Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DoDonPachi Maximum For Windows Phone 7 Dated

• BrassBrumBrassBrum228,477
    Posted on 05 March 12 at 08:49
    Lasers primed

If you need to inject some fresh life into your games library on your Windows Phone 7 of choice, DoDonPachi Maximum is set to hit Xbox LIVE on March 7th. If you're in the dark as to what this title entails, here's the official blurb:

Dodge and destroy your way through 15 unique stages routes that branch according to your skill. Accurate touch controls guide your ship with ease. Touch the screen with two fingers to activate the all-powerful "Laser Bomb" and clear the screen of enemies! Unlock new ships to beat the game with! Blast your way to a full achievement list. This is bullet hell in the palm of your hand!
    If that's a starting point, but you need more, you could also check out this teaser trailer in the meantime. Tempted to take 'bullet storm hell' rage quitting on the move with you?
  • Posted on 05 March 12 at 08:52
    I kinda want this....I think I'll get this! Damn wait....I need a windows phone first.
  • WDComboWDCombo754,037
    Posted on 05 March 12 at 08:57
    A Cave shooter I don't need to pay 100 dollars to play? Count me in!
  • Posted on 05 March 12 at 09:01
    WDCombo said:
    A Cave shooter I don't need to pay 100 dollars to play? Count me in!
    I couldn't agree more.
  • Posted on 05 March 12 at 09:25, Edited on 05 March 12 at 09:28 by BeyondNecroDome
    bah ! their shooters are easily worth it, and look and sound better on a big television and decent speakers..besides, thats an exaggeration, you can import for around 60$, and theyre far more challenging then most new releases. I wonder why they dont port this version to xbla as well and double or triple their sales...
    A Real Master Blaster, since 1983
  • Posted on 05 March 12 at 10:02
    After I 1000G Deathsmiles 2 I felt invincible....until I other cave games raped me.
  • heatlightheatlight2,779,227
    Posted on 05 March 12 at 14:14
    Can't wait for this, love me a good Cave shmup. Your article is missing the price, by the way. It's $4.99 (£3.99 in the UK).
  • Falcon BurnsFalcon Burns174,957
    Posted on 05 March 12 at 14:37
    Been waiting for this, roll on Wednesday its gonna be awesome!!!
  • GR4V1G0R3GR4V1G0R3250,779
    Posted on 05 March 12 at 15:22
    OOHHHHH YEEAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Been waiting so long for this, better make sure I haz moniez in my account on wednesday
  • Posted on 05 March 12 at 15:38
    Day 1!
    “It is impossible to correct abuses unless we know that they’re going on.” - J. Assange
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo189,975
    Posted on 05 March 12 at 18:31
    BeyondNecroDome said:
    bah ! their shooters are easily worth it, and look and sound better on a big television and decent speakers..besides, thats an exaggeration, you can import for around 60$, and theyre far more challenging then most new releases. I wonder why they dont port this version to xbla as well and double or triple their sales...
    The reason they're moving to mobile phone format is because they can't afford to release them on consoles anymore. The cost of putting out titles for 360 is fairly substantial, and their sales haven't been enough to make up for that. Thankfully they lived up to their promise, in porting most all of their major past series to 360/XBLA by now. I still want/need a JP console, if for no other reason than to pick up the rest of the Cave games.

XBLA titles are definitely cheaper to put out than retail discs, but at the same time there are so many ludicrous fees from Microsoft. At least when Microsoft crafted the framework for their WP7 game releases, as that was more-recently, they must have modeled it to compete with other phone formats and/or Steam (where it doesn't cost developers an arm and a leg to do, well, anything.)
  • Posted on 05 March 12 at 20:08
    I'm waiting for DotW i think
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • Posted on 05 March 12 at 20:39
    The ratio on this 1 might be high
  • Posted on 06 March 12 at 05:35
    yes, i know, but i prefer them on console. its not our fault most gamers are lame ! If you could order them directly, and they were manufactured as needed, that might cut costs substancially. Surely there are other ways than to change format entirely.. Ugh. people make me sad.
    ps, i too need a J xbox. i only have like a third of the good shooters !
  • Posted on 06 March 12 at 05:36, Edited on 06 March 12 at 05:41 by BeyondNecroDome
    Maybe im biased, but if cave were to develope a console, id buy that too ! Im still angry at ms for blowing off dodonpachi as an arcade release. how can you justly call it an "arcade" , then piss away one of the greastest arcade titles of all time ? I ended up having to get the european disc, but it was definately worth it. They are the only remnants of my favorite era that still get releases ! once an arcade punk, always an arcade punk.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads