Game Discussion: Kinect Adventures

Adventures' TA Ratios

• CianCian349,275
    Posted on 06 November 10 at 04:21
    I know they'll drop, as always with a new game, but what does everyone think in relation to these games being aimed at more casual people - will this keep the ratios relatively high ?

I'm anticipating they'll be higher than normal games, even though the achievements are overall very easy. As people play Kinect in friends' houses that don't own a Kinect at home along with the general need to basically exercise while earning achievements, will that keep many of the people that'll show up as "owning" the game on here from gaining all the achievements?

Thoughts ?
  • Posted on 06 November 10 at 06:19
    I don't know but from what I see on other posts most people who have been slightly interested enough to try one at a friend's house wind up wanting one. Might wind up around mid-range but I wouldn't expect it to stay too high for too long.
  • Killme37Killme37260,886
    Posted on 06 November 10 at 08:32
    Ill say they will only be a tiny bit higher. Because this is true achievements and the ratios are only based off people on the site(obviously). Most people on here want achievements or they wouldnt be here. Now if TA scanned all xbox members then i say the ratios would be huge, unless the kinect achievements are very easy.
  • KrandorKrandor175,693
    Posted on 07 November 10 at 15:50
    If the achevements are easy people will do them for the points. People play hannah montana and my horse and me for points so they will play kinect adventures and kinectabls for points. They may be a bit higher from people trying it out at a friends hosue but not having a kinect themselves but I don't think that will affect the numbers that much.
  • DevooblyDevoobly179,906
    Posted on 07 November 10 at 19:20
    Well still remenber Kinect still is not out in the UK
    ry the boss always think of gamerscore
  • KrandorKrandor175,693
    Posted on 07 November 10 at 20:18
    ry, true. However if you haven't played the game your info won't count toward the TA ratio.
  • DemonATX1337DemonATX1337708,346
    Posted on 08 November 10 at 18:51
    I think this will be like Game Room where people will get one achievement and never touch the game again.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 November 10 at 06:31
    DemonATX1337 said:
    I think this will be like Game Room where people will get one achievement and never touch the game again.
    nah, If you spent $150 on Kinect and then another $40 on a game, your going to play it. Unlike Game Room which was a free download and earned a achievement for booting the game up.
    Currently playing Halo:Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Battlefield: BC 2 and Red Dead Redemption
  • Drachen77Drachen77313,161
    Posted on 10 November 10 at 15:37
    From my experience, the Kinect Adventures achievements are NOT easy. It will take a lot of game time to get most of them. You have to play all five game types and get gold awards on all levels, there's 9 per type; stuff like that. It will be time consuming.
  • CianCian349,275
    Posted on 11 November 10 at 01:01
    Drachen77: i actually found the majority of them very easy. Tiring yes, and i agree with you on the time consuming part for a lot of them, but overall extremely easy in terms of raw difficulty. We're not talking ninja gaiden or something :) I don't think i've yet managed to get below a silver, and even those are rare. I just usually get exhausted and give up.

But even going on the current trend, a normal game would have far lower ratios by now, especially when the achievements are not multiple game runs, or crazy online achievements. these are all offline, merely progress through the game (getting silver / gold / all platinum) achievements, the majority of which are quite easily obtainable by now. For example of the >3000 people that've played, only 53 have gotten even the silver medal achievement for advanced levels. Surely that strikes someone as different from normal.
  • DPC eNeRGyDPC eNeRGy647,544
    Posted on 11 November 10 at 07:42
    Don't forget the game is only available in Europe as of yesterday and it will be in Japan in over a week. So a lot of gamers didn't have th chance to boot up the game. I guess the ratios will drop significantly in the next 2 weeks.
  • CrazyC0330CrazyC0330133,399
    Posted on 11 November 10 at 21:17
    cianh said:
    Drachen77: For example of the >3000 people that've played, only 53 have gotten even the silver medal achievement for advanced levels. Surely that strikes someone as different from normal.
    The game hasn't been out too long. I, for example, played it for the first time last night. I don't have the silver medal achievements for free play, because I have yet to play free play. I wouldn't worry about it too much guys. Once people have played it for more than a few times, the ratio of people that have nearly 100% on it will grow.
  • St Jolly777St Jolly777319,256
    Posted on 12 November 10 at 17:30
    Gotta say...Platinum in every free play level...is not impossible....but it is NOT easy...it takes a time investment and it is tiring. The ratios will come down over time...(Game has been out only a week) but for people that though this was easy 1000....guess again.
  • Posted on 18 November 10 at 13:02
    It took my boyfriend and I about a week to 100% the game. It was a ton of fun, but I'm thinking that since it requires getting off the couch and being active, some gamers might not appreciate that aspect. The Kinect technology is amazing and certainly would convert any Wii lovers over in a snap. As for the ratios, I'm interested to see how many people get Kinects for Christmas, start playing these games, and realizing either A) it's too much work and quit or B) it is insanely fun and keep playing not only for the cheeves but for entertainment.
  • planting42planting422,094,525
    Posted on 21 November 10 at 18:31
    Took me a week to complete all but the Platinum achievement. Agreed its a bit tiresome and does require effort... especially Reflex Ridge. I'll enjoy the big ratios while I can, but I predict this game will end up in the 3k range for TA score once it settles down.
    www.tinyurl.com/gtasc
  • Posted on 09 December 10 at 13:34
    The difficulty of these achievements really is based off of your endurance, agility and your perception of a 3D play space. For example my father a fit guy tried to play it and didn't have an issue with being tired but did however fail to grasp the concept of "what-I-do-it-does"

I am rather surprised that the TA ratio is still high on this game, now a game like Fighters Uncaged I can understand a little bit more the achievements on that game are quite difficult to my understanding and the gameplay is just difficult to master, I myself have yet to try it and am kinda iffy about trying it at all due to word of mouth. Will be very interesting how long Kinect games in general hold the higher TA ratios.
  • m0rph3us17m0rph3us17185,703
    Posted on 12 December 10 at 19:56, Edited on 12 December 10 at 19:59 by m0rph3us17
    I've been surprised how long it's held high ratios too. I did a bunch more achievements yesterday playing through the adventures and it was mostly pretty easy (aside from a couple of those dumb Space Pop levels). Most of the achievements aren't too tough, they're just a little time-consuming.

That being said I can see it staying high simply because I think a lot of people will get Kinect, play it as a party/social thing, and not really bother trying to finish everything off/get the achievements. Kinect's been out a month now - if people were really pushing for the achievements it wouldn't be sitting at 3500TA still.
  • drabikdrabik376,477
    Posted on 12 December 10 at 20:00
    I expect the ratios to increase slightly after christmas, seeing as Kinect is supposedly one of the top xmas presents.

I too am confused as to how the ratios have stayed this high. I have finished the game, and only struggled to get platinum on a couple of rallyball levels.
  • KillerBEA XKillerBEA X189,563
    Posted on 28 December 10 at 22:01
    I am pleasantly surprised that they are this high, and I have little trouble with this game. Some better ratio achievements to help balance having so much in game room :)

Also joyride is astronomically high as it probably takes longer, 17+ ratio for driving 10 hrs? booyah?
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:21
    i got this for my grlfriend and stuck it on her account, thinking the achievments would be stupid, however having got nearly half the achievments in 3 days, with her im deffo putting it on my account!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads