Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Driver: San Francisco Passport Problems And DLC

• Nexus GruntNexus Grunt162,207
  • Posted on 06 September 11 at 20:54, Edited on 06 September 11 at 20:55 by NbD o ReFLeeXzZ
    I love you Ubisoft
    Spray and Pray, Is not the way
  • PecorleonePecorleone364,236
    Posted on 06 September 11 at 20:57
    I like Ubisoft. They make good games and fix their problems. Fans will love this :)
  • Posted on 06 September 11 at 20:57
    I guess it wasn't such a big problem after all. Now everyone can play online without a pass used or new copies. This does go to show how complicated a silly code stopping gamer from playing online multiplayer can be a mess
  • Posted on 06 September 11 at 21:02
    someone's just been fired...
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,379,648
    Posted on 06 September 11 at 21:11
    Italian Weapons said:
    I like Ubisoft. They make good games and fix their problems. Fans will love this :)
    I sure do! My copy should be waiting for me at home now.
  • KirillKirill120,938
    Posted on 06 September 11 at 21:22
    Nice move from Ubi!
  • Posted on 06 September 11 at 21:22, Edited on 06 September 11 at 21:28 by FishyOutOfWater
    Sku11ySn1p3r said:
    My thoughts exactly.

Italian Weapons said:
    They fix some of their problems. Still waiting on fixes for Endwar and GRAW 2. They also mucked up on the Leaderboard reset of GRAW, and are now just completely ignoring it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 September 11 at 23:10
    Sku11ySn1p3r said:
    cry
    "For man had succeeded in destroying the world, but War. War never changes. Since the dawn of human
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 September 11 at 23:11
    Ubisoft leave a trail of horrible achievements GRAW, GRAW2, Vegas 1 & 2, FC2 (Why did they have to patch it?) and so on.
  • Legit SpamLegit Spam563,055
    Posted on 07 September 11 at 00:34
    I had a bad code, thank you Ubi!
    Golf & cigars are my happy place!
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS605,259
    Posted on 07 September 11 at 05:43, Edited on 07 September 11 at 05:44 by StarshadeFPS
    Free DLC is great news I got the game yesterday.
    youtube.com/itzstarsrpd
  • Posted on 07 September 11 at 06:32
    Got the game last friday, but still haven't used my uPlay Passport, glad I never bothered now :P
    Guitar Hero and Halo - Message me if you want a game sometime.
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS605,259
    Posted on 07 September 11 at 07:17, Edited on 07 September 11 at 07:17 by StarshadeFPS
    John Death 117 said:
    Got the game last friday, but still haven't used my uPlay Passport, glad I never bothered now :P
    I was about to use my code yesterday but then I checked the price, when I saw it was free I didn't bother with the code.
    youtube.com/itzstarsrpd
  • Posted on 07 September 11 at 07:34
    so weres the bad news, sounds all good to me lol
  • Posted on 07 September 11 at 07:40
    on a point, bar facebook and twitter both of which r free on my pc, can someone explain what im paying microsoft £39 a yr for if most games now need these silly codes to play online. i only buy 3new games a yr, the rest pre owned. and i have to pay for the privlage of playing online. whats my money paying for!!! and dont say bleedin party chat! its vain of life dont use it.
  • Sean ReinhardlSean Reinhardl1,273,250
    Posted on 07 September 11 at 12:03, Edited on 07 September 11 at 12:09 by Sean Reinhardl
    Septic Savlon said:
    on a point, bar facebook and twitter both of which r free on my pc, can someone explain what im paying microsoft £39 a yr for if most games now need these silly codes to play online. i only buy 3new games a yr, the rest pre owned. and i have to pay for the privlage of playing online. whats my money paying for!!! and dont say bleedin party chat! its vain of life dont use it.
    you are playing the developer for the game they get no money from you if you buy second hand.
    in the eyes of the developer you are just as profitible to the develpoer as someone that get a downloads a copy of the game for a chiped xbox
  • Nod NolanNod Nolan846,191
    Posted on 07 September 11 at 15:16, Edited on 07 September 11 at 15:16 by Nod Nolan
    Septic Savlon said:
    I don't understand why people buy preowned, general price attrition means all games are easily affordable NEW within 6 -12 months.

Buy buying pre-owned, all you're doing is forcing developers to shift more content into DLC, so they actually get some return on their investment (rather than retailers taking all the profit as they do on pre-owned)
  • Posted on 07 September 11 at 18:14
    Have to say, what a grand fix.
    Just free for everyone, and the first DLC will be free too?

Well done Ubisoft!
  • BroaBroa125,963
    Posted on 09 September 11 at 02:09
    This is why Ubisoft fails they can't do DLC right! I say that to everyone! This is the first time they ever fixed their DLC...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads