Game Discussion: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Lego Harry Potter 1-4 free play

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 January 12 at 01:56
    Im just wondering how you select which characters you want to use when you have completed the game and want to use certain people for going around the Hogwarts grounds also im sure in the star wars games you could pick your full crew rather than just one person then the game selecting the rest for you its self when in teh actual levels them selves, can you not do that in this game too or are you only able to pick the one character ?

I just hope that if cant pick your full crew that game selects characters that you need for the specific tasks in the level your choosing free play on.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,205
    Posted on 19 January 12 at 10:15
    Hold Y, brings up the selection screen in freeplay iirc as for hogwarts use the polyjuice potion pots to change character (orange smoke ones?) hard to remember.
    Turns out im human after all :(
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 January 12 at 13:28
    Holding Y is for the spells, well it is for the main game i just think that the game chooses the rest of the people for you and you can only pick one character at the start which is fine as long as it picks the right people for the tasks on that free play level. I just expected to be able to choose them all ur self like in the LEGO Star Wars CS

Thanks for the tip on the hogwarts i will give that a go
    Posted on 19 January 12 at 15:38
    Crap its the latest star wars one for Y laugh.

Yeah in free play the people you need will be auto selected, should be able to pick your first person though (might need to buy the people you need)
    As for hogwarts its definately the couldrons... in thinking yellow smoke now though laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 January 12 at 15:42
    have you played years 5-7 ?
    Posted on 19 January 12 at 15:43
    Not yet.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 January 12 at 15:51
    I will pick it up at some point , the only thing with LEGO games are they take so long to drop in price but they are worth every penny even if you pay full price , they are just so much fun
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,118,317
    Posted on 20 January 12 at 07:32
    The game should automatically select a character with each power (or some with multiple powers) and fill out the roster so you have every power available. As long as you have a character of each type unlocked/bought.

I've played Years 5-7 and I'm just finishing up a guide for it so if you have any questions, feel free to ask ...
  • Angry MumAngry Mum747,544
    Posted on 20 January 12 at 18:56
    Dang, wasn't it left bumper (LB) to cycle characters in free mode?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 January 12 at 21:52
    about years 5-7 i was just wondering if there are new spells and any changes or if its just the same but more stories
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,118,317
    Posted on 20 January 12 at 22:09
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    about years 5-7 i was just wondering if there are new spells and any changes or if its just the same but more stories
    Overall it's pretty similar. The map is very close to the one in 1-4, they just added a few areas and tweaked others. There are new spells and abilities. Like a water spell to put out fires, Sticky Trainers so you can walk up certain walls, etc. IMO it's not quite as good as 1-4, but it's still a lot of fun.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads