Game Discussion: The Orange Box

Half-Life Half-Truth?

• AvataAvata338,975
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 12:16, Edited on 27 September 11 at 12:23 by Avata
    I came across this story looking for the some [any] news on the 'imminent' Portal 2 DLC, thought it was worth a share.

Luke Plunkett of Kotaku said:
    Valve boss Gabe Newell has a history of replying directly to emails from the public, so there's a good chance this exchange with an impatient Half-Life fan is for real.

Either way, there's a definite chance that it's great.

If anyone else wants to give it a show, maybe try a sonnet. Or an epic poem. The latter would leave enough room for a release date and system specs.
    Think it's real?
    I want a perfect soul.
  • HoffmanHoffman158,807
    Posted on 27 September 11 at 13:29
    I like his witty exchange... But he failed on the last line. 5-7-5 Gabe, not 5-7-shit I can't count.

I've only played Orange Box, and while the gameplay was fun the story didn't pull me in.
    Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
  • Posted on 27 September 11 at 13:32
    Nope. There is no way he would give that info to a random person (and why would that person not show the date?). Valve also never solidifies release dates until very close to being gold.

The only way I can see that being real is if Gabe said "when it is done" after "ships in".
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen769,983
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 14:58
    I think "ships in" was an intentional cliffhanger to imply either there is no episode 3 in a joking manner or just simply "it ships when it's done, if it ever is"..
    For the Rum and the Cheese!
  • AvataAvata338,975
    Posted on 28 September 11 at 23:49, Edited on 29 September 11 at 13:21 by Avata
    Atomic TreeDude said:
    ...and why would that person not show the date?
    You can't see a date when you open a message in Gmail, so I don't think that's intentional.

The key point I took from this is that IF indeed the exchange is real then it is confirmation that it WILL ship (whenever that might be) and therefore an acknowledgment that it still EXISTS at least. A proof of non-absence, if that makes sense? [it doesn't] That's a very big 'if' though.

I also think, like DK said, that it will ship when it ships.
    I want a perfect soul.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads