Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA Sports Teases Upcoming SSX Content

• punkyliarpunkyliar289,208
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 22:38
    We still don't know what it is

Last month, EA Sports released a teaser trailer for new content that they are preparing for https://www.trueachievements.com/SSX-xbox-360.htm. Despite being over four minutes in length, most of us were still left grasping at straws as to what the content might be. Suggestions in the thread ranged from a freeride mode to local multiplayer and even board sponsors.

Now we can bring you another trailer, shorter this time, teasing the content again. No, they haven't yet revealed what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ETPcOVqpeI

Those of you who can't watch the trailer can also join in the guessing game with these two screenshots:

https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/009221.jpg
    https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/009222.jpg

EA has yet to reveal when they are going to announce the new content. Until then, you can either send us answers on a postcard or just put them in the thread below.

Credit goes to Dominator Dale for this story
  • InktoidInktoid741,560
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 22:45
    What if the content is the ability to make your own boarder?
  • BigNev44BigNev441,932,296
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 22:46
    Awesome!!!

It looks like they are adding head to head multiplayer in the game!
  • Bar6arianBar6arian553,563
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 22:48
    LOL who cares it's EA. The server will be down in a few months.
    A trying completionist
  • Calex dEUSCalex dEUS1,444,318
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 23:04
    BigNev44 said:
    Awesome!!!

Which should have been in the game from the beginning, and one of the reasons I got rid of it so quickly, beating friends scores / times was only fun for so long , racing head to head would have kept multiplayer interesting. If they introduce that now and want people to pay for it I'd be pissed if i still owned the game.
  • DxTrixterzDxTrixterz60,821
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 23:04, Edited on 04 August 12 at 23:04 by DxTrixterz
    Bar6arian said:
    No, not few months but 2 years at best.
  • mossfan563mossfan5631,064,192
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 23:05
    i hope the new content doesn't cost anything. i'm so tired of buying dlc......
  • RBKeyzRBKeyz127,175 127,175 GamerScore
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 23:45
    Its online multiplayer
    www.soundcloud.com/robertbigkeyz www.youtube.com/robertbigkeyz
  • FatalFlaw810FatalFlaw810441,969
    Posted on 04 August 12 at 23:51
    Bar6arian said:
    This joke is old please find something new because I'm tired of hearing everyone say the same thing. The online for this game will die out before EA shuts down the servers anyway.

OT: I'm looking forward to this DLC, hope it adds achievements :)
  • Posted on 04 August 12 at 23:57
    as long as it has no achievements.. not worth any dlcachieves if you ask me :O
    and im not planning on buying a new track for prob. 400 or 560 msp orsomething in that range because of EA XD so
    Boosting everything thats in my ToDo List or Boost List !!
  • AZIANDRAGONAZIANDRAGON355,804
    Posted on 05 August 12 at 00:01
    still waiting for mt fuji!
  • MoS x JameoMoS x Jameo224,863
    Posted on 05 August 12 at 00:55
    the catch is you need to buy a online pass first !
  • BigNev44BigNev441,932,296
    Posted on 05 August 12 at 02:04
    Calex dEUS said:
    BigNev44 said:
    Awesome!!!

Which should have been in the game from the beginning, and one of the reasons I got rid of it so quickly, beating friends scores / times was only fun for so long , racing head to head would have kept multiplayer interesting. If they introduce that now and want people to pay for it I'd be pissed if i still owned the game.
    Too true, that's the main I reason why I stopped playing it, it's still pretty fun but online multiplayer from the beginning would have made it better.
  • Bar6arianBar6arian553,563
    Posted on 05 August 12 at 02:20
    FatalFlaw810 said:
    Bar6arian said:
    This joke is old please find something new because I'm tired of hearing everyone say the same thing. The online for this game will die out before EA shuts down the servers anyway.

OT: I'm looking forward to this DLC, hope it adds achievements :)
    Not a joke, ok in 2 years then wether the online is popular or dead.
    A trying completionist
  • Posted on 05 August 12 at 02:49
    Maybe they'll add LOCAL MULTIPLAYER???

I can play with my friend in China but not my friend next to me in my living room. Thanks EA!
  • Posted on 05 August 12 at 03:49
    Head to head online MP!!!

Awesome. Glad I still have this.
  • Posted on 05 August 12 at 04:33
    While I wouldn't begrudge people who want head-to-head multiplayer, I'm extremely grateful that EA took mercy on those of us who loathe head-to-head multiplayer in games and made it possible to 100% the game without participating in that. SSX has the most fun multiplayer that I've ever played, as someone who usually hates multiplayer.

I know I'm probably in the minority, and I do hope those who want head-to-head get it. Selfishly, though, hopefully if that comes with achievements it will be in an isolated DLC with only that feature that I can just ignore. smile
  • BvnfireTVBvnfireTV309,591
    Posted on 05 August 12 at 05:00
    No achievements. No go for me... hopefully there'll be some this dlc :)
  • NekroflameNekroflame270,233
    Posted on 05 August 12 at 07:32
    Am I only person that read: EA Sports Teases Upcoming 'SEX' Content? My mind..
  • BIG P3TEBIG P3TE218,006 218,006 GamerScore
    Posted on 05 August 12 at 09:42
    Loved SSX when it first came out on the PlayStation many moons ago, but just cannot get into this latest version.. EA seem to have killed it...
    Veteran Gamer (Started on ZX81) | Gaming Journalist | Owner:- Game-play.Tv | Xbox Live Ambassador
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads