Game Discussion: Project Gotham Racing 3

Title update achievements in PGR3

• Posted on 09 October 10 at 09:42
    All of a sudden I saw a gigantic drop in ratio for some of my achievements in PGR3. A closer look told me that's because some online achievements are now labeled under title updates (lost over 140 points for the Tournament Qualifier achievement).
    As far as I know these achievements are part of the original 1.000 gamerpoints. Can someone tell me what's the story here?
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,579,693
    Posted on 10 October 10 at 04:41, Edited on 10 October 10 at 04:42 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Have they always been that high? When the site crashed, we lost all the DLC/TU dividers, and everything was lumped in with the main game. Assuming those achievements were from a TU, that would be why.

Never played the game so I don't know for sure, just throwing it out there.
    A Blue Slime appears!
  • LGS I HitmanLGS I Hitman1,554,118
    Posted on 10 October 10 at 12:37
    i swear they were all the original 1000 as it ever had the title updates like that before and also can someone sort kane and lynch 2 out one of the achievements that is for the doggie bag has made it into the original game.
    Posted on 10 October 10 at 12:43
    also why has tournament qualifier been marked as discontinued as the tournaments are still going?
    Posted on 10 October 10 at 19:27
    tournaments work for me still as i have been entering them to get the achievement.
  • sachsenhuskysachsenhusky1,122,837
    Posted on 10 October 10 at 19:33
    bevor server crash wasnt there a title update, wish the old one back with the real true ratio !
  • mzivtinsmzivtins323,157
    Posted on 11 October 10 at 16:54
    A 1971 Mach 1 said:
    LGS I Hitman said:
    also why has tournament qualifier been marked as discontinued as the tournaments are still going?
    Tournaments and Gotham TV have not been working for 2 months.

The site didn't know of the Title Updates, we must organize games the way they are. This one had two game updates that not many are aware of unless you have been playing it since launch.
    This is only a regional problem that has annoyed a few users recently but yes, it is all still open and working, this really needs to be fixed asap, i mean there was a thread saying about unobtainables and this was in it! i had said even in that thread this was not the case as i only just got the achievement when they were arguing about it!

I can't beleive it can be decided with such poor research, c'mon guys!
    Posted on 11 October 10 at 16:59
    double post but this is fucking retarded!

24,285 have this game and only 808 have the title update 1? are you kidding me? the tittle update wasn't a DLC but and updated! therefore any of the 24,285 people who have ever played this only should have the title update. What a load of crap. I love how someone can think this looks right.

If you are absolutely certain this is true then here comes another few questions...

Why did it take so long to get it right considering the game has been around for YEARS.
    And if it was WRONG in the first place, why did i see no threads about this over TA?
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,833,182
    Posted on 11 October 10 at 18:58
    https://www.trueachievements.com/A+1971+Mach+1.htm , I'm a bit confused by this thread and your deleted messages, but did want to help out here.

It does look like 950 points were included at launch and 50 points were added by Title Update. It also looks like a particular 100 point achievement was included at launch but was unobtainable until the TU.

Our general site setup would be to separate the 50 points of achievements added by the TU, and would treat them as DLC for ratio purposes. The 100 point achievement would not be separated.
    Posted on 11 October 10 at 19:20
    The Globalizer said:
    https://www.trueachievements.com/A+1971+Mach+1.htm , I'm a bit confused by this thread and your deleted messages, but did want to help out here.

It does look like 950 points were included at launch and 50 points were added by Title Update. It also looks like a particular 100 point achievement was included at launch but was unobtainable until the TU.

Our general site setup would be to separate the 50 points of achievements added by the TU, and would treat them as DLC for ratio purposes. The 100 point achievement would not be separated.
    and to think all that was needed to verify this, is for someone to clear cache/updates and stick the disc in on a new Gamertag... LOL i guess we cant win them all, fix asap please ta laugh
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,833,182
    Posted on 11 October 10 at 20:22
    mzivtins said:
    and to think all that was needed to verify this, is for someone to clear cache/updates and stick the disc in on a new Gamertag... LOL i guess we cant win them all, fix asap please ta laugh
    Don't worry, we'll sort it out. toast
    Posted on 11 October 10 at 20:47
    The Globalizer said:
    mzivtins said:
    Don't worry, we'll sort it out. toast
    there is no smiley for a 'blowie' so i'll just say, cheers dude! laugh
  • JayourJayour1,171,766
    Posted on 11 October 10 at 23:01, Edited on 11 October 10 at 23:09 by Jayour
    Title Updates are kept seperate from the main game because even though it's not paid for DLC, it is something you have to download.

Bioshock is a game that has 1000G on the disc and an additional 100G added by a title update.

The reason title updates aren't included in the main game is because not everyone would've had them, a title update is something added to the game from a point after release, so I could've played it on day 1 and decided I never wanted to play it again, doing that I never would have downloaded the title update.

As it is, I did just boot it up on a gamertag without any updates, it's maximum gamerscore is 900, so the games page will reflect that, just like how the other games this affects reflect it in the same way.

Cone Capture Champion in Project Gotham Racing 3, Team Cone Capture Champion in Project Gotham Racing 3, Mouse Master in Project Gotham Racing 3, Cat Champion in Project Gotham Racing 3 and Tournament Qualifier in Project Gotham Racing 3 were all added after the games official release in title updates.
    Posted on 12 October 10 at 07:07
    Jayour said:
    Title Updates are kept seperate from the main game because even though it's not paid for DLC, it is something you have to download.

Bioshock is a game that has 1000G on the disc and an additional 100G added by a title update.

The reason title updates aren't included in the main game is because not everyone would've had them, a title update is something added to the game from a point after release, so I could've played it on day 1 and decided I never wanted to play it again, doing that I never would have downloaded the title update.

As it is, I did just boot it up on a gamertag without any updates, it's maximum gamerscore is 900, so the games page will reflect that, just like how the other games this affects reflect it in the same way.

Cone Capture Champion in Project Gotham Racing 3, Team Cone Capture Champion in Project Gotham Racing 3, Mouse Master in Project Gotham Racing 3, Cat Champion in Project Gotham Racing 3 and Tournament Qualifier in Project Gotham Racing 3 were all added after the games official release in title updates.
    And you think out of 25k gamers only 808 only have the title update?? seems odd that the ONLY people with the title update are the ones who have won the achievement. As i am aware as soon as the title update is released you need it to be able to play online yes?

It just makes no sense at all, it worked before, everyone knows PGR3 is a 1000g game, that is how it is recognised, and now this is utterly stupid 808 people laugh
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,579,693
    Posted on 12 October 10 at 07:45
    mzivtins said:
    And you think out of 25k gamers only 808 only have the title update?? seems odd that the ONLY people with the title update are the ones who have won the achievement. As i am aware as soon as the title update is released you need it to be able to play online yes?

It just makes no sense at all, it worked before, everyone knows PGR3 is a 1000g game, that is how it is recognised, and now this is utterly stupid 808 people laugh
    Calm down. Knowing how the site works helps a lot, you know. If a TU or DLC is broken up from the main game, then only people who have an achievement in the TU/DLC will be shown as having it. So yeah sure, maybe 25k people have the game, and most of them may have downloaded the TU, but only 808 people have gotten an achievement in it.

Regardless, looking at the page now everything seems to have been tossed back into the main game, the TU dividers seem to be gone (?) so it's now a non-issue, unless it's a bug.
    A Blue Slime appears!
    Posted on 12 October 10 at 08:07
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    mzivtins said:

Calm down. Knowing how the site works helps a lot, you know. If a TU or DLC is broken up from the main game, then only people who have an achievement in the TU/DLC will be shown as having it. So yeah sure, maybe 25k people have the game, and most of them may have downloaded the TU, but only 808 people have gotten an achievement in it.

Regardless, looking at the page now everything seems to have been tossed back into the main game, the TU dividers seem to be gone (?) so it's now a non-issue, unless it's a bug.
    Haha, i know that the game is broken up in DLC, but this was more like a patch lol.

All i wish is microsoft enhanced their achievement statistics to do something like TA does, it would then be consistent accross the board and decided at developer level rather than a 3rd party group.
  • Van UdenVan Uden767,300
    Posted on 12 October 10 at 12:31
    Just as a heads up, this game will be divided into the main game and 2 DLC packs again, why? Because it's consistent on how we work. If we were to go at it the same way xbox.com goes about it we would have to delete all packs. That has been voted against in the past so I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.
    Posted on 12 October 10 at 13:36
    Van Uden said:
    Just as a heads up, this game will be divided into the main game and 2 DLC packs again, why? Because it's consistent on how we work. If we were to go at it the same way xbox.com goes about it we would have to delete all packs. That has been voted against in the past so I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.
    I think someone got butthurt over the fact the servers are playing up making the chievo unobtainable and put the change through to seperate the completion of it from the main game. Otherwise why wait years and years if this is just the way things are done. It all seems a bit... kneejerk?
  • JayourJayour1,171,766
    Posted on 12 October 10 at 13:38
    Some games slip through the cracks, that's all I'm gonna say about it, I cant comment on why it wasn't done before because I don't know why, but it's done now and it's in line with how every game on the site is treated.
  • Van UdenVan Uden767,300
    Posted on 12 October 10 at 13:47
    What Jayour said, this is just one of those games that we failed to update before. If we're going off the record then I believe we shouldn't have DLC packs at all for completion or ratio purposes, but the majority voted against that. If it wouldn't be up to the community but up to me we would only have DLC packs on the site to show which achievements are in it and to show how much they cost. In any case, it doesn't matter if we forgot about this before or not, we found it now and corrected a long time error, hurray for us.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads