Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World DLC Released

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• Rayne EvansRayne Evans245,366
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 02:29
    It has three achievements for 50gs.

Though I'm having a problem trying to get it to work. For some reason Knives isn't showing up in character select.
    Our Work Is Never Over
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,116,880
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 02:35
    The patch isn't up for this DLC yet. Therefore, it's unplayable. It does contain achievements, but they're not on xbox.com, so you can't get those either.

So yeah ... I would recommend not buying this yet.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,567,910
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 02:39
    i wonder if they bothered to fix the Chaudown glitch in this patch..had reset my data and redo everything twice just to get it tho.

Looking forward to it once its playable tho. Great game!
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 02:39
    And.... The update was supposed to fix the issues certain gamers had with teh "Chaudown" achievement, let's hope they put up the update as quickly and silently tomorrow as they did today right? roll

In all seriousness though, this could have been a great game on the Xbox, but consistent freezing and numerous glitches along with vastly inferior attention and support by Ubisoft compared to the PS3 version has really killed it for me-just my honest opinion.
  • Mr KroryMr Krory141,410
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 02:39
    Just reiterating for people, I recommend not DLing this yet since it won't work without the patch (my game won't work anymore at all - and I'm one achievement short, that was glitched anyway).

I haven't heard anything about a patch yet (and last I read, Ubisoft was even claiming they weren't releasing anything for the 360 for this, so this came as a surprise).

I also read about a couple people who can't get the regular game to work after getting the DLC, either so just be wary.
  • anthony2690anthony26901,192,586
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 03:00
    can't chau to appear at all :/
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 03:36
    'This has no achievements'

First post

'It has three achievements for 50gs.'

TRUEACHIEVEENTFAIL.
    FML.
  • JayourJayour1,241,189
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 03:48, Edited on 29 December 10 at 03:49 by Jayour
    paynexkiller666 said:

First post

TRUEACHIEVEENTFAIL.
    #1 - Spelling fail.
    #2 - The achievements aren't listed, so xbox.com fail.

Thanks for playing though.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 December 10 at 03:52, Edited on 29 December 10 at 03:55 by
    Jayour said:
    paynexkiller666 said:

First post

TRUEACHIEVEENTFAIL.
    #1 - Spelling fail.
    #2 - The achievements aren't listed, so xbox.com fail.

Thanks for playing though.
    Point. Set. Match. Jayour.

Damn son, you kind of got bitch slapped. Haha.

I need to play this more. It's an amazing game for sure but I'll wait until this dlc mess is sorted out before I download it.
    So an American President, a Holy Roman Emperor and a King of England all share my birthday.
  • SanadaSanada738,492
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 04:28
    Lol..2 months later. Totally worth the save on MSP like sub said.
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA355,966
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 04:38
    This movie was awesome!
    DEVILS UMBRA
  • Loch DounLoch Doun356,715
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 04:39, Edited on 29 December 10 at 04:40 by Loch Doun
    I imagine Sony bought a timed exclusive for this dlc, hence the 2 month wait.
    It's okay, they have to wait for COD dlc, so all is fair...
  • JayourJayour1,241,189
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 04:41
    DEVILS UMBRA said:
    This movie was awesome!
    I'm sure I wasn't the only one but I actually think my favourite part of the film was the Universal logo in 8-bit, I wasn't expecting it and I dunno, just loved that bit, sadly that was the highlight of the film for me, not that I didn't like it, it's a cool film, it just never topped that moment!

As for the game, I have it, haven't played it on my tag yet though, I've been waiting for the patch, I'll download this DLC once they release the patch and be away!
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 04:44
    I've been waiting for this since the game came out. Now it looks like I have to wait even longer on the patch. At least there's plenty of games I got for Christmas to keep me entertained while I wait.
  • JayourJayour1,241,189
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 04:46
    freakinalex said:
    I've been waiting for this since the game came out. Now it looks like I have to wait even longer on the patch. At least there's plenty of games I got for Christmas to keep me entertained while I wait.
    Don't sweat about it too much, it sounds like the regular DLC problem Microsoft have been having lately, it happened to at least 1 of the Crackdown 2 DLC's and I know it happened to at least another 2 packs on other games, just give them a few hours and they'll sort it out on their end.
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 05:58
    I saw it in the middle of the night and DL it immediately. Can't play it but my game does still work.... guess I'm lucky
    Don't make me push the reset button on your face.
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 06:04
    Why do companies release DLC before it is finished? Is it really that hard to push the date back a week or so?
  • BDSLiVeBDSLiVe49,697
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 06:23
    Nice! I want the game!
    Too Bad I hid a BooT
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,116,880
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 06:47
    deusXserpens said:
    Why do companies release DLC before it is finished? Is it really that hard to push the date back a week or so?
    The DLC is finished. The patch just hasn't been released. Patches and game add-ons are two different things.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads