Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Batman: Arkham City - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Batman: Arkham City

• The Fury I84IThe Fury I84I1,711,947
    Posted on 20 September 13 at 17:08
    Thank you for your submission. The flag has been added toast
  • Information
    Posted on 29 October 13 at 07:11
    Phoenix C64 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Batman: Arkham City:

Phoenix C64 said:
    Batman: Arkham CityParty's OverThe Party's Over achievement in Batman: Arkham City worth 152 pointsDestroy all Harley Balloons

shouldn't this achievement be marked as missable? because there is no free roam for the DLC when you're done and you have to start a new DLC walkthrough to get balloons you missed. also there is no indicator on which you missed and you can easily miss a balloon at the end of the DLC, forcing you to replay a couple of hours just for a balloon.

• Phoenix C64Phoenix C64319,582
    Posted on 29 October 13 at 07:14
    i disagree with alklein92201 argument why "The Party's Over" should not be marked as missable. As I said, even tho balloons carry over through several walkthroughs, you have to start a new one to get whatever you missed, as there is no chapter select and no free roam for the DLC. If you miss a balloon at the end of the DLC, it means you have to replay it ALL.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
    Posted on 05 November 13 at 07:35, Edited on 05 November 13 at 07:35 by Phoenix C64
    D4RK I FuRy I said:
    Thank you for the submission. However, we are not going to add the Missable flag to Party's Over in Batman: Arkham City since you can get this achievement within 1 hour after restarting the DLC.

Please read this post written by https://www.trueachievements.com/alklein92201.htm for more information about the 1 hour rule:
    Batman: Arkham City - Achievement Flag submissions
    well if you think it's "normal" or "easy" to be able to get to the very last flag in one hour, then this other achievement shouldnt be missable either, as it "theoretically" can be repeated in less than one hour too:
    Batman: Arkham CityBomb SquadThe Bomb Squad achievement in Batman: Arkham City worth 83 pointsDefuse all bombs in 3 minutes or less

on another note, i think a "one hour rule" is quite stupid. not all players are equally good and fast.
    Posted on 05 November 13 at 16:42
    It's your god given right to disagree with the decisions made or to dislike the "one hour rule", but that doesn't change a thing about the fact that you can get this achievement within 1 hour of restarting. If you follow a video guide and skip all cut scenes, you can get the achievement within the hour and with the current flags this means it shouldn't be marked as Missable.
    Posted on 05 November 13 at 18:24
    D4RK I FuRy I said:
    It's your god given right to disagree with the decisions made or to dislike the "one hour rule", but that doesn't change a thing about the fact that you can get this achievement within 1 hour of restarting. If you follow a video guide and skip all cut scenes, you can get the achievement within the hour and with the current flags this means it shouldn't be marked as Missable.
    as said in my last post, if this is the case, then

Batman: Arkham CityBomb SquadThe Bomb Squad achievement in Batman: Arkham City worth 83 pointsDefuse all bombs in 3 minutes or less

shouldnt have a missable flag either, as you can get to that point in less than one hour and do it in 2min. too.
  • drabikdrabik376,376
  • Information
    Posted on 01 June 14 at 05:37
    https://www.trueachievements.com/HolyHa1fDead.htm has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Batman: Arkham City:

HolyHa1fDead said:
    Batman: Arkham CityParty's OverThe Party's Over achievement in Batman: Arkham City worth 152 pointsDestroy all Harley Balloons

Missable

This achievement is Missable, because when you leave some areas you will not be able to return, bypassing the opportunity to unlock it in a given playthrough. There is no level select, the game auto-saves your progress. So if you miss a Harley Balloon you will have to replay the Harley Quinn's Revenge mission from the beginning to get it.

• RayvenMorriganaRayvenMorrigana1,329,429
    Posted on 01 June 14 at 20:13
    Thank you for your submission, however we are not going to add the Missable flag to
    as you can get this achievement within 1 hour of restarting the DLC.

Please read this post written by https://www.trueachievements.com/alklein92201.htm for more information about the 1 hour rule:
    Batman: Arkham City - Achievement Flag submissions.
    I said hey listen to me, stay sane inside insanity <3
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 02 June 14 at 08:53, Edited on 02 June 14 at 08:57 by HolyHalfDead
    I understand the 1 hour rule, it makes sense for achievements you can go back and get from chapter checkpoints. Let's say you got 3 balloons on your first playthrough, are you really telling me you can hunt around for and find the other 27 on your second playthrough in 1 hour or under? Using a guide maybe, but using guides should not be a requirement for an achievement not getting the missable flag. What if second time round you still missed a couple in the open area part and one near the end, then a third playthrough is required. Going back to snap flash the Titan I could believe you could get done in under an hour - and yet that is flagged as missable!??

I'm not the first person to disagree with https://www.trueachievements.com/alklein92201.htm's uncanny ability to find all 30 balloons in under 1 hour without using a guide either.

I don't like using solutions (although I enjoy writing them). If I pay for a game I like to try and find the hidden stuff the designers put in by myself, not have someone spoil it for me and tell me where they all are. I've had fun finding secrects in games since Wolfenstein 3D and Doom. There was no world wide web back then, so you either found them yourself or waited a month or so for the secrets to be published in a magazine.

But I can't say having to replay the entire game from the beginning again, and again is particularly fun because you missed a secret but you have no idea when. That is why I created a spoiler free solution, so you know when you can stop searching and move on
    HolyHalfDead Batman: Arkham City Party's Over HolyHalfDead's solution for the Party's Over Achievement in Batman: Arkham CityDestroy all Harley Balloons
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,042,933
    Posted on 14 June 14 at 09:44
    Since the flag revamp earlier this year there is no more one hour rule as far as I am aware. One goal of the revamp was to get rid of all these unwritten rules. Has it been reinstated?
  • MuddyAmoebaMuddyAmoeba528,499
    Posted on 28 July 14 at 10:02
    Thanks https://www.trueachievements.com/HolyHa1fDead.htm

The missable flag has been added to
    . You are both correct the one hour rule is gone, still getting used to the new flags. If you can miss an achievement then it is missable, the only time this won't apply now is if there is a level select , whereby you can replay individual parts of the game, or in a free roam style game where all areas are unlocked.
    Game Info Monkey. Hit enough buttons I'll get it right eventually.
  • Information
    Posted on 28 July 14 at 20:35
    This post was archived by LitaOsiris
  • Information
    Posted on 20 March 22 at 13:02
    LuckyKant has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Batman: Arkham City Achievements:

LuckyKant said:
    Batman: Arkham CityAR KnightThe AR Knight achievement in Batman: Arkham City worth 44 pointsComplete all augmented reality training exercises

Remove collectable. These are side missions, nothing collected.

Batman: Arkham CityFamily JewelsThe Family Jewels achievement in Batman: Arkham City worth 65 pointsRetrieve your stolen goods

Main Storyline. The game treats this as a primary objective (green icon says primary whereas side missions are blue, labelled side mission).

It happens after the Main Story is finished from the Base Game, so is a bit of an epilogue.

This footage shows this/

Compared to the side mission playlist

• LoneBro4kLoneBro4k288,711
    Posted on 25 March 22 at 17:42
    LuckyKant thank you for the submission. The 'AR Knight' achievement was flagged collectable due to how one must traverse the game environment to find the locations that activate the various training exercises. It is similar to how achievements for completing all side missions or discovering all locations on a map are flagged as collectible.

As for the 'Family Jewels' achievement, there is a discussion earlier in the forum where it was decided that, despite the objective being treated differently than side objectives, since the requirements can only be completed after what is considered to be the end of the main campaign it did not fit the criteria for the main storyline flag.

For these reasons we will be leaving flags as they are for the time being. Cheers.
  • Information
    Posted on 26 March 22 at 03:08
    This post was archived by Bitz
  • Information
  • MichalKVMichalKV1,049,699
    Posted on 14 December 22 at 13:25
    Thanks James12183. As you are the first one to report this, we will not flag it as Buggy- right away. However we will investigate and when we can confirm the issues, we will update the flags.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads