Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DiRT 3 DLC Packs Inbound [RUMOUR]

• SilentRich69SilentRich691,048,462
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 13:42
    Ahhhhh DLC all they have to do is remove popular idea's from a finished game and sell them seperately stay classy industry.
  • ArachnicideArachnicide332,897
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 13:47
    I am so sick of this DLC before a game ships talk. DLC should be in planning stages and nothing more...if it is ready put the shit on the disk. I suppose this is how they keep us thinking they have not raised the price of games to 70 or 80 bucks...because we "only" pay 60 at release. *Lame*
  • GRWRGRWR314,435
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 13:52
    SilentRich69 said:
    Ahhhhh DLC all they have to do is remove popular idea's from a finished game and sell them seperately stay classy industry.
    Agreed, You Stay Classy San Diego
    Cheesy Muffins
  • Team BretherTeam Brether1,522,569
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 13:53
    ^^ Agree with both...I won't be getting 4 dlc packs, 1000gs will do fine
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM112,475
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 13:58, Edited on 25 May 11 at 13:58 by ERIKDOTCOM
    I wouldn't have much of a problem with this DLC so soon, except that Codies is also using an Online Pass. It could have been argued that the DLC was a way to ensure they got the profit they needed to continue making games, but they also have the Online Pass, and that just throws the argument out the window.
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto149,980
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 13:58
    Ahhh EA, anything to make a further few pounds, right? Nothing like ripping content out of the game and selling it for extra. I'm going to nuke your HQ from orbit if I ever get the billion-in-one chance, you pigs.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM112,475
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 14:00
    Acceleretto said:
    Ahhh EA, anything to make a further few pounds, right? Nothing like ripping content out of the game and selling it for extra. I'm going to nuke your HQ from orbit if I ever get the billion-in-one chance, you pigs.
    EA doesn't have anything to do with this game. Codemasters developed and published it.
  • Crow555Crow55560,768
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 14:07
    At least in the case of Battlefield 3, that DLC is intended as an incentive to preorder the game. This on the other hand is simply a ploy to get more money out of a game that frankly still warm from the oven.
  • ArenazombieArenazombie278,300
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 14:14
    I'd rather have a game for 10€ more but have everything in it because there is too much mess with DLC, achs not updating to live, DLCs in most cases is glitchier than the main game, people can't play with other people that don't own specific maps or stuff, DLC often feels tagged on and isn't integrated in the main story properly, etc.
    Also if lets say every of these DLC packs cost 800M$ thats 40€ on top of the retail price so with a main game at 70€ (at least in Germany) we're at 110€ which equals 155$. Thats a friggin hell of a lot of money for just one game, so even if you wait the game will drop to 30€ but seldomly less at least in retail stores and if the DLC goes dotw we end up with 30€+20€ DLC which is still like 70$ after a year or so. So most likely I will just never get it because its just too frickin expensive and buying used would lend to having to pay an additional 10€ for an online pass so I probably wont get the base game cheaper than 30€ ever and as I am a completionist I want the whole game, anyway I would even want the whole game if there were no achs.
    I won't be paying fucking 70€ for a game where the developers have the opinion that the game with such a low amount of content that you need more content to begin with.
    And this is not a "must-have" game like Diablo 3 or Heroes of Might & Magic 6 (which will most likely ship with a hell of a lot more content and a hell of a lot more work put into the overall game for a cheaper price) so go fuck yourself Codemasters I won't be fucking buying DiRT3.
    Why can't developers all just go the Blizzard way and just release games that are so awesome that you simply have to buy them because they are so awesome instead of doing it like: "Buy our game new or you just get a "crippled" version missing the online part and some other stuff except you pay the addional amount cost of another full price game.
  • Mike United 007Mike United 0071,035,034
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 14:15
    Arachnicide said:
    I am so sick of this DLC before a game ships talk. DLC should be in planning stages and nothing more...if it is ready put the shit on the disk. I suppose this is how they keep us thinking they have not raised the price of games to 70 or 80 bucks...because we "only" pay 60 at release. *Lame*
    agreed - this is starting to do me tits in now - to much money - no loyality warning
    GT: Mike United 007
  • Posted on 25 May 11 at 14:22
    @ ERIKDOTCOM: Codemasters developed it but THQ published it.
    @ Crow555: Your gamerpic is Forza 3 and how many DLC packs did they release? Not to mention none of those ever included new achievements or tracks.
  • Posted on 25 May 11 at 14:55
    Arachnicide said:
    The game was ready ages ago, it just has to go through classification tests and stuff. Therefore they actually would have finished making the game, and then start making the DLC for it. Stop whining about the fact that we are getting extra content, its a good thing.
  • Posted on 25 May 11 at 14:56
    i thought rumors or unconfirmed 360 stuff was not posted here?
  • ArenazombieArenazombie278,300
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 15:04
    FishyOutOfWater said:
    The game was ready ages ago, it just has to go through classification tests and stuff. Therefore they actually would have finished making the game, and then start making the DLC for it. Stop whining about the fact that we are getting extra content, its a good thing.
    Then they should start working on a new game and if they feel the game needs more content to stay entertaining for a good amount of time they should've put more content in it before they put the "Gold status" to it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 May 11 at 15:23
    Probably some will be for unlocking all cars and tracks like they did with Dirt 2 I think.
  • Crow555Crow55560,768
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 15:37, Edited on 25 May 11 at 15:40 by Crow555
    @theBionicArm: I only bought one car pack for Forza and that was for Forza 2. (I did so because it had the challenger R/T in it) I haven't bought any for Forza 3 as it's got more than enough cars already. The difference with Forza however is they brought out car packs with cars the community asked for and WELL after the game was released. Dirt 3 hasn't even been out a week and car packs are being mooted.

Edit: Actually, there was one car pack I did take down for Forza 3, the classic car pack but it came with new copies of the game on launch. In other words, the only DLC I've bought in mass quantities has been for Gears 2 and Borderlands.
  • GodSpeed QcGodSpeed Qc870,837
    Posted on 25 May 11 at 15:41
    Online pass and 4 dlc's at launch! Im not gonna pay for this!
  • Posted on 25 May 11 at 15:56
    For all we know, the DLC could be part of the online pass. Maybe it's free for those with the pass. Maybe it's only for PS3. We just don't know enough to get angry.
  • Posted on 25 May 11 at 16:31
    This is their way of trying to prevent us from selling our copies used. If I think, "well, I'm done with Dirt 3, I think I'll sell it..." and then all of a sudden they announce DLC, I might then think, "Hmm... maybe I'll keep it a little longer." Just like the VIP Pass, it's a business tactic to try and squeeze out Gamestop. It's nothing new, people.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads