Game Discussion: The Walking Dead (Xbox 360)

Choices you made in Episode 5 of The Walking Dead

• Posted on 25 January 13 at 05:02
    Just finished up all episodes. It ended up being better than I thought because it all came together in episode 4 and 5.

The main stat that blew my mind was that only 37% chose to have Clem leave Lee instead of shooting him. Shooting him is a selfish thing to do and how anyone could have a 9 year old girl shoot the closest thing to her father is beyond me lol. I know that Clem needs to be hardened, but this is something that can go either way: either she would mentally break or she'd barely toughen up and realize hard decisions will have to be made in the future. I say "barely" because this kid has already seen more death and atrocities than what 20 people will see during their entire lifetimes. She's hardened enough and the way it could go is just too risky. Plus she's going to need the extra ammo and doesn't need to attract more attention to herself with the noise.

A part of the game (actually, it's in most games and most TV) that I didn't like was Kenny. I have no use for fair weather friends like him. I stuck by him through most of the game, yet the first time I didn't he acts like I'm not loyal and I don't stick by him. I'm one of the most loyal people in the world, but if my best friend is doing something I don't agree with, then I am going to say something and I expect them to hear what I have to say instead of talking about my loyalty when I disagree with them one friggin' time. They have the right to not agree with me, but do not have the right to call me unloyal or not being a friend and I have earned the right to be heard and I expect no different treatment were the roles reversed. He came around in the end, but it seems in videogames (and TV) we always get one extreme or the other. I guess that's why I'm not a videogame or tv star: not enough drama in my life haha.

My main choices were probably similar to others. I chose to take the food from the car even though Clem was against it. I would do the same thing if it were real life simply because I had a child to take care of. Were it just me then I'd have taken something for me eat and left the rest. I'd have waited around a bit, because whoever owned the car had to still be near by because the battery in the car was still full of juice. If they didn't return by the time the battery was dying or dead, then they wouldn't be coming back.

I chose to cut off the arm. That was my first thought when I saw him get bit. He knows he's going to turn, so cutting the arm off can do one of three things: remove the disease completely if caught fast enough, slow down the infection or do nothing. So cutting the arm off is a logical move given the outcome if you don't. From the game, you can turn one of two ways: get bitten and live until you turn or just die and then you turn (unless your brains were scrambled from dying). As soon as I saw the surgical supplies in the underground where Vernon was staying I was like, "dude, cut your arm off!" haha. Then the passing out happens and those supplies become interactive.

The very ending sequence with Clem is kind of fubar. I've played two different choices with Christa and Omid and the same cutscene rolls after the credits. The last one I told Christa and Omid to meet us at the train because I knew Clem knew where that was. I told Clem to meet them there and Clem ends up in the same empty field looking at two people walking in the distance. Dunno if it was Christa and Omid or not.

Did anyone else get a different ending?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 January 13 at 06:20
    Shinerbock88 said:
    The main stat that blew my mind was that only 37% chose to have Clem leave Lee instead of shooting him. Shooting him is a selfish thing to do and how anyone could have a 9 year old girl shoot the closest thing to her father is beyond me lol. I know that Clem needs to be hardened, but this is something that can go either way: either she would mentally break or she'd barely toughen up and realize hard decisions will have to be made in the future. I say "barely" because this kid has already seen more death and atrocities than what 20 people will see during their entire lifetimes. She's hardened enough and the way it could go is just too risky. Plus she's going to need the extra ammo and doesn't need to attract more attention to herself with the noise.
    The whole Clem breaking thing is why I changed my mind; I started with telling her to shoot me but she started to tear up so I told her it's okay and she wouldn't have to.

*realisation* shock That homeless dude (Chuck or something) told us we should toughen her up; what if season two searches your season 1 save file, and you'll see Clem alive if you told her to shoot you but she'll be dead if she didn't shoot you?
    Posted from TrueAchievements Mobile
  • Posted on 25 January 13 at 07:19
    Billy Horrible said:
    Shinerbock88 said:
    The whole Clem breaking thing is why I changed my mind; I started with telling her to shoot me but she started to tear up so I told her it's okay and she wouldn't have to.

*realisation* shock That homeless dude (Chuck or something) told us we should toughen her up; what if season two searches your season 1 save file, and you'll see Clem alive if you told her to shoot you but she'll be dead if she didn't shoot you?
    Then I'll disagree with the game haha.

I feel like I did the right thing. If I was supposed to make the opposite choices, then TellTale games did a poor job arguing that. From what I see in the game, I did what is the very best for Clem and gave her the best chance at surviving. She's hardened enough mentally to be able take anything that comes along and she didn't need to see her best friend die by her own hands. That's something that could put someone over the top and make them finally break down. Especially at 9 years old. I didn't teach her to be a cold hearted killer, but to have compassion for those that need it. She'll now be more like Lee. The other leasd to someone more like Kenny who wants to kill anything that coughs... except his own family or a girl being attacked by the hoard so they can have more time to loot the drugstore. Kenny is by far the worst kind of person you'd want by your side in a situation like this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 January 13 at 09:03, Edited on 25 January 13 at 09:08 by
    Thanks jerk, I'm just starting at Mass Effect 1. Care to mark spoilers of unrelated games next time?
  • ljp0390ljp0390112,458
    Posted on 26 January 13 at 15:02
    Billy Horrible said:
    Thanks jerk, I'm just starting at Mass Effect 1. Care to mark spoilers of unrelated games next time?
    Dont read too much into that "spoiler". He didnt really spoil the game for you.
    u mad bro?
  • Posted on 26 January 13 at 16:33, Edited on 26 January 13 at 16:34 by Shinerbock88
    ljp0390 said:
    Billy Horrible said:
    There's enough there where I'd be pissed if I hadn't already played the ME series.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 January 13 at 09:48
    Shinerbock88 said:
    ljp0390 said:
    Billy Horrible said:
    There's enough there where I'd be pissed if I hadn't already played the ME series.
    Indeed. If you tell someone who is playing Episode 1 of The Walking Dead that you'll die in the end he can still enjoy the game, but it's a major spoiler that can bug the hell out of you anyway.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity" - Al Capone
  • Posted on 27 January 13 at 11:16
    Billy Horrible said:
    Shinerbock88 said:
    ljp0390 said:
    Billy Horrible said:
    Indeed. If you tell someone who is playing Episode 1 of The Walking Dead that you'll die in the end he can still enjoy the game, but it's a major spoiler that can bug the hell out of you anyway.
    Exactly. That's why I try not to read anything on games until after I play them. I won't even use Google to look up something and I'll use these forums to ask if I have a question. But when you're not expecting it like what happened here and it's a spoiler on a game that isn't on topic, there's not much you can do. People throw spoilers around like crazy nowadays and they don't realize that what may not be a spoiler to them may be a spoiler to someone else. I don't want to know ANYTHING about a game I know I am going to play, so everything is spoiler haha.

I've PM'd the guy asking that he remove his post or edit it. I'm sorry you had to see that, but don't let it stop you from playing the series. It's a fantastic series regardless of what everyone thought about the final game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 January 13 at 12:13
    Shinerbock88 said:
    Billy Horrible said:
    Shinerbock88 said:
    ljp0390 said:
    Billy Horrible said:
    Exactly. That's why I try not to read anything on games until after I play them. I won't even use Google to look up something and I'll use these forums to ask if I have a question. But when you're not expecting it like what happened here and it's a spoiler on a game that isn't on topic, there's not much you can do. People throw spoilers around like crazy nowadays and they don't realize that what may not be a spoiler to them may be a spoiler to someone else. I don't want to know ANYTHING about a game I know I am going to play, so everything is spoiler haha.

I've PM'd the guy asking that he remove his post or edit it. I'm sorry you had to see that, but don't let it stop you from playing the series. It's a fantastic series regardless of what everyone thought about the final game.
    I won't even look at movie trailers if I have already decided I want to see them smile. I'm already back on Mass Effect 1, I'm not going to let it spoil the fun (both Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire were also spoiled to me, which I played and enjoyed regardless). I did read a spoiler free note on wikipedia that the ending of 3 became notorious enough to warrant an extended version, which I downloaded in advance.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity" - Al Capone
  • Posted on 27 January 13 at 13:58
    Billy Horrible said:
    Shinerbock88 said:
    Billy Horrible said:
    Shinerbock88 said:
    ljp0390 said:
    Billy Horrible said:

I won't even look at movie trailers if I have already decided I want to see them smile. I'm already back on Mass Effect 1, I'm not going to let it spoil the fun (both Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire were also spoiled to me, which I played and enjoyed regardless). I did read a spoiler free note on wikipedia that the ending of 3 became notorious enough to warrant an extended version, which I downloaded in advance.
    I'm exactly the same way haha. Not just because even movie producers like to throw spoilers around in their trailers nowadays, but movies, games, and books are so much better when you know as little as possible about them. I mean, if you know you're going to play the game/watch the movie with 100% certainty, why bother watching the trailers? It allows for a lot more surprises that way and it's much better to get surprised while playing the game rather than watch the trailer a month before the game is released. At least that's my philosophy haha.

Good deal on downloading the extended ending now. There's no sense in playing it without it. BioWare did a pretty poor job explaining the ending, but the extended version (which should've been apart of the original game to begin with) definitely cleans up a lot of WTF just happened moments or situations where there seemed to be plot holes. BW did a fantastic job with it IMO, it just didn't address my main concerns which I won't get into. Some gamers still enjoyed the ending, so don't write it off. Go in with a clear mind and you may be one of those that find nothing wrong with it.

Enjoy ME. If you have any love of science or science fiction, then you're going to love the ME series. Be sure to read all the planets' and solar systems' descriptions too. There's a lot of text to read, but it's really quite interesting seeing the mechanics behind other solar systems. Whoever BW's science advisor was, they did a fantastic job for the most part.
  • Thief44Thief44727,107
    Posted on 28 January 13 at 01:07
    Thought it was a form to talk about what we thought of the ending I guess not and if your new to mass effect and haven't hear about the up roar over the ending u must be liveing under a rock. I'll just delete the post but I will not be back to talk about how I thought the ending was.
    Thief44
  • Posted on 28 January 13 at 05:27
    Thief44 said:
    Thought it was a form to talk about what we thought of the ending I guess not and if your new to mass effect and haven't hear about the up roar over the ending u must be liveing under a rock. I'll just delete the post but I will not be back to talk about how I thought the ending was.
    It's not about the uproar over the ending, it's about what you actually posted. Some of us stay completely away from any kind of media on games we've yet to play.

Thanks for removing it anyway.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 January 13 at 06:21
    Shinerbock88 said:
    Thief44 said:
    It's not about the uproar over the ending, it's about what you actually posted. Some of us stay completely away from any kind of media on games we've yet to play.

Plus, firstly this thread is about Walking Dead not Mass Effect, secondly it's about discussing the choices you made - not just an endgame discussion. See all previous posts before this got wildly off topic.
  • Posted on 30 January 13 at 14:01
    Billy Horrible said:
    Shinerbock88 said:
    Thief44 said:

Plus, firstly this thread is about Walking Dead not Mass Effect, secondly it's about discussing the choices you made - not just an endgame discussion. See all previous posts before this got wildly off topic.
    Yeah, I probably should've added what you just wrote haha. I decided not to at the end.
  • HiradCHiradC350,444
    Posted on 08 February 13 at 07:11
    was wondering, does anyone know what happens if you don't take the supplies from the car? I assume you still have the guy over the radio as it was too large a storypiece to remove, was he friendly? Or just a nutjob for a different reason and still finds an excuse to blame you?
    take me seriously at your own risk
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 February 13 at 11:57
    Yeah I asked someone the same question. Apparently even if you object, your group takes the stuff, and the guy blames you for it.
  • HiradCHiradC350,444
    Posted on 08 February 13 at 16:40
    oh lol, that kinda sucks cheers for info
    take me seriously at your own risk
  • tmw666tmw666467,432
    Posted on 15 February 13 at 21:36
    HiradC said:
    was wondering, does anyone know what happens if you don't take the supplies from the car? I assume you still have the guy over the radio as it was too large a storypiece to remove, was he friendly? Or just a nutjob for a different reason and still finds an excuse to blame you?
    yea , as the supplies have been taken by the group (although i objected) he still blamed lee and was a complete nutjob.
  • tmw666tmw666467,432
    Posted on 15 February 13 at 21:46
    My choices:
    - I kept my arm. Didn't think that removing an arm would help much when the whole body is infected. And no one knows how fast the infection is spreading, so i was just set on rescuing Clem
    - I kept cool with Kenny.
    - I didn't give up my weapons.
    - I killed the stranger befor he turned
    - I told Clem to leave me and save the bullet. I couldn't do any harm to her being cuffed.
  • Posted on 20 February 13 at 02:36
    My choices:
    -I kept my arm. I figured if I chopped it off I would end up like Ben's coach (or whoever he was) from Episode 2. I chopped off that guys leg when he got stuck in the bear trap and he turned into a Walker pretty fast due to loss of blood. I figured the same would happen to Lee. Not that it would have happened as fast as it did for that guy. Being that he lost blood a lot quicker, but at this point I figured it was already too late and I was gonna turn by the end of the Episode either way. And I wanted both my arms to kill the bastard who took Clem.

And i'm kind glad I didn't chop of his arm because it was pretty cool watching him going down the street in front of the Marsh House with 2 weapons in hand. He picks up some broken glass or something with his bad arm and I can kill the Walkers with either the cleaver or that as he walks through the mob. It was pretty cool seeing the different animations. I got this scene by letting Christa and Omid cross the sign first, as Christa makes it to the end the sign breaks and falls. Leaving Lee on the other building, so he climbs down into the street and decides to walk through the horde of Walkers with that "I'm gonna become one anyway, so bring it on" attitude. Can anyone tell me what happens if Lee crosses first?

- I lost my temper with Kenny. I yelled just kill me already and waited it out. He picked up the bust and threw it at the wall.

- I gave up my weapons. I figured at this point Clem was more important, and if I didn't she would die or be injured. Plus the guy started acting like every major movie villain who was about to go on a monologue and then get killed.

- I killed the stranger. Strangled him and then shot him in the head. What's weird is that even though I still had my other arm and it apparently works to some extent, I still only choked him out with the one good arm. Guess its so they didn't have to do a different animation for those who chopped it off.

- I told Clem to shoot me. As I didn't want her to see me turn into a Walker, after all she did just see her parents out in the street as Walkers. Plus, I wanted to make sure that she would be able to make such a tough decision in the future.

Billy Horrible said:
    Other notes on the episode:
    - I saw both revelations from hints in the previous episode (walkers from the railroad and Christa's pregnancy) coming from a mile away. I didn't realise who the stranger was before, but after I saw the car I realised how heavy the meeting would become (and even then I underestimated it).
    - I love what Kenny did. The fellow and I haven't seen eye to eye on many occasions, but just jumping in there? Crowning Moment Of Awesome. I hope he survived.
    - I love how the stealing from the car thing finally came around and bit me in the ass in such a huge way. I'd also like to know what happens if you hadn't stolen... Who can tell me?
    - I hope that Clem is the player character in season two, or at least that she survives.
    - I started out distrusting Omid and Christa but I've grown to like them. Omid's "at least it's not a deathtrap" comment and Christa's subsequent reaction had me in stitches, I think that's the loudest I laughed at Walking Dead since Lee slipped in the blood - twice - back in episode 1. I had told them I wanted Clem to go with them, and I told Clem to look for them.
    I must agree some of the game was pretty predictable. Like in Episode 2, as soon as I got to the Farm and it "looked to good to be true", I though immediately that they were cannibals.

And yeah figured Christina was pregnant from how she acted. and the Walkers coming down the railroad I figured would also flood the town. But what I want to know is, how far back were those Walkers when you first come upon the train? Cause even if your going down the tracks at 20-30mph, the Walkers aren't moving that fast and you don't spend a lot of time in the area dislodging the fuel truck on the bridge. So how do no one see them? Were they in the woods as you pass by in the train and the sound from it brings them out?

Same with the station wagon. As soon as they show it, I knew why Clem was taken and who she had been talking to on the radio. Even though I opted out of taking the supplies I still got blamed for it. Plus, as the achievement states when it pops afterwords, its kinda sick that he was carrying around still alive head of his daughter in the bag. At least I think it was his daughter.

And I had saved Ben in episode 4, and even though I had to yell a Kenny at the end of the Episode, I got everyone to come with me. Though it doesn't seem like it matters as Ben still dies and was pretty much useless the entire game. Though it was somewhat redeeming the Kenny dies with Ben. In the end he tries to save him even after all that's happened. For those who didn't save Ben in Episode 4, how does Kenny die in Episode 5?

And Fuck Vernen. I can't believe that old bastard stole the boat.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads