higher in level.

Kira J Masaki said:
    how in the world do you hack something like?
    From my understanding, there is a computer program that you download. You then hook up your hard drive using a hard drive transfer cable. I don't know the details, but it allows you to unlock achievements. Then when you put your hard drive back on your console, the achievements are there (acquired offline of course). These are very easy for other gamers to spot though. Microsoft should use TA as their enforcement team (they do a much better job).
  • ForceOfWillForceOfWill475,297
    Posted on 10 January 10 at 19:22
    Yes the achievement is obtainable now. I jumped on the server asap when I seen it was back online to get this done finally. I must say that yes the mission is available at lvl 90, but highly doubtful you will complete it even with a party of 6 lvl 90's. I completed it solo, 160 male cast, gunmaster 20, with 11 and 12 star weapons grinded to 10/10. My photon art bullets are lvl 31+ (they goto lvl 50) and my armor is a 42% Dark storm line. First off to lvl a character to that lvl and even get your class in to the masters is going to take months. Theres no way around it. Then the weapons I used are the most expensive for gunners on the server. Make sure your Light and Dark elemental attacks are very high because even tho the mission may have dark enemies, Dark Falz 2 changes his element from Dark to Light half way through, making all your dark attacks useless, so lvling up light is a smart decision as well.

This is a game I had played on the PC for a year and a half before I bought a 360, then I had changed from the PC/PS2 servers to the 360 side and had to start over from scratch. Most achievement hunters don't know how much time this achievement will take. The achievement isn't really about beating the boss, but having gained the experience and time played to be able to play that mission. Beating the boss is the final hurdle for this achievement.
    Arcade Completed: 10 Retail Completed: 39
  • MikokunMikokun170,382
    Posted on 10 January 10 at 21:40
    I wouldn't say it takes months to get to lvl 160. I have seen dedicated people get to the 100s within a week without event xp boosts. Still though, I can only imagine it's going to take a lot of effort no matter what the levels and groups.
    I really do love my gamerpic
    Posted on 11 January 10 at 05:10
    I just posted a guide for the achievement, with a little math showing experience numbers and what not. Anyone interested should check it out.
    Arcade Completed: 11 Retail Completed: 41
  • Posted on 11 January 10 at 06:05
    xxMikoxx said:
    I wouldn't say it takes months to get to lvl 160. I have seen dedicated people get to the 100s within a week without event xp boosts. Still though, I can only imagine it's going to take a lot of effort no matter what the levels and groups.
    I remember Lv200 in PSO v2 for the Dreamcast being VERY time consuming if done legitimately. I mean I have never seen a game that took that long to hit max level. I think I hit like 160 and I spent a couple thousand hours on the game (not all grinding exp as a lot of it was c-mode). A friend of mine did nothing but grind exp and I think he only ended up hitting Lv197. I don't remember if it was more difficult or the same on PSO Ep. 1&2, but I only ended up somewhere between 140 and 160.

I've never played PSU online and only partially played it offline as I could not get into the game. So I don't know how difficult it was to level up characters in PSU.
    Posted on 11 January 10 at 12:12
    Online mode is a lot more time consuming to lvl up. The offline version of this game makes it seem so easy, then you play online and your characters lvl up slower and are weaker. Im pretty sure even that in PSO the halfway mark from lv 1 - 200 (experience wise) was like lvl180-something.
  • OakleyishereOakleyishere129,814
    Posted on 11 January 10 at 22:38
    i can't even see a 900+ achevo on the list :S
  • Draco86Draco8699,768
    Posted on 12 January 10 at 05:51, Edited on 12 January 10 at 05:51 by Draco86
    Kungfupanda17 said:
    Read the thread title. It says 900+ TA Points Achievement. He is referring to the True Achievement value of the achievement not the actual achievement value
  • MrFunmanMrFunman127,274
    Posted on 12 January 10 at 12:26
    DragonWing86 said:
    Kungfupanda17 said:
    Read the thread title. It says 900+ TA Points Achievement. He is referring to the True Achievement value of the achievement not the actual achievement value
    Even so The TA value is no longer 900+ it is much less, because about 20+ people have earned the achievement in the past week or so.
    The end of the world might hurt a little bit... but it won't hurt next time.
  • OakleyishereOakleyishere129,814
    Posted on 12 January 10 at 12:45
    DragonWing86 said:
    Kungfupanda17 said:
    well NO SHIT, i was talking about T.A value.
    Posted on 12 January 10 at 16:13
    Yeah the TA ratio for this achievement would be higher, If the DLC was included in the full TA ratio. If the DLC was added on to everyone that played this game, and not just whoever has the DLC, then it should be alot higher. 4.31 TA ratio across 558 gamers that have the DLC, not across the 3,964 that have actually played PSU for the easy 1000. So how come TA.com doesn't include DLC's in the ratio's or 100%?
  • albajosalbajos1,537,696
    Posted on 13 January 10 at 01:32
    Because we want to include those who actually have played the DLCs
    All work and no play makes Jos a dull boy.
    Posted on 13 January 10 at 02:27
    Well I have to say I can agree on that. But at the same time its your choice to be an achievement hunter. They don't expect us to play every game or get every DLC. Considering the Stats on MGC.net say that out of 112,394 gamertags, only 250 have completed this game (And that's including the hackers) I believe this rule ruins this achievement in this situation. Also I'd like to know why after 4 days of being #1 on the leaderboard for completing this game, I was bumped down to number 3, then went up to number 2 for a couple hours, then back down to 3. If the site updates once a day minimum, shouldn't I have been bumped down to 3rd by the end of the first or even second day of this achievement being released? How do these game leaderboards work exactly?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads